Thread: Stephen A. Smith Breaks Down Our QB Situation

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Stephen A. Smith Breaks Down Our QB Situation

Starting about half way in. Priceless.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...chez-tim-tebow

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stephen A. Smith should stick to the NBA.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Stephen A should be unemployed. Ginormous windbag.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I don't like Stephen A but I was with him all the way here until he started talking about MS not having the support he needs around him. MS has zero football IQ. He can't read the defense. He can't aubable vs the blitz. He can't protect himself. He can't remember to protect the ball. He gets picked in the red zone all the time. He is inaccurate. He looks defeated.

He may be ok somewhere else at some point with a fresh start but he's failed as a Jet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    I don't like Stephen A but I was with him all the way here until he started talking about MS not having the support he needs around him. MS has zero football IQ. He can't read the defense. He can't aubable vs the blitz. He can't protect himself. He can't remember to protect the ball. He gets picked in the red zone all the time. He is inaccurate. He looks defeated.

He may be ok somewhere else at some point with a fresh start but he's failed as a Jet.
    ... At least Incan dominate with Sanchez in Madden ... Lol.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually can't stand him too but thought he was on with this one. i think Mark's ball security is his #1 issue.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one thing that he misses the point on is when he gives Rex a potential free pass when he says maybe it's all the GM's fault. Don't forget, Rex was very happy with the talent at the start of the season. He obviously bought into and approved of the moves.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    The one thing that he misses the point on is when he gives Rex a potential free pass when he says maybe it's all the GM's fault. Don't forget, Rex was very happy with the talent at the start of the season. He obviously bought into and approved of the moves.
    In all fairness, what else could he do ? Come out and say "Well, my boss, Mike Tannenbaum, has saddled me with a bunch of hot garbage, but I'm going to do my best to try and squeeze some wins out of them?"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bayless says a Tebow led Jets team would be 6-3 if he started from the start of the season.

SAS "and I think you spike your diet Mountain Dew."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    How many employees publically criticize their boss' work?

If he said his team wasn't good enough, his team would turn on him.

There is no way Rex was going to tell the papers that the team wasn't good enough.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    holla at your booooooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys !

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    Bayless says a Tebow led Jets team would be 6-3 if he started from the start of the season.

SAS "and I think you spike your diet Mountain Dew."
    He may be right Mark has been that friggen bad. Not one game with over 200 yards and no INTs. Pist if you add in the rushing yards Tebow at least did that times last year so your not talking hart to hit numbers. Tebow could have done better then Mark in quite a few games this year IMO. Maybe not 6-3 but we would have a better record. Even if you go by Tebows stats from last year and say he didn't progress at all he is still a better QB right now. Mark has already had more att. then Tebow had last year. Less Yards per att, more INTs, less TDs, and not even close to what Tebow had on the ground. Mark has had a better team around him this year then Tebow had last year. Anyone who thinks that Tebow wasn't throwing to two unproven WRs (injured too may I add) last year and lesser TE better look again. Even if he brings the same passing results as Mark he improves the run game largely and I'll take that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead View Post
    holla at your booooooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys !
    YOUUUU BETTER BELIEVE IT!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know Stephen A. Smith; he's a good friend of mine....... but this is soo diiisreSPECTFUL!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

So let me get this straight :

Mark has zero football IQ and yet you're saying he may be ok somewhere else with a fresh start.....WHAT?

It's either one or the other. If a QB has no IQ then no amount of "coaching" will give him any "IQ". You either have it or you don't.

Am I right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I know Stephen A. Smith; he's a good friend of mine....... but this is soo diiisreSPECTFUL!
    McGinley it's good to see you brotha... I love you like a brotha... but there is NO WAY that he was disrespecting!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He may be right Mark has been that friggen bad. Not one game with over 200 yards and no INTs. Pist if you add in the rushing yards Tebow at least did that times last year so your not talking hart to hit numbers. Tebow could have done better then Mark in quite a few games this year IMO. Maybe not 6-3 but we would have a better record. Even if you go by Tebows stats from last year and say he didn't progress at all he is still a better QB right now. Mark has already had more att. then Tebow had last year. Less Yards per att, more INTs, less TDs, and not even close to what Tebow had on the ground. Mark has had a better team around him this year then Tebow had last year. Anyone who thinks that Tebow wasn't throwing to two unproven WRs (injured too may I add) last year and lesser TE better look again. Even if he brings the same passing results as Mark he improves the run game largely and I'll take that.
    +1000. Excellent summation. Hey, is that a spoonful of hot sauce you're feeding that kid?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    McGinley it's good to see you brotha... I love you like a brotha... but there is NO WAY that he was disrespecting!!
    Ohhh, puh-leeeeease! The only thing more diiisreSPECTFUL than Stephen A. is one Mr. Tiagmo Thhhhplitter!

But, you know how we do on First Take. We embrace debate around here, so come on the show. You're welcome anytime, brother.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Ohhh, puh-leeeeease! The only thing more diiisreSPECTFUL than Stephen A. is one Mr. Tiagmo Thhhhplitter!

But, you know how we do on First Take. We embrace debate around here, so come on the show. You're welcome anytime, brother.
    You be rustlin'.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    You be rustlin'.....
    If you havin' jimmy problems, I feel bad for you son. I got 99 jimmies and you can't rustle one.