Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: NY Jets Teammates Rip Tim Tebow (here we go...)

Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Have the Ravens even made it to the SB, since they passed over Rex? Had Bisciotti hired Rex with the Talent Ozzie put together with the Ravens they win at least one SB over the last four years. We have an owner who goes out and gets a player to sell tickets, and doesn't care about the effect it has on the team. He was the only NFL owner to go visit Plax the Felon in jail, just so he could sign him to make the Giants look bad, and in the process gets rid of Braylon(our best WR in 09&10) who he could have had for the same money. At this point Tanny is nothing more then a cap guy, another Steve Gutman who has no idea how to evaluate talent.

Rex and Sanchez have proved to me they can get the job done with the right Talent. "The Best owner in NY sports" is the problem here.
    The "job" is to win a Super Bowl. Rex and Sanchez haven't proven the ability to do that job at all.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The "job" is to win a Super Bowl. Rex and Sanchez haven't proven the ability to do that job at all.
    As a rookie Sanchez had the Jets 30 minutes from going to the SB without Punktone in 09. Takes us back to the AFCCG in 2010. After the Steeler loss, Rex came out and said he wanted all the same players back in 2011, It was Woody's job as owner to make it happen. Major fail by the owner and Tanny.jmo
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 11-15-2012 at 01:58 AM.

As a rookie Sanchez had the Jets 30 minutes from going to the SB without Punktone in 09. Takes us back to the AFCCG in 2010. After the Steeler loss, Rex came out and said he wanted all the same players back in 2011, It was Woody's job as owner to make it happen. Major fail by the owner and Tanny.jmo
    You said they have "proven" they can get the job done. They didn't. They haven't "proven" it.

PS. "30 minutes from going to the Super Bowl" is still 90 minutes from winning it.

All? Each and every one? Link? God I hope he didn't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You said they have "proven" they can get the job done. They didn't. They haven't "proven" it.

PS. "30 minutes from going to the Super Bowl" is still 90 minutes from winning it.

Ouch. That has to hurt

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Mark dates this...

Tim fantasizes about this...

How old are you ??? 5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I remember when dinosaurs roamed the earth ....
    You do? That must have been scary.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    All Prater and the Denver D does is win while Tim gets all the credit - end of discussion

Denver's defense wasn't very good last year. Certainly not nearly as good as the defense that Sanchez had to work with in the two playoff runs that you guys went on. I'll be curious to see what happens if the Jets do dump Tebow. He could end up in Foxborough.

I guess the ice cream socials are not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    You have no clue about what I care about. Reserve your comments to what you know and quit telling people what you think they think.
    That seems to be a common problem on message boards.

All League

Question

Who would Rex start if Sanchez went down with a season ending injury, TT or McElroy?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Let me get this straight. The whole team is sucking so some cowards blame the BACK-UP quarterback?

WTF has Tebow done wrong?

Look in the mirror fellas...Tebow is not the problem.
    Methinks they're answering the underlying question: Why isn't he starting?

Because he blows more than Sanchez.

So glad I'm not a Jets fan.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Some people are actually afraid that the jets might do better with Tebow in there. That can be the only explanation I can see.
    Rex Ryan would rather lose with Sanchez than risk winning with Tebow. I believe that to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Rex Ryan would rather lose with Sanchez than risk winning with Tebow. I believe that to be true.
    +10000000000000000000000000

I'm still amazed that Sanchez is Rex's boy and not Tebow. Tebow singlehandedly destroyed his beloved defense last year.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    But if Tebow's not a QB, and the Jets lost to Tebow, does that mean the Jets defense is NOT an NFL defense? And if the Jets offense doesn't score points, does that mean the Jets offense is NOT an NFL offense? And if both of those are being coached by Rex, does that mean Rex is NOT an NFL coach?

If that's the case, the question becomes, why NOT start Tebow?
    On that last drive, Rex sent the house and left the cornerbacks to stop Tebow.

Since that time, the Patriots showed that there are plenty of ways to stop Tim Tebow from having a free run at one defender. (They also run up the score)

Once I was 30 minutes from winning the lottery ... but I forgot to buy a ticket.

Not far fetched. Remember fat Parcells took the ball out of Neil O'Donnell's hand and had a HB option pass on the goal line which cost them the playoffs.
    Dislike and favoritism is common among bozos.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Methinks they're answering the underlying question: Why isn't he starting?

Because he blows more than Sanchez.

So glad I'm not a Jets fan.
    Hit the nail on the head

I just think Rex is stubborn. He feels like if he puts in Tebow, he'll have caved to media pressure, which is true to some extent. Nothing Tebow has shown at practice, in preseason, or during the season has warranted more playing time. He's an ineffective runner and inaccurate passer. He does nothing well outside of punt block as far as I can tell. It'd be different if he was lighting things up and we still kept Sanchez in.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I just think Rex is stubborn. He feels like if he puts in Tebow, he'll have caved to media pressure, which is true to some extent. Nothing Tebow has shown at practice, in preseason, or during the season has warranted more playing time. He's an ineffective runner and inaccurate passer. He does nothing well outside of punt block as far as I can tell. It'd be different if he was lighting things up and we still kept Sanchez in.
    No, the problem is if you go with Tebow as the starter you have to rewrite the entire offense. You think they can just go with the 15 WC plays they have? Even better, you think Tebow can run Sanchez's offense? A switch to Tebow means everybody on offense has to relearn a new playbook. If our bye was later or the decision to do this was prior to the bye we just had then I agree. However it wasn't, so here we are. Broncos didn't do it until they had their bye, and they changed their entire playbook during that time. Tebow can't read a defense he can't go to a second option in a passing play unless the play is broken up. His entire offensive skillset is predicated on running the ball and then "oh hey look, they stopped covering receiver X to come up and make the tackle on me". If a defense is disciplined and stays where they are supposed to Tebow is rendered 100% useless. He's not fast or strong enough to beat an NFL defense.

I'll say this-If Drew Stanton was our backup we probably wouldn't be having this discussion as he would probably have come in by halftime of last week.