Thread: Sadly, now I feel comfortable..

Sadly, now I feel comfortable..

I somehow feel at home when the Jets are in the crapper and the world is bashing us.

I guess years of watching this team has ruined me too..

When the team is riding high, I'm always waiting for the shoe to drop..

now it has.

Spoken like a long time fan -the good years are few and far in between

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I somehow feel at home when the Jets are in the crapper and the world is bashing us.

now it has.
    On a positive note, its so bad that maybe Woody will be forced to do a complete overall of management and get people in here who can run a football team.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    On a positive note, its so bad that maybe Woody will be forced to do a complete overall of management and get people in here who can run a football team.
    One would think

It is odd that after being a diehard fan for the past 45 years that I am finding humour and enjoyment watching this team implode. There is nothing likable about this team from top to bottom. Where are the Wayne Chrebets?

Practice Squad
    Agreed, I watch the games stress free on Sundays

Quote Originally Posted by crimer View Post
    It is odd that after being a diehard fan for the past 45 years that I am finding humour and enjoyment watching this team implode. There is nothing likable about this team from top to bottom. Where are the Wayne Chrebets?
    Retired and dealing with PCS.

Oddly I am OK with it too. I think it is no one was really thinking SB this year. We had some PO hopes but knew we weren't going far. I am OK with one really bad year as long as they get back on track. I love the young talent on this team just wish we had more of it.

All League
    Because I hate most things about the way the team is operating right now, I'm hoping they are so bad and attendance becomes so poor that it will force Woody's hand into making a change. Therefore I'm enjoying Tanny's ineptness, Rex's buffoonery, and Sparano's imbecilic playcalling simply because I'm forever hopeful things will be so outrageously ridiculous that Woody realizes he needs an intelligent football guy to run the organization for him.

Yeah, come to think of it there is not a lot of likable players on this team. Chrebet. Cotch, Martin, Pennington, all seemed to be the type of guys you would want to have a beer with.

But every year more and more players need to distance them selves due to social media. Only the **** birds say anything anymore. (every team, not just the jets)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post

now it has.
    Sad but very true.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL.

We suck. All is right in the world.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Apparently after 4 years people didn't know were we stood.

This is definitely the norm.

There is nothing likable about this team from top to bottom.
    Word.
    Players aren't likable. Coaches aren't likable. Management isn't likable. Ownership isn't likable. Uniforms aren't likable. Cheerleaders aren't likable. Cheerleader uniforms aren't likeable. Still shared stadium isn't likable.

With every expectation flushed down the toilet, I'm just an amused observer at this point. We can only hope that when this train wreck mercilessly ends the franchise is in more competent hands.

If and when this team manages to win something I have no doubt my enjoyment of it will be tainted by some scandal or other dooshbaggery.

WTH? Why Jeebus?

Glad I jumped wagons. At least the Rams have won something lately.

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    With every expectation flushed down the toilet, I'm just an amused observer at this point. We can only hope that when this train wreck mercilessly ends the franchise is in more competent hands.
    I'm with you.
    I live in New England & everyone knows I'm an avid Jets fan but I'm also a realist.
    Sanchez blows, Rex big mouth has come back to haunt him, the Tebow aquisition was always going to blow up in some fashion.

But, I'm pretty confident that the Pats can't win the Superbowl with that defense so seeing TB12 get another year older without another ring soothes the sting of losing.

If you look at the win/loss record since Woody purchased the Jets, they're practically a wavelength of success and failure. Its quite astonishing really.

I love the Jets. I hate this team. (I hated last year's team too)