Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Jets Teammates Rip Tim Tebow (here we go...)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I never liked Tebow in college. Care less about UF.

Im just a lame Christian who thinks Tim is a pretty good guy for my kid to look up to. Ive also been a Jets fan since mid season 1985. I root for usually all of them.

In addition, I guess i pull for the underdog. I dont think he would succeed on this team to be truthful. The argument that he shouldnt even get a chance, along with McElroy, at this point is asinine.

I do understand it though. Its completely a $$$ thing.

Really makes me question my fanhood of this team. Ive never been so close.
    I root for the under dog too...thats why I am a JETS fan. But Tebow is no help here.

believe it...

All League
    they said this when he got here, why is this news?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Yeah, big surprise here. No one who understands football thinks Tebow is any good. Elway couldn't get rid of him soon enough and no one wanted to trade for him...except our stupid Jets. Woody, Tannenbaum and Rex have to live with the consequences now
    lol What consequences? The guy is not playing, has played a whopping 10% of the snaps. He plays more as an up back on punt coverage than on offense.

The most ridiculous part of the whole thing is that Tebow is a story at all on this team. It's a great deflection for the team itself and the fans to forget that:

We have the worst staring Qb in the league.
    We may have the worst set of olbs in the league.
    We have very below avg running backs.
    We have lousy receivers.
    We have an out to lunch head in the sand coach.
    We have a gm that has hamstrung the team by over paying lousy players and malcontents.
    We have an under achieving oline.
    We suddenly have terrible special teams.

Yup, lets all talk about the back up Qb who is playing hardly at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    lol What consequences?
    Of course there's consequences--the consequence of not having a viable backup QB to replace a starting QB who deserves to be benched.

lol What consequences? The guy is not playing, has played a whopping 10% of the snaps. He plays more as an up back on punt coverage than on offense.

The most ridiculous part of the whole thing is that Tebow is a story at all on this team. It's a great deflection for the team itself and the fans to forget that:

We have the worst staring Qb in the league.
    We may have the worst set of olbs in the league.
    We have very below avg running backs.
    We have lousy receivers.
    We have an out to lunch head in the sand coach.
    We have a gm that has hamstrung the team by over paying lousy players and malcontents.
    We have an under achieving oline.
    We suddenly have terrible special teams.

Yup, lets all talk about the back up Qb who is playing hardly at all.
    He's not. Only a snake bit, mush franchise like the Jets could kill Tebowmania. You can't make this stuff up. LOL, F**k you, Woody.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Of course there's consequences--the consequence of not having a viable backup QB to replace a starting QB who deserves to be benched.
    If Drew Stanton had remained the back up on this team these idiots would still be trotting out Sanchez week after week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    He's not. Only a snake bit, mush franchise like the Jets could kill Tebowmania. You can't make this stuff up. LOL, F**k you, Woody.
    Ugg..... I have friends that have no real interest in sports. Mostly guys I met through music. How the fukk am I so into this?

Id be better off without the JETS

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Ugg..... I have friends that have no real interest in sports. Mostly guys I met through music. How the fukk am I so into this?

Id be better off without the JETS
    Old fans like us are like annoying, broken records to the young folk, southpark. (Give them a few decades of this garbage and they'll fall in line. We all did.) But the reality is that we've seen these epic meltdowns with virtually all the coaching choices the franchise has made over the years. To me, it seems that the one constant is that we've had horrendous ownership and GMs making the hiring decisions.

This makes me ashamed for the Jets. Such low class to bash a teamate and also hide behind annoymous. I have never seen another NFL team in 50 years bash another teamate like this. Phuck 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

This is the kind of sh*t that makes me yearn for the Mangini days.

Back when no one could speak to the media and competition was stressed at every position.
    Best post in the thread.

I remember the jets defensive starters talking a lot of **** last year too. Then this happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMJ3JeyULkI&sns=em

Love the fan cameras when the stadium explodes during a td. Anyway I'm tired of the jets mouths for better or worse.

Jets Insider VIP

Jets Insider VIP
    If Drew Stanton had remained the back up on this team these idiots would still be trotting out Sanchez week after week.
    ORLY? Then why did Tannenbaum tell Stanton that he'd get a chance to start if Sanchez struggled? This was reported a few weeks back.

Tannenbaum did not say the same to Tebow.

ORLY? Then why did Tannenbaum tell Stanton that he'd get a chance to start if Sanchez struggled? This was reported a few weeks back.

Tannenbaum did not say the same to Tebow.
    HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH Tannenbaum said he would get a chance if Sanchez struggled. And you believe that tripe? They told Tebow he would be the backup QB. Tanny says whatever he has to to get what he wants, never means it or has any credibility in saying it since the coach decides who plays.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Just my personal opinion but I think your kid(s) could equally look up to someone like Kurt Warner. He's a Christian and by all accounts, a very good guy. Not every Christian has to be a starter and not every Christian needs to be that overt with their beliefs. There's nothing wrong with it but you can find an equally sincere role model in a guy like Kurt as well. I'm sure there are many others too. I'm just not sure why Tim needs to succeed when there have been so many others who have already succeeded and would make excellent role models.

Curtis Martin was also a devout Christian.
    Its really not even the Christian part.....believe it or not, he could be Muslim, Hindu, and as long as he portrays a positive image (which i think he does) im gonna pull for him. That said, no i dont think he is a great QB. Better than Mark Sanchez? Different Skillset, and HELL YES.

Also, i have always been a big Warner guy....Curtis Martin too!

Anyways, as a fan, and a person, thats why i like Tim Tebow.

What is the reason why so many people hate him, especially Jets fans? Thats the real question im curious about. Do people really believe he made Mark suck so very badly?

Jets Insider VIP
    HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH Tannenbaum said he would get a chance if Sanchez struggled. And you believe that tripe? They told Tebow he would be the backup QB. Tanny says whatever he has to to get what he wants, never means it or has any credibility in saying it since the coach decides who plays.
    OK, Beer. That's how you see it.

But know that Stanton was making half of what Tebow is getting now and the Jets wouldn't have had to worry about the $7 million escelator like they do with Tebow.

Have to agree.

Backup Quarterback = Get to be Quarterback if the #1 sucks.

I don't see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Its really not even the Christian part.....believe it or not, he could be Muslim, Hindu, and as long as he portrays a positive image (which i think he does) im gonna pull for him. That said, no i dont think he is a great QB. Better than Mark Sanchez? Different Skillset, and HELL YES.

Also, i have always been a big Warner guy....Curtis Martin too!

Anyways, as a fan, and a person, thats why i like Tim Tebow.

What is the reason why so many people hate him, especially Jets fans? Thats the real question im curious about. Do people really believe he made Mark suck so very badly?
    I never really believed in the power of prayer but it's possible that Tim praying for Mark to suck may make me reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    This makes me ashamed for the Jets. Such low class to bash a teamate and also hide behind annoymous. I have never seen another NFL team in 50 years bash another teamate like this. Phuck 'em.
    If it were said about Sanchez, you'd applaud it. You only care about what's best for Tim.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I never really believed in the power of prayer but it's possible that Tim praying for Mark to suck may make me reconsider.
    Tim doesnt appear to be a hater.

Can only imagine he has been supportive of Mark, but you can imagine he can offer only so many "youll get them next time Mark" , or "yeah, i woulda missed that CB in the end zone too, he was camouflaged"....or "dont worry Mark, i told rex my ankle is sore today....you got this one , man"

Even Mark is only so stupid.