Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Jets Teammates Rip Tim Tebow (here we go...)

Veteran
    @MMehtaNYDN
    Rex on locker room finger pointing : "I'm not concerned." #nyj
    Remember last year, Rex?

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Taking bets that ONE of the articles "unnamed sources" is McElroy.

I'd almost be willing to guarantee it.
    It would fit, but Mehta would have went for "player" instead of "source," right? All of the unnamed players were described as starters. The sources were probably minor front office guys or minor coaches.

Veteran
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan says the Jets are "not going to be pulled apart by outside people." ... Everyone I spoke to was a member of NYJ organization. #nyj
    /conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    The best part of tebow getting cut will be the exodus of the teblowers. I can't wait for that day. Fvck tebow
    Not every person that wants to see Tebow is a fanatic ... some of us just think that Mark is such a sad excuse for a QB that Tebow could not be worse ... and he may bring fire and heart back the team.

Unnamed Sources Within the Jets Organization Confirm, Mehta Source is McElroy

A number of unnamed sources within the Jets organization have PM'd my cousin Vinny here at J.I. to let us know that only one person spoke with Mehta recently, and that was "Media Mouth" McElroy.

Someone within the organization familiar with the situation (but who cannot be named because he is not authorized to speak for the Jets Organization) confirmed that Mehta met with McElroy at a local Starbucks for a Frappachino Diablo after the Jets recent loss to Seattle.

A high-ranking official within the Jets Organization who wished to remain anonymous has confirmed that McElroy is the leading locker room antagonist against Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez and has been attempting to sway player support toward him being named the Jets #1 QB by seasons end.

A member of the Jets Offensive Staff also mentioned that McElroy has been seen with a syringe near mark Sanchez's water bottle, promoting belief within the organization that McElroy has been doping Sanchez with depressants, thus casuing Sanchez's mopey sadface during games, late arriving passes all around and poor depressed looking play this season.

We'll be sure to follow up this breaking, totally true (i.e. fake), totally not-made-up-(i.e. totally made up) anonymous sourced (i.e. no source at all, pulled right out of my ass) report as soon as new information becomes available.
    TLDR: I bet a major source was McElroy.

Again.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-14-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Not every person that wants to see Tebow is a fanatic ... some of us just think that Mark is such a sad excuse for a QB that Tebow could not be worse ... and he may bring fire and heart back the team.
    Funny thing is that the only ones here coming close to being Tebow "fanatics" happen to be some long time Jets fans who have been registered here for years

Well clearly the players, coaches and front office disagree. But I guess woody Johnson might support you there

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Funny thing is that the only ones here coming close to being Tebow "fanatics" happen to be some long time Jets fans who have been registered here for years
    It takes one to know one I see

The players are throwing him under the bus and the NFL players say he is most over rated. yet bulletin board fans who want him should be addressed?

90 percent of tebow fans have some tie to UF. That simple.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    The players are throwing him under the bus and the NFL players say he is most over rated. yet bulletin board fans who want him should be addressed?

90 percent of tebow fans have some tie to UF. That simple.
    I never liked Tebow in college. Care less about UF.

Im just a lame Christian who thinks Tim is a pretty good guy for my kid to look up to. Ive also been a Jets fan since mid season 1985. I root for usually all of them.

In addition, I guess i pull for the underdog. I dont think he would succeed on this team to be truthful. The argument that he shouldnt even get a chance, along with McElroy, at this point is asinine.

I do understand it though. Its completely a $$$ thing.

Really makes me question my fanhood of this team. Ive never been so close.

Tebow needs to come into the huddle, change the bullcrap play, and get it going. And when Sanchez tries to reenter the game, tell him to get the fu** off the field.

i think a lot of jet players are tired of watching sanchez take the entire blame for the offense's dismal performance. it's obvious that while sanchez isn't the answer here, there are so many other issues with the offense, and the team in general, one of which is external sentiment for wanting tebow to start. so in a way, if players are bashing tebow, which i don't condone, it's really sanchez's teammates defending him, even if that' not the best way to do it.

the bigger issue is that rex has lost the lockerroom again, on the offense, again. his personality isn't head coaching material. it's not that he can't win. it's that deep down, he doesn't want to oversee the entire operations. he wants to handle defense and delegate everything else hope it gets done.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ummmmm this was UNFORSEEN!!!!!

It is a joke!!!!!

Over 85% of the regular posters on this board said that this was precisely what would happen if we acquired Tebow when it went down ans Sanchez struggled, so I don't want to hear any of this nonsense that Rex and the Jets FO had no other choice!!!!

And it is outrageous for members of the Jets FO to leak statements like these:

“Look at some of the players he’s throwing to,” a Jets official said. “It’s garbage.”Said another Jets source: “I’ve seen better receiving corps in college than we have on our team.”

It is a disgrace!!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 11-14-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

Im just a lame Christian who thinks Tim is a pretty good guy for my kid to look up to. Ive also been a Jets fan since mid season 1985. I root for usually all of them.

In addition, I guess i pull for the underdog. I dont think he would succeed on this team to be truthful. The argument that he shouldnt even get a chance, along with McElroy, at this point is asinine.

Your children can look up to Tim while he's riding the pine.

This is all good news from my POV.

In order to have a functional rebuild both Woody and Tannenbaum have to recognize that their whorish need for attention grabbing headlines is a problem.

Like any personality disorder most people don't recognize the problem until they have hit rock bottom. Now that they have hit bottom hopefully both Woddy and Tanny seek the help they obviously need. Rehab or a good 12 step program that will make our ownership and football operations functional. Once that happens we can have a functional rebuilding of the team.

We needed this to happen. We need to have our team seen as the one it actually has become rather than the team we think we have. No point in cleaning house if the dirt doesn't bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

Just my personal opinion but I think your kid(s) could equally look up to someone like Kurt Warner. He's a Christian and by all accounts, a very good guy. Not every Christian has to be a starter and not every Christian needs to be that overt with their beliefs. There's nothing wrong with it but you can find an equally sincere role model in a guy like Kurt as well. I'm sure there are many others too. I'm just not sure why Tim needs to succeed when there have been so many others who have already succeeded and would make excellent role models.

Curtis Martin was also a devout Christian.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Yeah, big surprise here. No one who understands football thinks Tebow is any good. Elway couldn't get rid of him soon enough and no one wanted to trade for him...except our stupid Jets. Woody, Tannenbaum and Rex have to live with the consequences now

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The fact that members of the Jets organization - non-players - are complicit in this article says all you need to know about what a complete joke the New York Jets have become. They are using the media to support their decisions. And not only that, openly criticize THEIR OWN players without puting their names on it.

This is absolutely shameless. The house cleaning - GM and coach - needs to start today.
    Hmmm now can we say that Herm Edwards and Mangini were better organizational HCs then Rex and company!!!!

This nonsense wouldn't have been tolerated for ten minutes by either of our previous HCs!!!!

Good Grief!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to draw the conclusion that this article was planted by the Jets PR staff to defend "the Sanchize".

The whole world is wondering 'why the hell is #6 not getting benched'. Well, there is your answer. Why say it in a news conference when you can be anonymous and have Manish run with it?

Shameful.
    If this is the thinking it is insanity!!!!! You had better hope to the Almighty you are wrong!!!

I can't believe that it is getting worse