Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PFT: Shonn Greene thinks itís time for a change at the quarterback position

Hall Of Fame
    I want to know into whose witness protection program did all of our resident kool-aid drinking village idiots go?

All League
    I always knew Shonn Greene had it in him, he just has that look. Honestly, he of all people should not be talking.

Let the games begin...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    longtime jets fans like myself have been to hell and back with this organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    You got back?
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Teblow fans never cease to amaze me. Now it's "McElroy isn't a real QB"
    Just stop. You're all making yourselves look even more foolish than usual.

BTW, why no rebuttal to WCO's posts?

You're all ready to jump on me when i speak the obvious truth about your hero but when WCO says something, you all go into hiding. LOL!
    I have never been a Tebow fan I am an FSU fan for the love of god. I even liked the draft pick of McElroy. That said he has done nothing to earn a shot as a starter. He is a POS with a big mouth and very little talent. He is not better then Sanchez or Tebow. He is not a pro QB or athlete in any way. period. He is a lesser version of Brock Berlin who I would rather have right now. He shouldn't be on this team and is just anther example of us holding onto crap that didn't work. No way in hell should he even be considered as our starter IMO. I'll take just about any other option. He just sucks that bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Herm? Hell no.

Mangini, not really. More than Herm, but no. He's a smart guy but I don't think he has the leadership skills necessary.

If only there was a way to combine the best qualities of Rex, Eric and Herman.
    I think mangini may have matured a bit. He always brought in character guys, and good evaluator of talent. My thing with him was his lack of adjusting at half time. He did hand over a good team to Rex and co

Hall Of Fame
    It is kind of ironic that Greene thinks a change should be made, the RB position is about as bad as the QB position is right now. The starter is only starting because there is no other viable option behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Handle WHAT?

WHERE ARE HIS SKILLS??
    Read much, bra? I said Tebow has the mental toughness to handle the 99 pounds of hate and criticism dumped on him daily, while Sanchezists warn us all that Mark is too emotionally fragile to take it.

MENTAL TOUGHNESS was the "skill" I was discussing. Can't you give Tebow props for ONE damn thing?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Read much, bra? I said Tebow has the mental toughness to handle the 99 pounds of hate and criticism dumped on him daily, while Sanchezists warn us all that Mark is too emotionally fragile to take it.

MENTAL TOUGHNESS was the "skill" I was discussing. Can't you give Tebow props for ONE damn thing?
    Tebow's got the skills of a leader in spades. The problem is that as far as actual QB skills, he might as well be a 14 year old girl.

Has any other player who so lacked the physical tools of an NFL QB, ever led his team to a playoff birth? The man leaves more intangibles on his used toilet paper than Sanchez has in his whole body.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    LOL I agree, but Greene should be the last one talking.
    Why?

Greene isn't saying it should be his job, but that there should be changes made. We all say it all the time - just because he's not good doesn't mean he can't say it's time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Greene probably isn't happy with either the line or whomever it is on the coaching staff that drew up the blocking assignments.

That said, one thing to consider is that just about EVERY other position on the team has faced some trial and error change ups. We've tried different RBs in platoon fashion. We've tried different combinations of WRs. We've tried different guys on the Oline and guys in different positions.

About the only things that haven't changed are Sparano doing the play calling, and Sanchez being the QB.
    What, are there not enough blockers for him to run into? Christ this guy has had huge holes all season and runs right into his blockers or defender every time. This guy seriously better lump himself into the conversation.

All League
    we also need a change RB..

LOL I forgot I'm not the only girl on the team
    Great attitude and sense of humor. Luv ya babe.

Here is the only area in which baseball > football: relief pitchers. The game's going crappy, the relief pitcher comes in and finishes the game. No big deal. Doesn't mean the starting pitcher is never gonna start again.

I still wish the Jets would use at least use Tebow smarter. Red zone, spread, WC etc while Sanchez starts. Both QBs working together with complementary skills. Each of them getting to complete a drive at least without the stupid subbing in and out. You know, the way we thought he'd be used, while having a chance to improve his skills behind Sanchez. Come on, guys, let's vote for relief QB's! Hahaha if only we COULD vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    Great attitude and sense of humor. Luv ya babe.
    Thanks DD I gotta represent all the girlfriends, sisters and wives of Jets fans. Tryin' to give ya'll the GFE for free LOL.

Kind of funny coming from Greene, although nothing he said was wrong. I mean, I wonder what his thoughts are on the production out of the RB position though, he can't be too impressed

Bewildered Beast

Tether your dingy to this one unassailable truth: It's never worked before.

Tim Tebow is Tim Tebow; he's earning a paycheck in the NFL; he's all that, and a truckload of Popeye's biscuits.

On this board, he represents a BAD MISTAKE. The Presence of your Hero has not provided one bit of stability to the team; but provided increased scrutiny that has tools like heath Evans howling whatever they want at the Jets; they howl like jackals.

Thanks for bringing the jackals.

Tim Tebow is Tim Tebow; he's earning a paycheck in the NFL; he's all that, and a truckload of Popeye's biscuits.

On this board, he represents a BAD MISTAKE. The Presence of your Hero has not provided one bit of stability to the team; but provided increased scrutiny that has tools like heath Evans howling whatever they want at the Jets; they howl like jackasses.

Thanks for bringing the jackasses.
    Fixed.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

On this board, he represents a BAD MISTAKE. The Presence of your Hero has not provided one bit of stability to the team; but provided increased scrutiny that has tools like heath Evans howling whatever they want at the Jets; they howl like jackals.

Thanks for bringing the jackals.
    Without making argument, It is not Tebows fault he was brought in.
    Should not all this anti Tebow rhetoric be focused to the GM and Owner?

All Tim has done is shown up, run 12 wildcat snaps,thrown 2 jump passes, and blocked for punts.

Is he somehow inducing anti Sanchez sediment, and i cant see it?

If we are going to criticize and insult every player on the Jets that is not good, there is a line forming to the left

Jets Insider VIP
    News Flash

Gary Myers tweets...

This just out The Jets taking a cue from their starting RG have just released Shonn Greene,,,, More to follow.....

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    News Flash

Gary Myers tweets...

This just out The Jets taking a cue from their starting RG have just released Shonn Greene,,,, More to follow.....
    Dare to dream...