Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PFT: Shonn Greene thinks itís time for a change at the quarterback position

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    This. The comedy of Shonn Greene thinking anther player is not talented enough is a joke. Maybe Greene is also a bible thumping christian and is just preaching on behalf his pastor.
    I want to cut them Jerry Manuel style.

Have to ask those who are knocking Green, have you ever stopped and looked at the actual blocking on most of our run plays ? I'm talking about the actual execution of the blocks along with the blocking schemes ?

Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Boy, the Jets must have really pissed off Jesus for not playing Tebow...whatís next? a Plague of Locusts?
    No relocating to Canada.

First off, let me say that Shonn Greene shouldn't be talking when he's about to lose his job to Khalil Bell BECAUSE HE SUCKS.

Greene is nothing but a Plodder in the mold of Busts like Ron Dayne(remember him?). It's obvious now that Thomas Jones/LT were the ones who carried his ass.

Now as far this goes :

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If you actually read the article he makes a lot of sense. He even says Tebow stinks in practice. Mark just needs to be benched at this point. If that means choosing between Tebow and that POS McElroy I'm taking Tebow every time. You seriously have nothing left to loose. Your OP hopes are gone and Mark just is not snapping out of it. Sometimes you need to bench a guy just to let him get his head on straight. He needs to be excited about getting on that field and right now he is not that.
    You would choose Teblow over the only other REAL QB we currently have on the Roster? I weep for you, man.

If anyone is a POS, it's Teblow. Not because he's a bad person but because he just plain SUCKS, Period.

It would be like replacing Mark Sanchez with Mark Sanchez(without an arm or QB'ing skills).

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

You would choose Teblow over the only other REAL QB we currently have on the Roster? I weep for you, man.

If anyone is a POS, it's Teblow. Not because he's a bad person but because he just plain SUCKS, Period.

It would be like replacing Mark Sanchez with Mark Sanchez(without an arm or QB'ing skills).
    I'm sorry, how many NFL games has McElroy played in and won again ? What's his record ?

First off, let me say that Shonn Greene shouldn't be talking when he's about to lose his job to Khalil Bell BECAUSE HE SUCKS.

Greene is nothing but a Plodder in the mold of Busts like Ron Dayne(remember him?). It's obvious now that Thomas Jones/LT were the ones who carried his ass.

Now as far this goes :

McElroy wasn't even a good college QB. Not even close. All this he won crap is useless. No his friggen team won guess what so did Tebows. McElroy is NOT a real QB. period.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    McElroy wasn't even a good college QB. Not even close. All this he won crap is useless. No his friggen team won guess what so did Tebows. McElroy is NOT a real QB. period.
    He did a good job at Alabama. Nothing earth shattering, but he made plays. Can't say that he was any worse than Brady was at Michigan.

Being an avg or less rb doesn't mean he wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Being an avg or less rb doesn't mean he wrong.
    Not really concerned with him being wrong or right. I just think it's funny that Greene, of all people, is calling for someone to be benched. That's like Hitler condemning genocide.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    This. The comedy of Shonn Greene thinking anther player is not talented enough is a joke. Maybe Greene is also a bible thumping christian and is just preaching on behalf his pastor.
    You hate you some Christianity.

BTW, was it mentioned in this article, or was that your little personal contribution to the thread.

LOL I agree, but Greene should be the last one talking.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sean "hot garbage" Green isn't talking is he. What a joke that dude is.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out shonn

Greene is horrible and shouldnt be talking about anyone else. We've needed a RB change for a while now. Greene, Sanchez, Rex, Tebow and Tanny all need to go

Undrafted Free Agent
    Greene is a grinder. He's a solid back. I can assure you he would thrive with #15 at the helm. That oft maligned O-Line would suddenly start to jell too.

Amazing what it does for a man's psyche when you start pushing the opponent around. Helps too to get the play call from a guy in the huddle who you know is as tough as nails and backs down from no one.

My money says the majority of the players on this team recognize it is time to sit Sanchez. Greene appears to be one of 'em.

Seems odd to me that a team that thinks it is "tough" refuses to let the ultimate "tough guy" show what he's got at the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    LOL I agree, but Greene should be the last one talking.
    Greene probably saw what Tebow did with McGahee last year and believes it could benefit him too. He's not so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Greene is a grinder. He's a solid back. I can assure you he would thrive with #15 at the helm. That oft maligned O-Line would suddenly start to jell too.

Amazing what it does for a man's psyche when you start pushing the opponent around. Helps too to get the play call from a guy in the huddle who you know is as tough as nails and backs down from no one.

My money says the majority of the players on this team recognize it is time to sit Sanchez. Greene appears to be one of 'em.

Seems odd to me that a team that thinks it is "tough" refuses to let the ultimate "tough guy" show what he's got at the QB position.
    Ain't that the truth! I don't know how Tebow keeps on going when he's hated on every day of the week. It just seems to make him work harder. How can a QB keep any self-confidence when he constantly reads and hears that he sucks as an NFL QB? Obviously nobody worries about Tebow's feelings like they do Sanchez's. My back would have already broken from the weight of all that hate.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Ain't that the truth! I don't know how Tebow keeps on going when he's hated on every day of the week. It just seems to make him work harder. How can a QB keep any self-confidence when he constantly reads and hears that he sucks as an NFL QB? Obviously nobody worries about Tebow's feelings like they do Sanchez's. My back would have already broken from the weight of all that hate.
    Suzy, what you forget is that unlike you and Mark Sanchez, Tebow doesn't have a vagina. He can handle it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Suzy, what you forget is that unlike you and Mark Sanchez, Tebow doesn't have a vagina. He can handle it :-)
    LOL I forgot I'm not the only girl on the team

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Handle WHAT?

WHERE ARE HIS SKILLS??