Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Jets Teammates Rip Tim Tebow (here we go...)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    This article really will piss Woody off because the master plan was to whip out the Tim Tebow Show on Thursday so that we avoid the humiliation of 40,000 empty seats on Thanksgiving night.

Now it deflates that bit of PR.

SAR I
    You are 100% right. The sole reason for the Tebow acquistion was that once the Jets season headed south, as most of us with common sense accurately predicted, Woody could have his "braintrust" pop in Tebow as a last ditch effort to sell and fill seats.

Unfortunately its going to cost him some of the long term faithful. I've already turned down tickets to two home games this season because of this s**t show. Anyone with half a brain knew this wasnt going to work and here you have it. Suprised it only took half a season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    This is because Sparano COMPLETELY misused Tebow. He should have been signed as a HB, and been on the field 75 percent of the time. He could line up after breaking the huddle as a TE, but most of the time been a HB. He could have taken handoffs from Mark and ran, he could have been direct snapped to, he could roll out and be a threat to throw.

I mean, you have this guy who is a great athlete and a sub-par QB who guys you a 110 % on every play, yet he stands on the side-line most of the game and comes in to run a two yard play and disrupt rhythm.

If Sparano was as good as billed, he should have EASILY figured this out. I can't believe this has never been discussed here, or in the media how this player could have made this offense much better, but has done nothing but caused a PR nightmare.
    He's too slow to be a half back or TE, plus he's never played either position.

This whole "he's a good football player" stuff is just nonsense. The fact is doesn't have the throwing skills to be an NFL QB - end of discussion.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    That's our locker room. Rex lost it again.
    But let's not fire him after last year's debacle. Time to give Rex, Sparano, and the rest (yes, including Mike W.) the heave ho. And I mean now, not at the end of the year.

You want a spark? There's your spark.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw one anonymous negative comment towards Tebow. Bad job on the title.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look ... All this article has is a bunch of unnamed ***** sources. If Mark ****s the bed again and Tebow does not get the start ... We know the reason $$$$ ... See the other post regarding Tebow's Salary structure ... Which was far better than is ****ty rumor turd.

Unnamed sources should be fired immediately ... Such a ***** move ....

I just finished watching season 5 of 'the wire' .... I seriously think Manish is fabricating bs at tis point ... Like the guy in the show ... Btw ... The guy got the Pulitzer if I recall ....
    Last edited by Dunnie; 11-14-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am really surprised that a team that played against tebow last year and allowed him one first down the entire game and only lost that game due to turnovers and an inept offense wouldn't believe tebow was great. This has nothing to do with tebow, only with the fact tebow was forced on this team by a crappy owner. Tebow has some responsibility because he chose ny over Jacksonville.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's so bad I don't even think I need to go there.

In a twisted sort of way, the fact that all the players are 100% in agreement on Tebow and 100% in support of Sanchez makes me really think about how much they hate Tebow, a bit of a rallying cry.

In fact, if we cut Tim instead of Aaron yesterday, might have motivated the boys more than a Rex Ryan sleep clinic. Never know.

SAR I
    Yes, cutting Tebow would have been the proper football decision. But as we know, its Woody who wanted Tebow and no way do Tanny and Rex have the balls to cut him.
    On a positive note, its good to know that the locker room seems to back Sanchez 100%.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Yes, cutting Tebow would have been the proper football decision. But as we know, its Woody who wanted Tebow and no way do Tanny and Rex have the balls to cut him.
    On a positive note, its good to know that the locker room seems to back Sanchez 100%.
    ... I suggest you re-read the article ...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Not a story???????

You have players on the team publically saying "Tebow sucks".

It's a huge story.
    You are right. Just look at this quote below from a free agent to be
    “It’s not even close,” Slauson said. “All the other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Mark. We don’t really have a choice.”
    That sounds like a demoralized group having to choose between 2 evils. They know they can't win with either option.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Look ... All this article has is a bunch of unnamed ***** sources. If Mark ****s the bed again and Tebow does not get the start ... We know the reason $$$$ ... See the other post regarding Tebow's Salary structure ... Which was far better than is ****ty rumor turd.

Unnamed sources should be fired immediately ... Such a ***** move ....

I just finished watching season 5 of 'the wire' .... I seriously think Manish is fabricating bs at tis point ... Like the guy in the show ... Btw ... The guy got the Pulitzer if I recall ....
    RUSTLED AS HELL.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Wow, I love how Mehta makes it sound like it's Tebow's fault for executing the limited bullsh*t plays the coaches give him, like Tebow could take more than 7 snaps a game if he wanted to. He's not even telling us anything new - everybody already knows that Tebow doesn't play good in practice. He plays better in games - have no clue why - but he does.

Maybe the real reason Tebow was signed was to give the players and fans someone else to blame instead of Sanchez and the clown coaches. Fans and players can unite against Tebow and rally behind Sanchez.

It's sad how everyone talks about how mentally fragile Sanchez is, but nobody gives a crap about Tebow's mental toughness when he's hated on and criticized daily. I would've already broken down and quit.
    +1 -The Jets are 3-6 and its Tebow's fault? even though he plays 5 snaps a game on Offense. The defense is average at best, zero offensive talent at skill positions, retarded play-calling, miserable play from Sanchez and now even special teams is good for a TO a game. Time to blow it up and start over.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So now we have fellow teammates criticizing Tebow publicly? Very classy.
    You won't see that on many good teams.
    And who is criticizing? Guys like Slauson? He's a bum. The only players with a right to criticize would be players who are good. Mangold and Cromartie are the only decent players on the Jets. The are junk. Most could not start anywhere else. None of the LBs or WRs or RBs.
    The DL is eh. Frankly, with the garbage he has to work, with Pettine has done OK with the D. The offense is pathetic. Talent, OC, the works.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) If Manish wrote this, then there's a chance it's not true.

2) Anyone with two eyes and half a brain knew Tebow was crap and wrong for this team the second they traded (yes, TRADED ) for him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    ... I suggest you re-read the article ...
    Its called reading between te lines...players are frustrated with the fact that their owner brought in this distraction called Tebow.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me get this straight. The whole team is sucking so some cowards blame the BACK-UP quarterback?

WTF has Tebow done wrong?

Look in the mirror fellas...Tebow is not the problem.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why was I born a Jets fan? I can't stand this. Not only are they a bad team, they are undisciplined and poorly managed. The reporters get so much of these **** stories. Its like the players are 5 year olds who don't like each other.

It is just plain pathetic. It's going to be a long 10 years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Let me get this straight. The whole team is sucking so some cowards blame the BACK-UP quarterback?

Some unnamed sources would say they are blaming the 'Personal Punt Protector' ... So sad.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

Not the ONLY problem. The equipment manager has also done a terrible job. Deserves to be fired. Wah!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusPrime View Post
    Why was I born a Jets fan? I can't stand this. Not only are they a bad team, they are undisciplined and poorly managed. The reporters get so much of these **** stories. Its like the players are 5 year olds who don't like each other.

It is just plain pathetic. It's going to be a long 10 years.
    Somewhere in Baltimore, Ozzie Newsome is being high-fived by Stephen Bisciotti.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about those Knicks