Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Jets Teammates Rip Tim Tebow (here we go...)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    If this is the thinking it is insanity!!!!! You had better hope to the Almighty you are wrong!!!
    Given how complicit several non-player, non-coaches are in the article, I don't know how you can call it insanity.

maybe the team (spell that oline) had better protect sanchez on the field as well as they just did in the article. i'm not saying that sanchez will ever be good enough but at least let's see him without a collapsing oline or with backs who can pick up blitzes or with a decent receiver (besides kerley) or with a back who runs hard every play and then we can say one way or another. the jet's offense just doesn't execute very well and sanchez is the biggest reason. just not the only.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Interesting that Menta didn't tweet about Rex mentioning that Slauson's comment was before the season started. I wonder how many of those "unnamed sources" comments were before the season as well.
    Yeah, everyone is ignoring that. It's why Mehta is trash. He clearly positioned that article as if the quotes were all given yesterday.

Total piece of $hit!

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If it were said about Sanchez, you'd applaud it. You only care about what's best for Tim.
    You have no clue about what I care about. Reserve your comments to what you know and quit telling people what you think they think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    You have no clue about what I care about. Reserve your comments to what you know and quit telling people what you think they think.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    The head of LIPA just quit. Mike Tannenbaum is officially the most incompetent and despised CEO in New York TRI STATE AREA and Pennsylvania now.
    +1, and he's hated in San Francisco.

Welll....he will be!

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This is funny because I remember tebow taking the ball about 80 yards late in the 4th quarter against our defense and they couldnt stop him. Jets lost the game.
    Really? When are we playing the Jets, Joe?

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Excellent point! I was thinking something similar. How can we not find a guy somewhere in the middle? We don't want an uptight authoritarian who locks up the facility like Fort Knox. At the same time, Rex's guys talk more than politicians running for re-election, which I thought was impossible.

I think Mangini may soften his ways at some point and come back into the league to be successful. Look at Tom Coughlin, perennial tough guy and hardass who had some success around the league but never really won until he softened up and met with his players. He had a turning point and started to relax, then the Giants took off to success.
    Mangini seems to have been black listed from the league for being the spygate whistle blower, but I agree, he at least probably had some potential to learn from his mistakes and develop into a top coach in the league, but he will probably be relegated to ESPN for the rest of his career...

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Taking bets that ONE of the articles "unnamed sources" is McElroy.

I'd almost be willing to guarantee it.
    How about Sanchez?

Veteran
    Very few on this team should have the nerve to call anyone else "terrible."

This team is a complete **** stain with a few exceptions. This applies to our owner, who brought Tebow here and quite frankly, I feel sorry for him (Tebow). He could at least be starting in Jacksonville but instead he is a circus attraction for an inept franchise.

Only the jets locker room can hate a guy that is probably the nicest guy in the league. We are truly in trouble. We need a new coach to come in and clean hiuse. Watched the jets for 35 years and this could be the most depresing time right no

Didn't tebow take a 1-5 team to the playoffs las year. He hasn't had a chance this year pretty much at all but some how it's his fault. Geez

This is the lowest this franchise has been since 1996 (this includes the Groh fiasco after 2000, Herm in 2005 and Mangini in 2008). No one cares about '09 and '10 seasons anymore. Tanny ruined this team by not getting any talent and Rex has ruined it with his inability to control what happens in the locker room. It's time for a new regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Interesting that Menta didn't tweet about Rex mentioning that Slauson's comment was before the season started. I wonder how many of those "unnamed sources" comments were before the season as well.
    Wait! Are you serious? That comment from Matt was from BEFORE the season started?

Damn....And I was so ready to slam everyone for "slamming" Manish's article, too.

BTW, I imagine that Matt is not too happy right now to have his name in such a article at this point....

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Umm, yeah, because "We don't have another choice" is such a sterling endorsement and show of support for Sanchez.
    It could mean that....

...you could also look at it as :

"Sanchez Sucks but Tebow sucks just as much, if not more....and we all know that Coach won't put in the other REAL QB(McElroy) so we're fuked."

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    This is the lowest this franchise has been since 1996 (this includes the Groh fiasco after 2000, Herm in 2005 and Mangini in 2008). No one cares about '09 and '10 seasons anymore. Tanny ruined this team by not getting any talent and Rex has ruined it with his inability to control what happens in the locker room. It's time for a new regime.
    Nail, meet hammer

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Somewhere in Baltimore, Ozzie Newsome is being high-fived by Stephen Bisciotti.

SAR I
    Disagree; Rex is showing that he is not his father; that he can grow into a better leader. Rex understands that it's leadership by example; that he is no longer the "Mad Wizard" of the Defense.

Tanny has made many puzzling moves; let's see Rex work with Bill Polian. I guarantee you the focus will be off the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Disagree; Rex is showing that he is not his father; that he can grow into a better leader. Rex understands that it's leadership by example; that he is no longer the "Mad Wizard" of the Defense.

Tanny has made many puzzling moves; let's see Rex work with Bill Polian. I guarantee you the focus will be off the charts.
    Are you still high from the 80s???? Lol What has REX done to show he has grown??? We are 3 and 9, haven't beaten a winning team in 2 years and no signs of it . His presser was a joke.

seriously...how has he grown?

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Did you watch the last 5 minutes of the game ? The 5 minutes where Tebow ran and passed through the Jets defense and ended up beating an all out blitz for 20 yards and a TD ?

Sure, the defense kept Denver in the game, and the pick 6 was a hell of a lot of help. That said, Denver was still behind and would have lost had it not been for that drive.
    Shhhhhhh, Demos. Don't you know that only SANCHEZ can be called "clutch" for winning games at the last minute? Anybody else who does that is just a crappy QB who sucked for 55 minutes while his Pro Bowl teammates won the game for him in the last 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Are you still high from the 80s???? Lol What has REX done to show he has grown??? We are 3 and 9, haven't beaten a winning team in 2 years and no signs of it . Hisresser was a joke.

ermagerd LOLOLOL

Glad the head coach has the pulse of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Are you still high from the 80s???? Lol What has REX done to show he has grown??? We are 3 and 9, haven't beaten a winning team in 2 years and no signs of it . His presser was a joke.

C'mon, southpark! Your Math can't be THAT bad!

We're 3-6.....but I guess we might as well be 3-9 at this point, right?