Thread: Why Nothing will change for a LONG time

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Why Nothing will change for a LONG time

My friends we are about to enter into a prolonged period of mediocrity again. The reason for my pessimism has nothing to do with past Jets' woes, as the Same Old Jets "Fans" would have us believe. Instead I base my belief on something more practical; the owner is the main problem.

As Joe Namath correctly points out, we have a franchise that is fixated on headlines and colorful characters over winning. A franchise that looks for ways to garner headlines in any way possible; where bad publicity is still good publicity as long as they keep talking about them. This Frankenstein monster was created by Mr. Johnson.

A team that is run in this manner will not find consistent, long-term success on the field because it often contradicts what it takes to maintain success on the field. The other major issue that will spiral the Jets downward is that even if the owner attempts to make changes at the top the team will not be able to offer prospective employees the freedom to build the team in the way they deem fit. Not when Johnson will force Tebow and possibly Ryan on any prospective GM should he fire/reassign Tannenbaum.

Folks, you cannot attract a difference maker as a GM if they will not be allowed to hire their own people (head coach) and build their roster (drop Tebow) as they deem fit. Its bad enough that any new front office executive will be saddled with the horrific contract of Sanchez but its even more unforgiving to be told you must keep inferior players on the roster simply because they sell jerseys and make headlines. We may win the back page headlines in March, and sell a few extra jerseys too, but we will not build a successful NFL franchise. And that is all most loyal, hard core Jets fans really care about.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    My friends we are about to enter into a prolonged period of mediocrity again. The reason for my pessimism has nothing to do with past Jets' woes, as the Same Old Jets "Fans" would have us believe. Instead I base my belief on something more practical; the owner is the main problem.

As Joe Namath correctly points out, we have a franchise that is fixated on headlines and colorful characters over winning. A franchise that looks for ways to garner headlines in any way possible; where bad publicity is still good publicity as long as they keep talking about them. This Frankenstein monster was created by Mr. Johnson.

A team that is run in this manner will not find consistent, long-term success on the field because it often contradicts what it takes to maintain success on the field. The other major issue that will spiral the Jets downward is that even if the owner attempts to make changes at the top the team will not be able to offer prospective employees the freedom to build the team in the way they deem fit. Not when Johnson will force Tebow and possibly Ryan on any prospective GM should he fire/reassign Tannenbaum.

Folks, you cannot attract a difference maker as a GM if they will not be allowed to hire their own people (head coach) and build their roster (drop Tebow) as they deem fit. Its bad enough that any new front office executive will be saddled with the horrific contract of Sanchez but its even more unforgiving to be told you must keep inferior players on the roster simply because they sell jerseys and make headlines. We may win the back page headlines in March, and sell a few extra jerseys too, but we will not build a successful NFL franchise. And that is all most loyal, hard core Jets fans really care about.
    This has been discussed adnauseaum. We all agree.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This has been discussed by SOJFs ad nauseam. They all agree.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The OP should suck on a gas nozzle and then light his insides on fire.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    What part of his post is not true???

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    the part that isn't redundant.

oh wait... nevermind.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the part that isn't redundant.

oh wait... nevermind.
    Keep your head in the sand then.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Keep your head in the sand then.
    U mad bro?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

+1
    Getting Favre, worried me. Getting Tebow sealed it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    U mad bro?

Me? No.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Honorary Captain of the NY JETS: Patriots Fan John Cena of the WWE

I might be clueless, but it just hit me that your sig says it all about Woody.... Wrestlemania is coming in April so lets have a wrestler as honorary cap't....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent Post!!!

Thank you.....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Owners can be terrible and still find success if they hit the jackpot with a coach and QB. Just look at the Saints. I dont think anyone would put the Bensons in the same league as the Mara's and Rooney's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    This has been discussed by SOJFs ad nauseam. They all agree.
    Woodys butler? posting on JI?

How you can defend any of this is mind boggling.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a reason why his name is *INTELLIGENT*jetsfan.

I wouldn't bash someone who's been around for so long, dustykeller.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    There's a reason why his name is *INTELLIGENT*jetsfan.

I wouldn't bash someone who's been around for so long, dustykeller.
    Are his feelings going to be hurt?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are his feelings going to be hurt?
    you know you can chime in and not be a doosh, douche....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Easy intell GENT fan..