Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Vs Rams

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Vs Rams

The game that should decide who's going to run the Jets next seson. Imagine if u will the Rams blowing out the Jets with an offensive explosion. How do u then bring back all the people who made Brian Schottenheimer a scapegoat for all the Jets ills.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shotty's inability to develop a single play maker is all on him. Name one WR, RB, or QB he developed into a viable pro starter? Kerley has done more this year then any one of his projects on O.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets lose to Schottenheimer and it will be worse than the 45-3 loss to the Pats a couple of years ago. If we can't get past the Rams we really are one of the worst teams in the NFL right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Shotty's inability to develop a single play maker is all on him. Name one WR, RB, or QB he developed into a viable pro starter? Kerley has done more this year then any one of his projects on O.
    Wasn't Kerley in Rex's doghouse at the begining of the season because Rex didn't believe that Kerley was picking up the new offense.

Look of all these QBs and players that Jet fans and whoever else want to say Shotty ruined, the only 1 that truely ran his offense was Chad Pennington in Shotty's 1st yr with the Jets and the offense hasn't look the same since.

U need a brain to run the offense shotty wants to run. U have to be able to read defenses and make adjustments at the LOS base on what the defense is showing .
    We have Barney Rubble trying to run a George Jetson Offense. The scheme Chad Pennington ran in Shotty's 1st year was a motion multiple shift offense almost like what the Saints run. To run that offense, u need to be a student of the game. If that was Mark Sanchez, 4 yrs later he would not be still steering down his primary target and funbling the football everytime he gets blitz bya DB.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Jets lose to Schottenheimer and it will be worse than the 45-3 loss to the Pats a couple of years ago. If we can't get past the Rams we really are one of the worst teams in the NFL right now.
    Ummmm, I think the Jets already are one of the worst teams in the NFL, Rams loss or not.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...claim-top-spot

Jets are #28 and rank below the Rams, Dolphins and Bills.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Ummmm, I think the Jets already are one of the worst teams in the NFL, Rams loss or not.

The way the stars are aligned with the Jets recently, the Rams blow the Jets out 37-7 and Woody hires Shotty as the Coach next year!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooooo..an early gameday thread.

Go JEts!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tin, your constant attempts to "prove" Schotty's competence have grown extremely tiresome. Schotty was, is, and always will be, an incompetent offensive coordinator. There is no possible result on Sunday that will show otherwise. I could write a book about how bad he was. Those that are paying attention know that Sparano is clearly better than Schitty. Guys are open in the secondary every game, Mark just doesn't consistently deliver an accurate ball. Schitty had better talent and yet the WR's were always well-covered because the defense knew what was coming. Schitty sucks!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Tin, your constant attempts to "prove" Schotty's competence have grown extremely tiresome. Schotty was, is, and always will be, an incompetent offensive coordinator. There is no possible result on Sunday that will show otherwise. I could write a book about how bad he was. Those that are paying attention know that Sparano is clearly better than Schitty. Guys are open in the secondary every game, Mark just doesn't consistently deliver an accurate ball. Schitty had better talent and yet the WR's were always well-covered because the defense knew what was coming. Schitty sucks!
    I am not trying to prove anything. All i am doing is having a conversation on a Jet message board. I have my opinion and you have your opinion which happens to be wrong, but it is your opinion. If you believe something strong enough no force on earth should be able to convince you otherwise.

I believe Shotty is a solid football coach who has not had anyone competent ennough to run his offense.

I believe Herman Edwards was a good HC.

I believe Rex Ryan is a terrible HC but a quality DC.

I believe Mikey T is a horrible GM who relies to much on what his HC wants instead of what his scouts tell him.

I believe Mark Sanchez is a moron when it comes to reading defenses and executing offensive schemes.

I believe Tim Tebow is a terrible QB but a solid football player and an excellent leader.

Oh and I know Jesus saves.

Ask me how i know.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Jet Fan View Post
    The way the stars are aligned with the Jets recently, the Rams blow the Jets out 37-7 and Woody hires Shotty as the Coach next year!!!!!!
    It would be 1 yr late. Woody should have done it after the Dolphin game last yr. When Leadership rares it's head, you don't dismiss it, you embrass it. Shotty showed Leadership and Rex Ryan by his own admission showed his lack of leadership.

How can you run an organization and not know what is going on within it. If that is not gross imcompetence you tell me what is. Marty Schottenheimer went 21-4 and got fired. Precedent was set . Woody had just cause.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Schitty didn't deserve the criticism? The Sporano hire was odd but who else was available that Rex wouldn't cold clock like his pop?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Schitty didn't deserve the criticism? The Sporano hire was odd but who else was available that Rex wouldn't cold clock like his pop?
    Every single Jet fan who has an axe to grind with Brian Shottenheimer blames him for what has happen to Sanchez. The problem is it's not his fault but Rex Ryan's.
    To be blatantly honest, i never believed Sanchez was going to amount to much as an NFL QB, but i digress. Everytime Shotty tried to move Sanchez forward in his offense, he failed . Instead of allowing that kid to proceed through failure, he was thrown backwards with cue cards and an offense that was not what Shotty wanted to run.

Both the Jets and Shotty are better apart. Especially with the HC the Jets currently have. Failure is a part of success, but never trying is not.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Every single Jet fan who has an axe to grind with Brian Shottenheimer blames him for what has happen to Sanchez. The problem is it's not his fault but Rex Ryan's.
    To be blatantly honest, i never believed Sanchez was going to amount to much as an NFL QB, but i digress. Everytime Shotty tried to move Sanchez forward in his offense, he failed . Instead of allowing that kid to proceed through failure, he was thrown backwards with cue cards and an offense that was not what Shotty wanted to run.

Both the Jets and Shotty are better apart. Especially with the HC the Jets currently have. Failure is a part of success, but never trying is not.
    UR right...we need to bring Schotty back...I miss those empty backfield sets on 3rd and 2......

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Ooooooo..an early gameday thread.

Go JEts!!!

Did MaineJet kill that???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post

Not that it really matters but if I remember correctly, Shotty didn't have positional coach duties( correct me if I'm wrong). He was the offensive coordinator while at the Jets but not a positional coach. O coordinators have much too much to do to be developing positional players unless he was specifically tagged to do so. Most don't do both. There's just too much planning that goes on. It's a little more common on the defensive side of the ball.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Did MaineJet kill that???
    no apache shot him down from that cheesy helicopter of his.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    no apache shot him down from that cheesy helicopter of his.
    Keep on making fun of the military. That's all you do make fun of the military and act like you went out on a limb saying a Sanchez was no good, a good number of Qb's fit that bill, but you just keep talking about how right you are up to now. Do you have anything else to contribute to any of the other forums, or is that all the teach you in Pennsiltucky?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post

New York Jets at St. Louis Rams

I think they'll probably tie. I'm only half-joking. But seriously, the Rams are better than their record while the Jets are really, really bad, as evidenced by a three-game losing streak. Rams win.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...egins-to-shape

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    New York Jets at St. Louis Rams

I think they'll probably tie. I'm only half-joking. But seriously, the Rams are better than their record while the Jets are really, really bad, as evidenced by a three-game losing streak. Rams win.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...egins-to-shape
    As a Pats fan, I know this had to be a disingenous post. What Rams games did you even see other than the Pats-Rams game where you guys won 45-7? Did you guys beat us like that?

So what exactly do you base your "Rams are better than their record while the Jets are really, really bad" statement from?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Mr. T making moves to insure Jets playoff run

=A few quick thoughts on the New York Jets decision to sign running back Kahlil Bell and release outside linebacker Aaron Maybin, only because it is a rarity when GM Mike Tannenbaum makes two smart decisions in one day -

1. If given the proper opportunity, Kahlil Bell is going to be a strong addition to this roster. He is an immediate upgrade over Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight. He arguably could even be an upgrade over Shonn Greene. (Go look at Greene’s stats outside of the outlier Colts game this year and then come back to me). Why am I so excited about Bell? Predominantly from his body of work over the final five games last season when he saw extensive playing time for the Chicago Bears. Here are his game logs from those weeks -

Vs. Kansas City – 4 carries, 34 yards
    At Denver – 9 carries, 40 yards, 5 receptions, 24 yards
    Vs. Seattle – 15 carries, 65 yards, 5 receptions, 43 yards
    At Green Bay – 23 carries, 121 yards, 4 receptions, 38 yards
    At Minnesota – 17 carries, 54 yards, 5 receptions, 28 yards

I actually saw the Denver, Seattle and Green Bay game in their entirety and was thoroughly impressed with Bell. He was one of the backs I was hoping the team would bring in this past August after the Bears let him go. Unfortunately Mike Tannenbaum decided to wait until week 11. Bell is an excellent receiver out of the backfield, has good quickness and is much more explosive than Greene. I am not exaggerating when I am saying that he should be immediately receiving 7-10 carries starting this week and then work towards a playing time split with Greene. In the long term, he could be this team’s number two back when they find a legitimate number one back.