Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Jets Teammates Rip Tim Tebow (here we go...)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post

2) Anyone with two eyes and half a brain knew Tebow was crap and wrong for this team the second they traded (yes, TRADED ) for him.
    Even if that is true (which it is), you are missing the point of the article.

It's about teammates publically stating that another teammate "sucks".

Woody may want to rethink keeping Tebow for the duration of his contract now. hahahaha!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This is funny because I remember tebow taking the ball about 80 yards late in the 4th quarter against our defense and they couldnt stop him. Jets lost the game.
    I remember Mark doing alot of late game heroics of his own. They both still suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I remember Mark doing alot of late game heroics of his own. They both still suck.
    I remember when dinosaurs roamed the earth ....

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Even if that is true (which it is), you are missing the point of the article.

It's about teammates publically stating that another teammate "sucks".
    As much as it's true that Tebow is useless to the Jets and obvious to anyone with a clue that Tebow was forced on Rex (I couldn't care what Peter King says) most fans are rightfully frustrated with the way stuff like this gets reported. Tebow sucks and his teammates don't believe he can help them win...how is this news? No one in the NFL thinks Tebow can help their team win. The problem I have is with the Daily News and the bullsht anonymous sources...long a staple of every Rich Cimini article back in the day it's now a running theme in every POS article Manish puts out.

All Pro
    same old jerks buying into everything a guy who should be covering cricket or crafting the daily sudoku writes

why were you "born" Jets fans?

heck if I know...I'm wondering the same thing..can you sojfs change allegiance already

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Some unnamed sources would say they are blaming the 'Personal Punt Protector' ... So sad.
    Everyone knew Tebow would look bad in practice ,but I do not get the Jets dumping on him. The wildcat plays the Jets have drawn up for him,there has not been much room to run . He has completed 5-6 passes and does have a 93% qb rating. Tebow has not been great but,he has not done much wrong either,minus missing a block on a punt.

The OP Article is a rather predictable pro-Sanchez/Anti-Tebow piece of "unnamed source" propaganda/speculation/rabble rousing. Like most media, it's primary goal is to elicit outrage and website hits, not accurate reporting. Since Sanchez play cannot be defended, the only option is to denounce the other QB's.

The rest of this season will be chock full of similar pieces of all stripes, full of "unnamed" sources, broad denouncements, zealous defenses of specific players/coaches performences, people thrown under busses, etc, etc, etc.

On this one, Sanchez play speaks for itself, the inaccuracy, the poor field vision, the poor reactions to pressure and the consistent turnover threat.

What one chooses to hear is up to them. Since the odds (and salary) say we're stuck with him as our #1 both in 2012 AND 2013, it really doesn;t matter what we, or Manish, or his "unnamed sources" think.

Banned
    Maybe I'm the only one but I kind of see this as the team sticking together, not falling apart. From every indication it seems as though they are all in agreement that Sanchez should be the starter. This isn't a situation where half the locker room is saying Sanchez should be the starter and the other half is saying Tebow should be the starter. That is the scenario the media said would happen, but it hasn't. I actually don't mind them sticking up for their starting QB/leader. That's what a team should do. But also the fact that somebody from within the organization/front office is ripping Tebow is not good. But it's also shows that Tebow was an owner decision, not a GM or Head Coach decision. You can kill Manish but he's just doing his job.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Way to stir up trouble, Manish. There was zero purpose in writing an article with an obvious premise other than to create locker room disharmony. It's like the Jets beat writers need a soap opera to report stories on.
    Yes, sports writers should only write positive articles about last place teams.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The OP Article is a rather predictable pro-Sanchez/Anti-Tebow piece of "unnamed source" propaganda/speculation/rabble rousing. Like most media, it's primary goal is to elicit outrage and website hits, not accurate reporting. Since Sanchez play cannot be defended, the only option is to denounce the other QB's.

The rest of this season will be chock full of similar pieces of all stripes, full of "unnamed" sources, broad denouncements, zealous defenses of specific players/coaches performences, people thrown under busses, etc, etc, etc.

On this one, Sanchez play speaks for itself, the inaccuracy, the poor field vision, the poor reactions to pressure and the consistent turnover threat.

What one chooses to hear is up to them. Since the odds (and salary) say we're stuck with him as our #1 both in 2012 AND 2013, it really doesn;t matter what we, or Manish, or his "unnamed sources" think.
    Quoting multiple players doesn't qualify as accurate reporting?

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one but I kind of see this as the team sticking together, not falling apart. From every indication it seems as though they are all in agreement that Sanchez should be the starter. This isn't a situation where half the locker room is saying Sanchez should be the starter and the other half is saying Tebow should be the starter. That is the scenario the media said would happen, but it hasn't. I actually don't mind them sticking up for their starting QB/leader. That's what a team should do. But also the fact that somebody from within the organization/front office is ripping Tebow is not good. But it's also shows that Tebow was an owner decision, not a GM or Head Coach decision. You can kill Manish but he's just doing his job.

Umm, yeah, because "We don't have another choice" is such a sterling endorsement and show of support for Sanchez.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The decision-makers don’t think that’s the right course of action. “It would take extreme poor play. . . . like a five-interception game,” said a prominent member of the organization. “Something where it was just ridiculous. It would take Mark to totally just sh-- the bed and become unglued (before there was a quarterback change).”

74 yards and one interception. No offensive points again. This is stellar QB play!!!

The basic difference between Sanchez and Tebow is CLUTCH PLAY. Sanchez isn't clutch, and you know he's going to hurt you at the worst possible time rather than help you. He's done this over and over again with his horrible picks in the redzone, some actually Pick-6's, and the monsterously bad fumbles at the absolute worst possible time to do so. Sanchez is basically a spirit-killer on the field... He brings no spirit with him. He doesn't lift the rest of the team at all.

This is where Tebow has it all over Sanchez. Tebow actually is clutch. He makes the plays when you need them. He picks the team up and carries it. When he makes a first, and then another first, regardless of how it makes it, he lifts the teams spirits and everybody on down to the waterboy wants to fight for the win. Sanchez doesn't do this, can't do this, and that's why he's on his way out of football pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Quoting multiple players doesn't qualify as accurate reporting?
    No it doesn't. Unnamed sources could be his armpits.
    Last edited by JaxSuzy; 11-14-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Veteran
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Mindset in Jets lockerroom is clear: Tebow is not a savior."He's terrible," a defensive starter told me. Story: http://tinyurl.com/b7322wk #nyj

Oh wow... and Plex isn't even in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Mindset in Jets lockerroom is clear: Tebow is not a savior."He's terrible," a defensive starter told me. Story: http://tinyurl.com/b7322wk #nyj

Oh wow... and Plex isn't even in the locker room.
    Someone should relay the fact to this "anonymous defensive starter" that they're all pretty much "terrible" and have won exactly 3 games in their last 12 performances. There is nobody on this team who should be calling anyone else "terrible", they've all been pretty damned terrible collectively.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Woody may want to rethink keeping Tebow for the duration of his contract now. hahahaha!!
    I would think this was an experiment from the start.

Hall Of Fame
    This article shouldnt really be a surprise to anyone. First, most NFL players think Tebow is a terrible QB, thats not really a story.

The disturbing part is that this whole scenario is playing out like many of us had thought it would. When an owner makes decisions based on getting attention and for public relation purposes, it rarely ends well. The coaches knew it was a PR move, the players knew it was a PR move and most of us fans knew it was a PR move. Now the Jets organization has to deal with PR it had wanted all along. I guess the lone positive is that the Jets locker room is not divided.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    It's not about Tim Tebow, it's about the fact that Rex Ryan, for the second consecutive season, has LOST HIS TEAM. It's time for the entire organization to clean house, because the Rex Ryan regime is crashing and burning before our very eyes. He's done. It won't be enough to just make a change at QB, changes at GM and HC must occur as well. Until that time we will continue to underachieve and lose football games and have bull**** like this spewed throughout the season. We don't have men on this football team, we have little children who are too afraid to put their name on anything, except for Matt Slauson, the guy losing his job to VLADIMIR DUCASSE.

Same Old Jets.
    I disagree, hear me out. Rex did not want Tebow, Woody did. There's a huge divide amongst the leadership of this team. This is the players defending Rex. I don't think Rex has lost the team, I think Woody has pitted HIMSELF against the team.