Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Share something funny with your fellow suffering jets fans

Share something funny with your fellow suffering jets fans

Undrafted Free Agent

Here Goes

I have been out of work for quite sometime. (Software/Technology Sales) My health is not good and I have no insurance due to a pre-existing condition. I totally believe that there is age discrimination in this country (I just turned 50) although no one really speaks of it.

I am also a life long JETS fan (if you met someone who knows me or ever did, it would be mentioned in the first five minutes of any discussion concerning me), so I have endured my share of pain.

Sooooooo (here comes the funny part). Back in September I said to myself, "Oh well, I'll be alright, it's football season and I get to watch my beloved JETS play again" - NOW THAT'S F#%KIN FUNNY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JetFan - ATL View Post
    I have been out of work for quite sometime. (Software/Technology Sales) My health is not good and I have no insurance due to a pre-existing condition. I totally believe that there is age discrimination in this country (I just turned 50) although no one really speaks of it.

I am also a life long JETS fan (if you met someone who knows me or ever did, it would be mentioned in the first five minutes of any discussion concerning me), so I have endured my share of pain.

Sooooooo (here comes the funny part). Back in September I said to myself, "Oh well, I'll be alright, it's football season and I get to watch my beloved JETS play again" - NOW THAT'S F#%KIN FUNNY!!!
    Same- every year since 1972 not including

playoffs or preseason, average of 15.5 games per year- season being 14 games ions ago, i have wasted 1,860 hours of sundays,

or 77.5 freaking days of real time live Jets football action. !!!!!!!! helpppppppppppppppp

To the rescue.......

Veteran

I too have a degree and decades of experience in the IT field (software development). I agree that there maybe some age discrimination (49). I currently sling fish in a seafood market for $9/hr. Now that's funny (just not the haha kind).

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Lmao!

-

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Lmao!

-

-
    i miss SHEA

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing in Buffalo View Post
    i miss SHEA
    Me too. We froze our asses off there and I had a blast. Bring back the Flying Lawnmover and point it at Woody!

Jets Insider VIP
    I feel so good as a JETS fan right now. I am off the ledge, I dont give a fukk , no emotional tie and at the Charlotte JETS club on Sunday we had a BLAST!!! The older guys (Im 50) laughing at the younger kids who go back to about 1998 slamming the table, cursing etc... we told stories of where we were for the spike, 1986 etc.

One young kid said.."Im gonna blow my head off"

I commented across the room so many heard..

"Dont! If you are a real JETS fan you'll miss half your brain and be left in a coma and a burden on your family for 43 years!"

We started laughing so hard, some of us were crying. One of those moments.

Jets Insider VIP
    PSLs = Investment Gold

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    "Dont! If you are a real JETS fan you'll miss half your brain and be left in a coma and a burden on your family for 43 years!"
    So true.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    I feel so good as a JETS fan right now. I am off the ledge, I dont give a fukk , no emotional tie and at the Charlotte JETS club on Sunday we had a BLAST!!! The older guys (Im 50) laughing at the younger kids who go back to about 1998 slamming the table, cursing etc... we told stories of where we were for the spike, 1986 etc.

It's funny because it's true.

Undrafted Free Agent

Maybe that's what I need. A trip to the Jets Fan Club in Atlanta to 'smell the irony of the young'. Yea, that's it. Have you ever been to the Fan Club here? As I recall, it was fun last year. The Rams huh. I remember Roman Gabriel. I am getting old.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am the Jets fan club in Lincoln Nebraska - now that's a true hoot...

Jets Insider VIP
    How do you call Stokes' Mexican cousin?

Paragraph. Too short to be an ese.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post

Hah?

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe that's what I need. A trip to the Jets Fan Club in Atlanta to 'smell the irony of the young'. Yea, that's it. Have you ever been to the Fan Club here? As I recall, it was fun last year. The Rams huh. I remember Roman Gabriel. I am getting old.
    I have not but have heard very good things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD0ivRR48Mk

This is my kind of thread

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    I am the Jets fan club in Lincoln Nebraska - now that's a true hoot...
    It's lonely out on the prairie.

There's actually a Central Texas Jets Fan Club. They meet at Mister Tramps (how appropriate) sports pub.
    Maybe someday I'll go there, but I think I get enough commiserating here in the hampur.