Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Jets Teammates Rip Tim Tebow (here we go...)

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

This is the kind of sh*t that makes me yearn for the Mangini days.

Back when no one could speak to the media and competition was stressed at every position.
    +1

I thought Rex was a well needed change of pace, but I have to admit this is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Somewhere in Baltimore, Ozzie Newsome is being high-fived by Stephen Bisciotti.

SAR I
    Joined by John Elway, where the three of them burn through 70-year-old scotch and laugh about how they were all able to sidestep disaster at the expense of the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Joined by John Elway, where the three of them burn through 70-year-old scotch and laugh about how they were all able to sidestep disaster at the expense of the same team.
    Don't forget the Steelers. They dumped Holmes on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    We are so screwed .. This seriously might need 2 yrs to fix,.

Manish made this article I no longer believe it .
    Two years? Two years to clean up the cap mess Tanny, Rex and woody have this team in, and that's if they clean house. The longer Rex and Tanny are here, add 2-3 years to rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Don't forget the Steelers. They dumped Holmes on us.
    Tebow is a cancer... Just look at what his teammates have to say about him. Holmes? He's more like stepping in dog $hit

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Tebow is a cancer... Just look at what his teammates have to say about him. Holmes? He's more like stepping in dog $hit
    That so? And what would our record be without Tebow, 6-3?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Two years? Two years to clean up the cap mess Tanny, Rex and woody have this team in, and that's if they clean house. The longer Rex and Tanny are here, add 2-3 years to rebuild.
    Yeah, I think we're in for a lean stretch for sure. ****ing Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Oh yeah those wildcat plays for 2 yards and espn cameras have been a real help to this team

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. In today's NFL, you can turn a team around in 1-2 years easily, especially considering our salary cap situation by 2014, which is GREAT.
    Not this team and its owner. Do the math.

Rex and Tanny are here for one more season. +1 year
    Woody will fire one of these two, not both. +1 year
    Either new Hc or Gm give Tanny or Rex another
    season or two +2 years
    =4 years

Not even factoring in Cap and poor draft issues. As fans we are screwed.

No, the whole team is a cancer. I still can't figure out what Tebow has done to be viewed as a cancer? He's a poor Qb that has not played at QB even though our starter is the worst starting Qb in the league.

The Jets have a a list of worse than jag QB's before with guys like Brunnell and no comments there. Tebow hasn't stirred the pot at all. One can only surmise that people hate the guy because of his overly open religious actions.

The fact that some of these team mates are happier to have a guy as terrible as Sanchez at the helm rather than any kind of change says more about them than Tebow. Tebow is a non factor, he does not play Qb and gets into the game rarely. In addition him coming in has ZERO effect on our starter despite these stupid ' he is in a rhythm' comments.

This is typical for the Jets and their fans though. Let's focus on the problem that is #38 out of the top 40 problems on this team.

Oh yeah those wildcat plays for 2 yards and espn cameras have been a real help to this team
    Actually, I seem to recall Tebow getting first downs and extending drives. On most teams, that would be beneficial as it might just lead to scores.

Oh, wait, we have Sanchez. Extending drives for him just gives him yet another chance to throw an INT or fumble the ball away.

Jets Insider VIP
    Blame Sparano for being a totally inept jackass for not knowing how to use him.

Everytime Tebow's number is called it's always some straight up the middle run out of the wildcat.

Why the hell hasn't he lined up at FB, at TE or even at RB? The kid is known as a tremendous athlete who eats and breathes football. And it's not like we have any worthwhile depth at those positions.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    You can't just make up a number and claim its true.

This really isn't that bad. These guys read nothing but headlines of how Mark sucks and they should switch to Tebow and answer nothing but Tebow questions all week.

If this story was going the other way with players calling for a change, I'd say that's bad. But at the end of the day it really shows how close these guys are.

And don't forget, these guys watch Tebow every day. They can see he is not an option.

This whole trade has been proven to be nothing more then a spoiled rich owner wanting to get his teams name in the headlines. But at the end of the day, is it worth your name being there if you are the laughing stock of the professional sports world?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Somewhere in Baltimore, Ozzie Newsome is being high-fived by Stephen Bisciotti.

SAR I
    THIS!

Baltimore went to a DB coach instead of REX.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    This really isn't that bad. These guys read nothing but headlines of how Mark sucks and they should switch to Tebow and answer nothing but Tebow questions all week.

If this story was going the other way with players calling for a change, I'd say that's bad. But at the end of the day it really shows how close these guys are.

And don't forget, these guys watch Tebow every day. They can see he is not an option.

This whole trade has been proven to be nothing more then a spoiled rich owner wanting to get his teams name in the headlines. But at the end of the day, is it worth your name being there if you are the laughing stock of the professional sports world?
    To the living defination of "Silver Spoon", headlines are the main thing...

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Oh hellz yes.

MArk will read this and really get pumped up for the Rams game.
    Until he throws his first INT of the day.

Viva La Sanchez.....On to the Millennium!!

If there was one move in the summer I would like to have back, its letting go of Stanton and bringing in Tebow. What a disaster... I say scrap the wildcat for the rest of the season, and let Mark play himself into his doom or an extra year. Then get rid of Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

This is the kind of sh*t that makes me yearn for the Mangini days.

Back when no one could speak to the media and competition was stressed at every position.
    Excellent point! I was thinking something similar. How can we not find a guy somewhere in the middle? We don't want an uptight authoritarian who locks up the facility like Fort Knox. At the same time, Rex's guys talk more than politicians running for re-election, which I thought was impossible.

I think Mangini may soften his ways at some point and come back into the league to be successful. Look at Tom Coughlin, perennial tough guy and hardass who had some success around the league but never really won until he softened up and met with his players. He had a turning point and started to relax, then the Giants took off to success.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I can't believe that some of you take whatever Manish Mehta writes as fact

The guy is full of sh1t