Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rex's Press Conference about to begin

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    I am a career LEO, (law enforcement officer) most of that time spent in investigation. I have been trained to detect deception in people I am interviewing. As a tool I have often used interviews like this one to practice those skills and I can one hundred percent tell you that our head coach is a lying sack of ****. This team is in trouble because this asshat will tow the party line if it kills him. Unless they put McElroy in this season is nothing left to see.
    ...and yet... you voted for Obama...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Especially when you had an option like Romney who never, ever lied and was going to make all his campaign promises come true.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Oh Snap!

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Especially when you had an option like Romney who never, ever lied and was going to make all his campaign promises come true.
    Oh Double-Snap!

BTW, Democrats.....Republicans.....Everyone knows my stance on this but in case some missed it :

They both bring their own brand of sh-t to the table. I voted Independent 'cause I'm no fan of either Party.

But enough about Politics.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Did I say that?

I voted for Gary Johnson, ****nutz.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    As a tool I have often used interviews like this.....
    Yeah, you're a tool alright.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was pure agony to watch. Rex has never appeared to be all that bright in front of the camera but he was generally in control. Clearly, he has none of the tools to be a HC, and is in way over his head. Still completely clueless about the offense, too. Can't help but feel sorry for the once lovable clown.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    That was pure agony to watch. Rex has never appeared to be all that bright in front of the camera but he was generally in control. Clearly, he has none of the tools to be a HC, and is in way over his head. Still completely clueless about the offense, too. Can't help but feel sorry for the once lovable clown.
    He mumbled quite a bit, and made little sense but he was in a very delicate and embarrassing situation. His job was to defuse this situation and I think he navigated and dodged all bullets ok. He wasn't a master of linguistics or anything, but I think he did a competent job.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    He mumbled quite a bit, and made little sense but he was in a very delicate and embarrassing situation. His job was to defuse this situation and I think he navigated and dodged all bullets ok. He wasn't a master of linguistics or anything, but I think he did a competent job.
    You're setting the bar quite low then.

Forgetting the stammering, mumbling, and the dees and dohs, the substance of his replies were often head-scratching and indicative of someone who doesn't understand what he's talking about. His rational for not controlling what his players say to the press is that, "They'll just do it anyway". On Tebow, "We're the only team in the league that uses our back-up QB as a punt protector" "Teams have to waste time game planning for him." (Yeah, that's killing DCs around the league) And the worst one was repeating the the team has really improved its net PUNTING yardage! Sure he's under pressure, but that didn't look anything like a competent coach at the podium.