Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez: The Real Problem - PFF Article

Mark Sanchez: The Real Problem - PFF Article

Pretty much nails it.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-real-problem/

Just when you think the New York Jets can’t sink any lower, they do this.

In an effort to “support” their franchise quarterback, they’ve taken to ripping into Tim Tebow. Obviously their woes are all down to Tebow, that notorious rebel rousing trouble maker. So more than a few, some with the audacity to even give their name, have laid into the former Bronco in this piece by Manish Mehta.

It has to be read to be believed.

Besides the lack of awareness these players show and how awful it makes them as teammates (because you know Tebow is on their team just as much as their starting quarterback), it shows a continuing problem throughout the Jets organization.

They just keep making excuses for Mark Sanchez.

He’s young and learning. His receivers aren’t good enough. His line is terrible.

All we ever hear are excuses for why Mark Sanchez plays poorly. How about this for a novel concept. Hold the man accountable and when he struggles punish him for it. Bench him. Make him feel threatened. Obviously the pampering he gets isn’t helping him and motivating him to be a better player. Let’s take a look at how he has played the past few years.

Code:
    Year	PFF Grade	PFF Rank	Qualifying Quarterbacks
    2009	-26.5	          39th	               40
    2010	-8.9	          28th	               37
    2011	-27.4	          37th	               38
    2012	-12	          32nd	               34
    Our grading isn’t flawless. But why is he consistently near the bottom? We account for things like dropped passes and how receivers impact a quarterback. We even developed a signature stat that takes this into account. Our adjusted accuracy percentage treats drops as completion and doesn’t factor thing likes throw aways and spikes. How does ‘The Sanchize’ do? Well see for yourself.

Code:
    Year	Adjusted %	Rank	Qualifying Quarterbacks
    2009	63.9	          38th	        39
    2010	67.1	          34th	        36
    2011	66.8	          31st	        36
    2012	64.1	          34th	        34
    I know people want to blame the offensive line for giving up a load of pressure but look at the numbers. How often is Sanchez under pressure compared to his peers? This is one table where the lower your ranked means your facing less pressure. Sanchez consistently spends a smaller percentage of his time under pressure than those around the league, and that includes any pressure he brings on himself.

Code:
    Year	Plays Under Pressure	Rank	Qualifying Quarterbacks
    2009	     23.6	        37th	  39
    2010	     27.9	        30th	  36
    2011	     27.3	        29th	  36
    2012	     30.3	        19th	  34
    It probably just seems more than it is because he performs so badly when he is under pressure. Have a look at his adjusted accuracy percentage when he’s pressured.
    Code:
    Year	Adjusted Acc. % Under Pressure	Rank	Qualifying Quarterbacks
    2009	                  52.7	        31st    	  39
    2010	                  49.1	        36th	          36
    2011	                  49	        34th	          36
    2012	                  49.2	        34th	          34
    The sad thing is I need to stop myself. I have probably 10 more tables that will highlight how woeful Mark Sanchez has consistently been for the Jets but you already know this. He fails the eye test nearly every time he steps onto a field, and what’s more he doesn’t look all that much better than the rookie we saw step onto the field in 2009. Yes he has won some playoff games but don’t go thinking that was because of his brilliance. That was because of the guys around him. So poor has he been that he has conditioned us to praise him for simply not making the mistakes that have characterized his career.

That the Jets coaches and players can’t see this, and don’t want something done about this speaks volumes for where they appear to be heading. Full scale rebuild.

At this point what do the Jets have to lose by playing Tebow? His accuracy may be even worse than Sanchez, and his mechanics remain sluggish, but he has always been a better game-time quarterback than a practice player, and he does have the ability to spark an offense and be a leader of men.

I didn’t think it possible but Sanchez has been so bad but I genuinely believe the Jets have a better chance of winning with a quarterback like Tebow. And I get why people would disagree with that, which is why if the Jets don’t want to go down that road you have to start looking at Greg McElroy and seeing what he’s got.

But the Jets need to make a change at quarterback. It doesn’t need to be permanent but their bury their heads in the sand approach to Mark Sanchez isn’t working. What’s more if they’re not careful it’s going to cost a lot of people their jobs when the season is over.

Tebow still sucks, lol.

TROLOLOLOLOL

somebody needs to tie a stick of dynamite to this franchise and light the fuse.

Yes yes yes yes a million times yes.

No QB in the league has a perfect situation. You can always find excuses for poor play. At the end of the day, with 4 years to evaluate performance, sometimes you just need to accept the guy isn't good.

Though the coach and front office are totally blind to this the absolute best thing for Mark Sanchez would be if he was unceremoniously and publicly benched with no sugar coating.

He should be told he is not performing at the NFL level and not doing what has to be down to win. He should be told the starting job can once again be his if he works hard enough and produces when he does get into games.

Sanchez has been ruined by coddling from day one and the teams ill conceived notion that there has to be no viable backup, competition or any threat.

I'm a firm believer that players should not lose confidence if they get pulled and if they do they were no good to begin with.

BUT BUT BUT ITS REX'S FAULT ! AND THE DEFENSE !! IT'S NOT MARK SANCHEZ !

And somewhere SAR crawls into a hole

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Tebow still sucks, lol.

TROLOLOLOLOL

Demo gets a lot of heat around here for being a Tebow fan and joining up because of Tebow, but I think he was a Sanchez believer up until the ****show we're seeing now. Most of his analysis is pretty spot-on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez is terrible and will not be the starting qb here for much longer. He will be stapled to the bench next year if we can get rid of him. Mark Sanchez is terrible. Hes worse then terrible. If you know anything about football, you already know this.

Banned
    It will be interesting to hear SAR's comments on the article.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Demo gets a lot of heat around here for being a Tebow fan and joining up because of Tebow, but I think he was a Sanchez believer up until the ****show we're seeing now. Most of his analysis is pretty spot-on.
    Lol, no he wasn't. Tebow is his one and only concern, mate.

I admit (and have told him many times) that he is very intelligent and can analyze teams well. That said, he IS biased in favor of Tim. And for that, I give him grief.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Why ? It'll be completely predictable.

SAR Bloviating:

Rex and company have absolutely ruined what, at one point, was a QB full of potential. They threw him into the fire before he was ready, they didn't surround him with the right talent, and what talent they did have, they let go.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If the Jets lose 3-2 he'll blame the defense for allowing more points than they scored.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Lol, no he wasn't. Tebow is his one and only concern, mate.

I admit (and have told him many times) that he is very intelligent and can analyze teams well. That said, he IS biased in favor of Tim. And for that, I give him grief.
    Actually McG, ASG is right. I believed that Sanchez would improve and that Tebow would get some time in with the WC, and have another year to develop as a QB.

Presumption there was that working with the Jets coaching staff for a year would be beneficial. Big presumption.

Also presumed that Sanchez wouldn't **** the bed. Another big presumption.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    If the Jets lose 3-2 he'll blame the defense for allowing more points than they scored.

Tebow still sucks, lol.

TROLOLOLOLOL
    You realize you don't have to respond to every article that criticizes Sanchez by attacking Tebow.

They both suck.

There, are you happy?

Tim tebow fanboys should refrain from critiquing ANY NFL QB. Your favorite player is still much, much worse

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    You realize you don't have to respond to every article that criticizes Sanchez by attacking Tebow.

They both suck.

There, are you happy?
    I'm responding to Demos, not the article. lol. I, for one, hate both QBs. I just think it's funny to take shots at Demos.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Tim tebow fanboys should refrain from critiquing ANY NFL QB. Your favorite player is still much, much worse
    GFY.

BTW, here's a newsflash for you. Go pull Sanchez's stats for the 9 games this year and compare them to Tebow's first 9 starts last year.

Guess who's overall stats are better ?

Tebow put up more yards, more TDs, fewer turnovers, and most importantly, more wins.

So like I said, GFY.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I'm not so sure of that anymore.