Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PFT: Shonn Greene thinks itís time for a change at the quarterback position

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few things:

Quote Bart Scott: "Wednesday practice is always sloppy.." -- hmm, I bet the Pats, Pack, 49ers, Texans, etc. don't say that.

And, it's been said plenty, but it's still so true, if Sanchez can't mentally handle a benching, he can't play in this league. Maybe a benching is what he needs to get that spark. Hit rock bottom, then challenge yourself to be great. If it hurts your feelings, go do something else.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Greene is a grinder. He's a solid back. I can assure you he would thrive with #15 at the helm. That oft maligned O-Line would suddenly start to jell too.
    No I don't believe your assurances.

Amazing what it does for a man's psyche when you start pushing the opponent around. Helps too to get the play call from a guy in the huddle who you know is as tough as nails and backs down from no one.
    He'd have a hard time pushing around Aaron Maybin.

My money says the majority of the players on this team recognize it is time to sit Sanchez. Greene appears to be one of 'em.
    Your money says "MONOPOLY".

Seems odd to me that a team that thinks it is "tough" refuses to let the ultimate "tough guy" show what he's got at the QB position.
    You're full of crap. Why can't he show what he has when he's in there?

He was supposed to be the Answer; Tannenbaum the good Christian can tell you that.

All the Jets got was an ego case that thinks he can stare down Bill Belichick, and his jostling hasn't helped settle the offense down one bit.

PASS.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teblow fans never cease to amaze me. Now it's "McElroy isn't a real QB"
    Just stop. You're all making yourselves look even more foolish than usual.

BTW, why no rebuttal to WCO's posts?

You're all ready to jump on me when i speak the obvious truth about your hero but when WCO says something, you all go into hiding. LOL!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Suzy, what you forget is that unlike you and Mark Sanchez, Tebow doesn't have a vagina. He can handle it :-)
    Tebow couldn't handle a vagina if it slapped him in the face...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Teblow fans never cease to amaze me. Now it's "McElroy isn't a real QB"
    Just stop. You're all making yourselves look even more foolish than usual.

BTW, why no rebuttal to WCO's posts?

You're all ready to jump on me when i speak the obvious truth about your hero but when WCO says something, you all go into hiding. LOL!
    Dude, wtf ? I rebut WCO pretty often. The one thing I definitely don't do is hide from him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post

You're full of crap. Why can't he show what he has when he's in there?

He was supposed to be the Answer; Tannenbaum the good Christian can tell you that.

Ummm, because our OC keeps sending in "Tebow up the middle" for the play call, and the oline uses straight up man to man blocking ?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shonn is the wrong person to say things like these. BUT kudos to him, because finally SOMEONE had to say this.

Mark can do anything and will be the starter next week. He can feel safe, no matter what he does. Rex loves him and I don't wonder why he's not stepping up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew the potential for a disaster was there all along... it always is with the Jets.

But wow. I didn't expect a near nuclear explosion before Thanksgiving.

This is really, REALLY bad. The players don't have any faith in either QB and they have all but given up completely.

Rex absolutely must bench Sanchez. It doesn't have to be for Tebow... but #6 has to sit. If any other player at any other position were performing this poorly, he would be riding the bench -- and those guys will lose all respect for Rex (if they haven't already) if he takes no action with the QB.

I can't even watch these bums anymore -- it's like flushing 4 hours of my life down the toilet every single week. And if they don't care, why should I?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Rex absolutely must bench Sanchez. It doesn't have to be for Tebow... but #6 has to sit. If any other player at any other position were performing this poorly, he would be riding the bench -- and those guys will lose all respect for Rex (if they haven't already) if he takes no action with the QB.
    Rex has shown that he has lost the locker room again and he is not a strong coach, who can make tough decisions. That'll cost the season and his job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He did a good job at Alabama. Nothing earth shattering, but he made plays. Can't say that he was any worse than Brady was at Michigan.
    No he was not the player that Brady was at Michigan. Carr fell in love with Henson's athleticism and every time henson **** the bed he was forced to go back to Brady. You look at the orange bowl game and tell me the McCelroy
    ever shown like that.

If Henson was not at Michigan Brady would have been picked in the 3rd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shonn Greene is Garbage.. he should be worried about his own terrible play.. your ass is getting the boot along with Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody else longing for Herm or Mangini?

We are such a fargin joke it is sad. No wonder why Greene always runs into Slauson's @ss. He is trying to hurt him for sticking up for Mark.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Landry Jones 2013!!!!!! Ha.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Anybody else longing for Herm or Mangini?

We are such a fargin joke it is sad. No wonder why Greene always runs into Slauson's @ss. He is trying to hurt him for sticking up for Mark.
    Herm? Hell no.

Mangini, not really. More than Herm, but no. He's a smart guy but I don't think he has the leadership skills necessary.

If only there was a way to combine the best qualities of Rex, Eric and Herman.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    longtime jets fans like myself have been to hell and back with this organization.

You got back?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shonn Greene should've been benched weeks ago and replaced by vs away. But we ****ed up that one

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    Shonn Greene should've been benched weeks ago and replaced by vs away. But we ****ed up that one
    Same with Sackchez ...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahahahaha! I was thinking the same thing!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol @ Greene thinking someone should be benched.
    Yeah, Shonn, next time you carry the ball, how about not going down like a cream puff after 2-3 yards? Instead of lowering your shoulder and falling as the first defender approaches, you look to make a f**king move to get around the guy for more yards?

Shonn, you need to sit, muchacho. You've shown yourself to be a JAG at best. With hope, you'll be shown the door at the end of the season. Another dick/bust.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, wtf ? I rebut WCO pretty often. The one thing I definitely don't do is hide from him.
    Don't ask don't tell buddy. Don't ask don't tell.