Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: NY Jets Teammates Rip Tim Tebow (here we go...)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Hit the nail on the head
    Please, im not trying to start a fight....

But im sure you agree Mark sucks also...right?

So lets say they both suck. We are arguing over who sucks less?

It is very well possible, and probably likely that Tebow is worse than Sanchez......Why will it hurt to show that on the filed?

I think it sounds silly to say "well he just sucks, i know it" when the only season of football he took his team into the playoffs. And YES it was as a team, Tebow didnt single handedly propell the Broncos to the Playoffs, but is the QB not the leader of your team?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    “I believe that there are Tebow fans, and there are Broncos fans,” Elway said, via Lindsay Jones of USA Today. “My responsibility is to the Broncos fans, and my responsibility is to [owner] Pat Bowlen and what he wants to do, and that’s win championships.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ot-tebow-fans/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...tebow/1705685/

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    On that last drive, Rex sent the house and left the cornerbacks to stop Tebow.

Since that time, the Patriots showed that there are plenty of ways to stop Tim Tebow from having a free run at one defender. (They also run up the score)
    Actually, "the house" was supposed to stop Tebow. They were supposed to contain him and take him down. They didn't.

The CBs were out covering the wideouts down field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Methinks they're answering the underlying question: Why isn't he starting?

Because he blows more than Sanchez.

So glad I'm not a Jets fan.
    Me too!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I just think Rex is stubborn. He feels like if he puts in Tebow, he'll have caved to media pressure, which is true to some extent. Nothing Tebow has shown at practice, in preseason, or during the season has warranted more playing time. He's an ineffective runner and inaccurate passer. He does nothing well outside of punt block as far as I can tell. It'd be different if he was lighting things up and we still kept Sanchez in.
    Rex is stubborn, but I disagree about the motivation.

The Jets knew exactly what they were getting. Tebow is the same QB that he was last year. They knew he was inaccurate. They knew he was not a traditional QB.

One of the big objectives going into the offseason was to acquire a quality backup to 'push' Mark Sanchez. They got Stanton. They got Tebow. They got rid of Stanton.

Tim Tebow was not brought here to be 'the wildcat guy'. That was suppose to be a bonus. He came here to be a g-d Quarterback! Nonconventional sure. But that is his job. We only dress two. He is one of them.

So now that we all know just how horrible Mark Sanchez is, how is it possible that Tim Tebow can't even get a series to run the offense?

It makes no sense.

Only possible explanation is that if he were to actually do what he did in Denver - win games - Sanchez becomes unsalvageable and he stuck with a QB (tebow) that he cannot win a championship with. The only way to avoid that situation is to not let it become a possibility.

I fully believe that Rex thought Sanchez would take that big step forward this year. He never imagined that the kid would go in the opposite direction. And now, he is in a no win situation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Please, im not trying to start a fight....

But im sure you agree Mark sucks also...right?

So lets say they both suck. We are arguing over who sucks less?

It is very well possible, and probably likely that Tebow is worse than Sanchez......Why will it hurt to show that on the filed?

I think it sounds silly to say "well he just sucks, i know it" when the only season of football he took his team into the playoffs. And YES it was as a team, Tebow didnt single handedly propell the Broncos to the Playoffs, but is the QB not the leader of your team?
    mark has been terrible, but he's still the better QB and it's still in the best interest of the team for him to try to improve and figure it out. starting tebow means going backwards

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tim Tebow will start and win football games for us. All we have to do is also trade for Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Damryios Thomas, Decker, Matt Prater and Mike McCoy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    “I believe that there are Tebow fans, and there are Broncos fans,” Elway said, via Lindsay Jones of USA Today. “My responsibility is to the Broncos fans, and my responsibility is to [owner] Pat Bowlen and what he wants to do, and that’s win championships.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ot-tebow-fans/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...tebow/1705685/
    I would love to hear Tannenbaum say those words. What the **** was he thinking?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    Tebow needs to come into the huddle, change the bullcrap play, and get it going. And when Sanchez tries to reenter the game, tell him to get the fu** off the field.
    Succinct & so correct. Spread 'em out, empty backfield & let Tebow create. Pretty passing is but one component of a QB's job. The game is slowly morphing into a "big, athletic QB who can run and pass" league anyway.

Tebow will earn a starting job at QB in this league. Book it. It may as well be with the sadsack, disfunctional franchise known as the Jets.

Note: I have no interest, nor any ties to Univ. of Florida. Haven't been to church in 40 years.

Peace-Out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Succinct & so correct. Spread 'em out, empty backfield & let Tebow create. Pretty passing is but one component of a QB's job. The game is slowly morphing into a "big, athletic QB who can run and pass" league anyway.

Tebow will earn a starting job at QB in this league. Book it. It may as well be with the sadsack, disfunctional franchise known as the Jets.

Note: I have no interest, nor any ties to Univ. of Florida. Haven't been to church in 40 years.

Peace-Out.
    the league is morphing into a run-first QB league? SMH... you're out of your mind

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Rex is stubborn, but I disagree about the motivation.

The Jets knew exactly what they were getting. Tebow is the same QB that he was last year. They knew he was inaccurate. They knew he was not a traditional QB.

One of the big objectives going into the offseason was to acquire a quality backup to 'push' Mark Sanchez. They got Stanton. They got Tebow. They got rid of Stanton.

Tim Tebow was not brought here to be 'the wildcat guy'. That was suppose to be a bonus. He came here to be a g-d Quarterback! Nonconventional sure. But that is his job. We only dress two. He is one of them.

So now that we all know just how horrible Mark Sanchez is, how is it possible that Tim Tebow can't even get a series to run the offense?

It makes no sense.

Only possible explanation is that if he were to actually do what he did in Denver - win games - Sanchez becomes unsalvageable and he stuck with a QB (tebow) that he cannot win a championship with. The only way to avoid that situation is to not let it become a possibility.

I fully believe that Rex thought Sanchez would take that big step forward this year. He never imagined that the kid would go in the opposite direction. And now, he is in a no win situation.
    Even Rex's tone in these press conferences the last couple of weeks have been different than the past 3.5 years. He sounds like a guy who knows he's going down with the Sanchez titanic....but rather go out this way than with Tebow (who he doesn't believe is any better anyway).

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Tim Tebow will start and win football games for us. All we have to do is also trade for Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Damryios Thomas, Decker, Matt Prater and Mike McCoy.
    Naw, just recreate the 2009 & 2010 Jets team and Tebow will win with them. You like that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Naw, just recreate the 2009 & 2010 Jets team and Tebow will win with them. You like that?
    and out come the wolves. god help us jets fans... the teblow thumpers are in town and are sharpening their knives. fvck woody johnson for forcing this cancer on this franchise. we might as well just trade everybody and start over. there's no point in having any good players if we're going to be forced to have a tebow led franchise
    Last edited by cant wait; 11-16-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Actually, "the house" was supposed to stop Tebow. They were supposed to contain him and take him down. They didn't.

The CBs were out covering the wideouts down field.
    I'm glad you agree with me.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    the league is morphing into a run-first QB league? SMH... you're out of your mind
    Cam Newton, RG3...watch Kaepernick last week? How 'bout the NFL wooing Chip Kelly based on the team he's built at Oregon?

Don't be like the guys who scorned the advent of the forward pass 60-70 years ago and said "it was a gimmick".

Open up your mind & try to get past your disdain of Tebow. It is, right now, a passing league, so defenses are also built to focus on defending the pass. It is thus very possible to build a freaking juggernaut run game and literally jam it down their collective throats. Mix in a handful of efficient throws....bingo, success.

Maybe you played football? Ever play in a game where you could not stop the run - at all? Demoralizing, frustrating, causes you to over pursue, commit penalties, take chances, etc.

If I were an owner I'd get Tebow and attempt to build the most devastating pro ground game of all time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    and out come the wolves. god help us jets fans... the teblow thumpers are in town and are sharpening their knives. fvck woody johnson for forcing this cancer on this franchise. we might as well just trade everybody and start over. there's no point in having any good players if we're going to be forced to have a tebow led franchise
    Who are the "good players?" Is Bart Scott one of them?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I'm glad you agree with me.
    Cool. For whatever reason, it seemed like you were saying that the CBs really were meant to stop Tebow, like it was some really strange defense.

"Yeah Cro, what I want you to do is drop back like you're covering, then come kind of like you are on a super duper delayed corner blitz and tackle Tebow after everyone else flushes him".

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're gonna keep dishing it out you're gonna have to learn to take it. When you bait me what do you expect me to do?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cam Newton, RG3...watch Kaepernick last week? How 'bout the NFL wooing Chip Kelly based on the team he's built at Oregon?

Don't be like the guys who scorned the advent of the forward pass 60-70 years ago and said "it was a gimmick".

Open up your mind & try to get past your disdain of Tebow. It is, right now, a passing league, so defenses are also built to focus on defending the pass. It is thus very possible to build a freaking juggernaut run game and literally jam it down their collective throats. Mix in a handful of efficient throws....bingo, success.

Maybe you played football? Ever play in a game where you could not stop the run - at all? Demoralizing, frustrating, causes you to over pursue, commit penalties, take chances, etc.

If I were an owner I'd get Tebow and attempt to build the most devastating pro ground game of all time.
    Cam Newton is a consistent loser. Back to back losing seasons after a good start in the first couple of games. Cam is ranked 27th as a passer, and even against a terrible Carolina team Washington gave them their 2nd win of the season. Wanna know why? Because Carolina's defense has had more experience stopping the dual rush threat. Soon, more teams will figure it out.

RG3 has looked great but he also appears to be following a similar trajectory, and while his traditional stats have him looking pretty good, modern stats still have pocket passer Luck ahead of him.

Teams with dual rush QB's will have a hard time being better than teams with pro QB's and pro running backs running their offense.

The dual rush QB is basically a jack of all trades, but an expert of none. That's the inherent problem with dual rush QB's. You get the 1 man advantage but you lose the level of expertise you get out of 2 elite individuals mastering their respective roles and honing their skills.

Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for Tebow, but I don't agree the NFL will be dominated by dual rush QB's, especially run first quarterbacks. If it does, it will truly give an advantage to teams with elite pocket passers and elite running backs. They will clean up.

The other issue? Teams with dual rush QB's take all the credit and attention from the rest of the team and put it on the QB. In a pocket passer led team the QB's tend to make their receivers their stars, while there's also room for the running backs to be stars. That's more fun. More love to spread around. The dual rush QB's cheapens other roles, and makes other players less important, or at least it makes it APPEAR that way.

Ask Steve Smith how he liked running for 1360 yards last year, but only 7 TD's because Newton had 14 rushing TD's most of which were goal line situations. Same for the running backs. Ask him how he likes having 1 TD all year this year. Ask running backs like Deangelo and Stewart how they went from 2 of the best running backs in the league to being non existent. Why do you think Tebow was disliked in Denver? It was not his personality, it was because the offense focused on him and forgot about everyone else. Decker and Thomas were basically scapegoats. This year they are amazing players.

You think other players don't notice how a dual rush QB changes the landscape and what it means for them? Not the QB's fault, but it's the nature of running that offense. Eventually other guys will get tired of putting in all the grunt work without reaping any rewards. Fact of the matter is the dual rush QB is a threat to both NFL receivers and running backs and NFL players know this.

And those two reasons is primarily why I don't think it will happen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

+2 ....the only thing that does not support his idea is the fact that the Goodell Flag Football rules, have been skewed the game SO heavily toward the pass side ... that the running game really has no chance to compete.