Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Jets Teammates Rip Tim Tebow (here we go...)

I will hand one thing to Rex, though. He somehow found two different ways to lose the locker room two years in a row. That's really not all that easy to accomplish!

He's gotta go.

Sanchez has to go.

Tebow should beg (pray?!?) to be sent somewhere else...anywhere else.

Tannenchez has to go.

Woody should sell the team and go run the Romney Transition team (shhh...nobody tell him that Mitt lost and maybe he'll just do it).

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Yeah, I think we're in for a lean stretch for sure. ****ing Jets.
    Um, exactly what kind of stretch is the current one?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    He's too slow to be a half back or TE, plus he's never played either position.

This whole "he's a good football player" stuff is just nonsense. The fact is doesn't have the throwing skills to be an NFL QB - end of discussion.
    Yet all he does is win....end of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Yet all he does is win....end of discussion.
    All Prater and the Denver D does is win while Tim gets all the credit - end of discussion

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I can't believe that some of you take whatever Manish Mehta writes as fact

The guy is full of sh1t
    25 cents a glass still?
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 11-14-2012 at 01:09 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Two years? Two years to clean up the cap mess Tanny, Rex and woody have this team in, and that's if they clean house. The longer Rex and Tanny are here, add 2-3 years to rebuild.
    Okay, how many times does this need to be explained? As of right now, we have 24 players under contract for 2014 with roughly $95 million invested. Now, you can take out the following contracts:
    Sanchez $13.1 million
    Holmes $10.7 million
    Scott $8 million
    Wilson $2.2 million
    Pouha $6.6 million
    Revis $6 million
    Cro $10.25 million
    Harris $7 million
    That is almost $64 million in salary that can be wiped clean, with $13 of it dead money if nobody is traded. We could be looking at a team in two years that will have $100 million dollars to spend on about 30 positions.

It is time to face facts: The Jets under Mangini were pretty darn good. I still think he was fired because he took Gholston (and I don't believe he was the one responsible, but....). The Jets took a shot and missed. They are now loaded with contracts that suck, but in two years, they are free and clear of this and can basically rebuild the team.

Also, let go of the pipe-dream that is Darrelle Revis. He is the best CB in the league...big deal. Find me a team in NFL history that won a SB because they had the best CB in the league that will demand roughly 12-15 percent of the teams cap?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    25 cents a glass still?
    No, Ray offers a new discount for long time customers.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCFan View Post
    I will hand one thing to Rex, though. He somehow found two different ways to lose the locker room two years in a row. That's really not all that easy to accomplish.
    Brilliant.

SAR I

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I can't believe that some of you take whatever Manish Mehta writes as fact

The guy is full of sh1t
    Yea, I'm sure he just made everything up.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Okay, how many times does this need to be explained? As of right now, we have 24 players under contract for 2014 with roughly $95 million invested. Now, you can take out the following contracts:
    Sanchez $13.1 million
    Holmes $10.7 million
    Scott $8 million
    Wilson $2.2 million
    Pouha $6.6 million
    Revis $6 million
    Cro $10.25 million
    Harris $7 million
    That is almost $64 million in salary that can be wiped clean, with $13 of it dead money if nobody is traded. We could be looking at a team in two years that will have $100 million dollars to spend on about 30 positions.

It is time to face facts: The Jets under Mangini were pretty darn good. I still think he was fired because he took Gholston (and I don't believe he was the one responsible, but....). The Jets took a shot and missed. They are now loaded with contracts that suck, but in two years, they are free and clear of this and can basically rebuild the team.

Also, let go of the pipe-dream that is Darrelle Revis. He is the best CB in the league...big deal. Find me a team in NFL history that won a SB because they had the best CB in the league that will demand roughly 12-15 percent of the teams cap?
    Not sure where you are getting your numbers, but Sanchez ALONE is 17 million in dead money.

And Holmes is 11.2 in dead money if cut.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yea, I'm sure he just made everything up.
    Right? Manish is a prick, yes, but he's not wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    All Prater and the Denver D does is win while Tim gets all the credit - end of discussion
    25 pass plays over 20 yards, 6 pass plays over 40 yards last year.

Tebow can't throw short, he is inaccurate, he can throw the deep ball, he has decent pocket prescence, he has escapability, he has running ability.

He is not a guy you want or view as a long term starter, he simply does not have that kind of ability but you have to look at what we have now.

Sanchez can throw short, he is inaccurate, he's only so so on the deep ball, he has dreadful pocket presence, he has no escapability, he has no running ability.

There would be no talk about Tebow or any other Qb on this team if our starter was even semi competent. He's pure awful, worst starter in the league. thus, as bad as tebow is at playing QB the way most Qb's play either he or McElroy's names have to be brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

Did I miss seeing Prater set an NFL record with a 95 yard FG to beat the Jets ?

Hmm, would have thought that would have made the news.

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    25 pass plays over 20 yards, 6 pass plays over 40 yards last year.

Tebow can't throw short, he is inaccurate, he can throw the deep ball, he has decent pocket prescence, he has escapability, he has running ability.

He is not a guy you want or view as a long term starter, he simply does not have that kind of ability but you have to look at what we have now.

Sanchez can throw short, he is inaccurate, he's only so so on the deep ball, he has dreadful pocket presence, he has no escapability, he has no running ability.

There would be no talk about Tebow or any other Qb on this team if our starter was even semi competent. He's pure awful, worst starter in the league. thus, as bad as tebow is at playing QB the way most Qb's play either he or McElroy's names have to be brought up.
    I'd be fine with McElroy. But, Tebow? The **** out of here with that trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This is funny because I remember tebow taking the ball about 80 yards late in the 4th quarter against our defense and they couldnt stop him. Jets lost the game.
    Oy, this nonsense again. Did you not watch the first 55 minutes of that game?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan says the Jets are "not going to be pulled apart by outside people." ... Everyone I spoke to was a member of NYJ organization. #nyj
    @MMehtaNYDN
    Rex talked to team about unnamed players talking in @NyDailyNews today: "I absolutely addressed it. Because I think it's a cowardly thing"
    MMehtaNYDN
    Rex on trading for Tebow: "I absolutely wanted Tim here." #nyj
    @MMehtaNYDN
    Rex on locker room finger pointing : "I'm not concerned." #nyj
    @MMehtaNYDN
    Rex on Tebow: "His hard work is paying off. I think he is improving fundamentally." #nyj
    @MMehtaNYDN
    Rex says he won't specifically comment on what unnamed players said in Daily News report today about Tebow. #nyj
    @MMehtaNYDN
    Rex on Tebow: "We never brought him on here to be the starting QB." #nyj
    @MMehtaNYDN
    Rex says Tebow was traded to Jets to be a "backup qb" and someone who is working to improve
    Blow. It. Up.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Blow. It. Up.
    Interesting that Menta didn't tweet about Rex mentioning that Slauson's comment was before the season started. I wonder how many of those "unnamed sources" comments were before the season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Oy, this nonsense again. Did you not watch the first 55 minutes of that game?
    Did you watch the last 5 minutes of the game ? The 5 minutes where Tebow ran and passed through the Jets defense and ended up beating an all out blitz for 20 yards and a TD ?

Sure, the defense kept Denver in the game, and the pick 6 was a hell of a lot of help. That said, Denver was still behind and would have lost had it not been for that drive.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Not sure where you are getting your numbers, but Sanchez ALONE is 17 million in dead money.

And Holmes is 11.2 in dead money if cut.
    Jason's cap site, and those numbers are NOT for next year, they are for 2014. The argument has been it could take YEARS to get out of cap hell, when in fact, in two years tops we will more than likely have close to $90-$100 million in space once the contracts mentioned are all gone.

Taking bets that ONE of the articles "unnamed sources" is McElroy.

I'd almost be willing to guarantee it.