Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: will schottenheimer get revenge on jets ? ? ?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    Will Schottenheimer get revenge on Jets ?

Remember Brian Schottenheimer ?

He was the former New York Jets offensive coordinator who shouldered most of the blame for the team's downfall and eventual implosion last year. The Jets finished 25th in total offense and it cost Schottenheimer his job. He eventually landed with the St. Louis Rams, while New York hired Tony Sparano in place of "Schotty."One year later, the Jets’ offense remains in shambles. Quarterback Mark Sanchez has regressed under Sparano and the Tim Tebow experiment is a bust. New York’s offense is ranked 30th entering Week 11 -- five spots lower than Schottenheimer’s group last season.The Jets will meet their former scapegoat Sunday when the Rams (3-5-1) host the Jets (3-6). It will be a chance for Schottenheimer to get revenge and send his old team further into the abyss.

"My impressions, he’s doing an outstanding job," said Rams head coach Jeff Fisher on a conference call Wednesday. "I was very excited initially that he was available. We hit the ground running and he’s been a big influence of the early turnaround of this football team."St. Louis is not an offensive juggernaut. The Rams are 19th in passing and 12th in rushing in Schottenheimer’s first year. They certainly appear to have a few more pieces offensively than New York with quarterback Sam Bradford, receiver Danny Amendola and the dual running threat of Steven Jackson and Daryl Richardson.Most importantly, Fisher said Schottenheimer has a good rapport with his players. Things seemed to sour with Schottenheimer in New York last year, particularly with Sanchez."He has a great relationship with Sam," Fisher explained. "The two of them have spent a lot of time together. Sam has a very good feel for what we’re trying to do. Brian and Sam are on the same page all the time during the ballgame. I think Sam is only going to get better and better."

Schottenheimer will get his chance to kick the Jets while they’re down this weekend.

> http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...evenge-on-jets

Positively not...

We all spent too many years watching the Brian Schottenheimer offense to have second thoughts about him being gone now. Having second thoughts about Schottenheimer is like having second thoughts about Wayne Hunter. Even Brett Favre basically told him to shut up and take a seat.

The Jets will win this game by a decent margin, I'm thinking like 10 points. The Jets will turn this season around into something respectable and it starts this sunday.

Jets - 24

Rams - 13

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also against that O-line our D-line will have Bradford running for his life back there. Heck, we may even see our old friend Kellen Clemens again...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this game will turn out to be a 6-3 affair since BOTH teams SUCK(for different reasons)....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I think this game will turn out to be a 6-3 affair since BOTH teams SUCK(for different reasons)....
    The Rams are producing less points per game than us (19.4 to 17.9). Bradford has been sacked 25 times so far, so he can be gotten to and will be gotten to by this defensive line. The Jets are 6th against the pass (about the same as San Fran), so look for the Rams to try and run the ball against a defense they percieve to be soft against it.

I think the Jets will get to Bradford pretty well. The Rams are 19th against the run and allow 66.3% completions against them (4th worst in the league). This is not by any means a powerhouse defense. I think the Jets offense can move the ball here, and will.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Also against that O-line our D-line will have Bradford running for his life back there. Heck, we may even see our old friend Kellen Clemens again...
    No question about it- Especially with how ferocious the Jets pass rush has been all year!!

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    IF Schotty upsets my friend jetswin once more....I'm shuddering, here.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm feeling a lot better about this game. Our D can manhandle this team and Bradford's sure to be sacked. All we need is for Sparano to make sensible QB switches instead of the crap he's been calling. Sparano - please let Sanchez or Tebow finish a drive! Quit swapping at the wrong time. And let's pass - pass - run. We can win this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    I'm feeling a lot better about this game. Our D can manhandle this team and Bradford's sure to be sacked. All we need is for Sparano to make sensible QB switches instead of the crap he's been calling. Sparano - please let Sanchez or Tebow finish a drive! Quit swapping at the wrong time. And let's pass - pass - run. We can win this.
    I hope this game does not change the warm fuzzies that Mo and Coples are starting to give me.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look for Mulligan to score a TD or two against the Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our defense is so pathetic I can actually see us losing this game. So does Vegas.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Despite fact that Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer has been scheming all week to beat NY, Jets are paying portion of his salary next 2 seasons.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Despite fact that Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer has been scheming all week to beat NY, Jets are paying portion of his salary next 2 seasons.
    It was a necessary "DUMP" to get rid of that a-hole.

He may not have been *The* problem but he was a *BIG* problem.

No issue with having to pay him for 2 seasons. Him being gone is the REAL prize here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    AAAAAAND There's your "revenge".

Schitty just proved how much of a problem he was for this Jets Franchise based on his playcalling today.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    AAAAAAND There's your "revenge".

Schitty just proved how much of a problem he was for this Jets Franchise based on his playcalling today.
    Really man, he's down by 14 points with three minutes left in the game and he's got Bradford dink-n-dunking it down the field watching the clock run...

Same
    Old
    Brian...

lol!

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    not today suzarinoo. heads were lowered; and lanes thus appeared. the quickness of that dline was used as leverage and the jets made them pay. Norv Turner could have been calling the rams plays it didnt matter; the jets out-tebowed the ramskies by putting their heads down first. Sparano remembered that you need a RB near the goal line; and showed the results we expected. Ray and sg3 hopefully loved this game be cause it was jets football baby

goddang JETS
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 11-18-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Santonio Holmes ‏@santonio10
    Good job today #NYJETS for beating up on Shotty n the #RAMS

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    • 4 winning seasons, 1 losing season, an 8-8 season
    • 3 trips to the playoffs
    • 4 different starting QBs
    • Twice to the AFC Championship game with a top 10 offense despite having a qb that was posting bottom 10 individual stats.
    • He left the Jets voluntarily when not many people could see the organization was about to implode.

The only way Schottenheimer can get revenge on the Jets is if doesn't inform the Rams defense about how easy it is to rattle Mark Sanchez so that Sanchez puts together a decent game thus prolonging his tenure as the starting QB.

Hopefully he'll slip up, Sanchez will have 5 turnovers before halftime and someone will hogtie Rex so that a backup QB can give it a go.
    Nicely played Mr. Schottenheimer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Santonio Holmes ‏@santonio10
    Good job today #NYJETS for beating up on Shotty n the #RAMS

Somebody was happy today.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    how 'bout them jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No revenge for Schotty

Brian Schottenheimer owned his former team for about ... oh, six minutes. After that, the Jets figured him out

Antonio Cromartie said he knew certain plays because he recognized the pre-snap audibles."He ran his game and didn't try to change it," Cromartie said after the Jets' 27-13 win over the Rams Sunday. "Some of their checks, I knew what they were ... I recognized some of the verbiage they were doing."

The Jets were on their heels on the first possession, as the Rams marched 13 plays for 86 yards. Sam Bradford hit a wide-open Brandon Gibson for a 1-yard TD pass -- on fourth down -- confusing the Jets with their formation.There was some irony. In six seasons as the Jets' offensive coordinator, Schottenheimer was often criticized for the offense's inability to score on its opening drive."I thought Schotty did a nice job of keeping us off balance that first drive," Rex Ryan said. "As the game went on, I thought defensive coordinator Mike Pettine and everyone did a great job of really playing fundamentals and the communication got much better, and we made some plays up front so I think that was huge.”

After the first drive, the Rams were held to 195 total yards -- but only 79 yards in the second and third quarters. Bradford was sacked only once, but he was pressured several times by the blitzing Jets.Schottenheimer wasn't available after the game. He downplayed the game during the week, but it had to mean a lot to him after being forced out after last season. Several Jets said they exchanged pleasantries with Schottenheimer -- except for RB Joe McKnight, who said he didn't talk to him.

"I didn't even talk to him when he was here," McKnight said.

FLAG SAVES DAY :
    The Jets' no-longer-reliable special teams dodged a bullet at the end of the second quarter. Chris Givens returned a kickoff 98 yards for an apparent go-ahead score, but it was nullified by a holding penalty on Rodney McLeod. He apparently grabbed Chaz Schilens.Naturally, Schilens said he was held."I was just looking, waiting for them to throw it," he said.Rams coach Jeff Fisher disputed the call."I just saw the replay. It looked like his hands were inside," he said. "The player (Schilens) wouldn't have made the play. When the player throws his arms up in the air like that, sometimes it gets called. It didn't look to me like it was an egregious hold."

SLOW TOE :
    Ryan razzed LB Bart Scott for getting run down by former Jets TE Matt Mulligan on a 38-yard fumble return."I was shocked because Matthew Mulligan has never run that fast in his life," Ryan said. "It was great play by Mully and a good play by Bart to pick that ball up and was running with it. He will be quick to tell you that because of a toe injury he was walked down by Mulligan."

ODDS AND ENDS :
    DE Muhammad Wilkerson recorded the Jets' only sack, his second of the season ... S Eric Smith, who played in the nickel, made his first interception of the year ... Rookie WR Stephen Hill continued to struggle. He had another dropped pass and was held without a catch for the second straight game, the fourth game overall ... NT Kenrick Ellis (knee) and DB Aaron Berry (quadriceps) suffered injuries. No update was given ... RT Austin Howard and RB Bilal Powell allowed sacks ... Kyle Wilson replaced Jeremy Kerley as the punt returner. Kerley muffed a punt last week and was slowed by heel and hamstring injuries.

> http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ge-for-schotty