Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An apology to Greg McElroy

An apology to Greg McElroy

One of the things absolutely no-one has considered on this board is Greg McElroy as a person. Sure he has limited arm strength and most teams wanted no part of him after college, but to sit on bench after being a star in college has to hurt his feelings. Sure this is a sport and big business but coaches should spend more time factoring in players feelings. I understand that Sanchez has won a few playoff games, but to force this guy to play 3rd string to Tim Tebow is just flat out insensitive. At least let the kid punt protect or long snap once or twice!

Boy did we do a job on this guy. Sorry Greg

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I don't think he lives by me.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    One of the things absolutely no-one has considered on this board is Greg McElroy as a person. Sure he has limited arm strength and most teams wanted no part of him after college, but to sit on bench after being a star in college has to hurt his feelings. Sure this is a sport and big business but coaches should spend more time factoring in players feelings. I understand that Sanchez has won a few playoff games, but to force this guy to play 3rd string to Tim Tebow is just flat out insensitive. At least let the kid punt protect or long snap once or twice!

You know what?? He makes a lot more money than most of us here. I think he will live.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I don't think he lives by me.
    I think he rents a townhouse in Morristown.

All Pro
    Sorry ur getting shafted by the Suckchez Greg.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think he rents a townhouse in Morristown.
    Prolly one of those new ones on the green, this way he can go to Starbucks on the way out each day.

All League

awesome post revis...

Jets Insider VIP

Hahhahahahah LOL

And IMO it is a perfect post to some of the INSANITY of apologies that people have the gall to put out here...

At least you haven't lost your sense of humor...

Thanks for this post!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Sorry ur getting shafted by the Suckchez Greg.
    And Telol; don't forget Telol.

Well shucks...let's apologize to the ball boys and the equip managers and the water boys and every one associated with the team that hasn't gotten their glory...geeeez

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Hahhahahahah LOL

And IMO it is a perfect post to some of the INSANITY of apologies that people have the gall to put out here...

At least you haven't lost your sense of humor...

Thanks for this post!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post

awesome post revis...

Nice to see a couple of you still have a sense of humor and can detect sarcasm. It's also good to know which posters couldn't detect sarcasm if it slapped them across the face.

LLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAVVEEEEEEEE GREGGGGYYYYYYYYYY ALLLLOOOOOOOONNNEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't consider athletes as people. Just a number to me. They don't consider us, they just care about each other and $. He makes more then I do in 10 years and does nothing. He's probably never going to be good because he's small and weak armed. Apologize to me, I have been watching this crap for 40 years. What a joke post pal

Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    I don't consider athletes as people. Just a number to me. They don't consider us, they just care about each other and $. He makes more then I do in 10 years and does nothing. He's probably never going to be good because he's small and weak armed. Apologize to me, I have been watching this crap for 40 years. What a joke post pal

All League
    hahaha oh this is great

Veteran
    Are there really people out there that are this ignorant to sarcasm? Haha, great post Revis.

Well playing behind Tebow aside the guy should get an apology for stating the truth about this team last year which seems to be carrying over to this year and getting all sorts of flack about it.

"It's the first time I've ever been around extremely selfish individuals," McElroy said. "There were people within our locker room that didn't care whether we won or lost as long as they got theirs, they had a good game individually. And that's the disappointing thing."

McElroy went on to say that he thinks that the Jets' struggles throughout the year "led to a corrupt mindset in the locker room."

Indeed.

All Pro

I'm sorry too. I'm also sorry to all the people sitting at home that could do a better job. I'm sure their are thousands of people that could have been the next Kurt Warner but are sadly still stocking shelves. I'm sorry to all the people that could have been better Presidents, that have watched 12 years of ineptitude, and will see another 4. I'm even sorry to the people that could do my job better than me, but I'm really good at looking like I know what I'm doing.

I could go on all day. Maybe you guys should do a better job of selling yourselves. Come on Greg. Get your **** together, and take that starting job. This is probably your best opportunity. Somebody please take that President job too. Almost seems like no one wants that job anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Are there really people out there that are this ignorant to sarcasm? Haha, great post Revis.
    +1

the issue the jets need to apologize to mcelroy for was his interview after last season when he spoke his mind. he was spot on but everyone dissed him for not keeping it in the "family". well......that assumes there was a family to begin with. the jets have limited on field leadership and a qb who doesn't make anyone play better let alone himself. just as schitty needed to go because he was the one constant after 5 seasons of offensive ineptness, now sanchez needs to be shown the door. he's lucky because he still has 7 games to turn his act around. not many get the same chance.