Thread: Slauson getting criticized on NFLN

Hall Of Fame

Question Slauson getting criticized on NFLN

by Darren Sharper and Heath Evans for his comments about Tebow. Nothing earth-shattering, we know Evans is a Pats ballwasher.

But there was something interesting Sharper pointed out in the segment. He basically said he spoke to a Jets OL that told him Slauson has graded out the worst of all the lineman this year and that he shouldn't be talking.

1. Does anybody have their grades? I know the Jets probably grade differently than PFF. Just interested in seeing if this is true. I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

2. More importantly, who do you think Sharper spoke to?

If this is about Slauson's "comment" on Teblow, then Manish should get blasted for putting Slauson in this situation because he took a comment that Matt said BEFORE the season started and placed it in an article making it look like he just RECENTLY said it.

I'm not a fan of Matt but I know bullsh-t when I see it...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    If this is about Slauson's "comment" on Teblow, then Manish should get blasted for putting Slauson in this situation because he took a comment that Matt said BEFORE the season started and placed it in an article making it look like he just RECENTLY said it.

I'm not a fan of Matt but I know bullsh-t when I see it...
    Yeah it was about the Tebow thing.

Manish is a weasel. Not sure why anybody talks to him.

I am just wondering who you think Sharper would have gotten that information from. I guess there is a chance he made it up. I was just wondering though.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

I am just wondering who you think Sharper would have gotten that information from. I guess there is a chance he made it up. I was just wondering though.
    Sharper was probably just following "Procedure" in believing that ANYTHING the reporters "report" is true.

by Darren Sharper and Heath Evans for his comments about Tebow. Nothing earth-shattering, we know Evans is a Pats ballwasher.

But there was something interesting Sharper pointed out in the segment. He basically said he spoke to a Jets OL that told him Slauson has graded out the worst of all the lineman this year and that he shouldn't be talking.

1. Does anybody have their grades? I know the Jets probably grade differently than PFF. Just interested in seeing if this is true. I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Grades ????? What are Sackchez's grades ???

All League

Well personally I don't see Brick being one to talk, on or off the record when it comes to his teammates.

My guess is probably either Mangold or Moore. Both come off outspoken, and Moore was the guy that defended his fellow linemen when Santonio started talking sht last year.

Who knows for sure though.....for all we know it could of been Woody going off on his former teammates and Sharper worded it to make it seem like it was a current and not former teammate....but I didn't hear the comments myself so just pure speculation.

Sent from my LG-P999

Someone mentioned in anther thread that Howard grades out lower then Hunter did. Does anyone here think he is doing a worse job? I don't think these "grades" mean anything. Sanchez causes a on his own pressure and sacks. We have a pretty good line. Slauson is not a top G but gets his job done. Vlad and Celab both look OK but no one ever mentions them unless they have a bad play. I really don't feel G is a dire need unless we loss both Moore and Slauson. Resign Moore, tenure Auston on the cheap and draft a RT/G in the 3rd 4th round to deveop. I don't think we need to spend big bucks to "improve the line". Not without a viable QB or RB anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Grades ????? What are Sackchez's grades ???
    each player is graded by their position coach for each play in the game. The grade is usually a + or - depending on the execution, technique, line call, read, ect..

Players that grade well generally are sound players who make few mental mistakes.

Stopped caring about that joke of a network as soon as Kriegal and Evans became "analysts".

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    each player is graded by their position coach for each play in the game. The grade is usually a + or - depending on the execution, technique, line call, read, ect..

Players that grade well generally are sound players who make few mental mistakes.
    Exactly ... What are Sackchez's grades ????

Jets Insider VIP
    Shouldn't be talking? What, only Joe Montana and a few select HoFers can point out the obvious that Teblow sucks? And that Snatchez isn't much better?

pffft

Was thinking Damien Woody also. The real lesson is.....talk to the media at your own risk.They will never help you, only hurt you.

Hall Of Fame

Here is the thing to remember about the media in 2012. Just because someone says it or writes it, doesnt mean its true. The anonymous source thing is just a license to lie. How do you really call someone out on it when they wont tell you the source to fact check it? It just creates speculation and sensationalism to get attention.

If you guys think these NFLN clowns do anything but show up and say what producers want them to say to generate ratings, all based on the research that dopey interns dig up off the internets, you're lost.