Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PFT: Shonn Greene thinks itís time for a change at the quarterback position

Jets Insider VIP
    Greene is now claiming his quotes were taken out of context and he is not advocating for a QB change.

Shonn Greene is happy with Mark Sanchez, just not the Jets' losing ways.

A source close to the running back said his quote was misinterpreted by Yahoo! Sports and he was not advocating a quarterback change from Sanchez to Tim Tebow. The source said Greene, who is expected to address the story later Thursday, meant the "change" was going from losing to winning.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...mrDbopHr3Q9tSI

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...back-position/

Itís a good thing the Jets arenít a circus.

To cap a day in which multiple Jets said backup quarterback Tim Tebow is ďterrible,Ē coach Rex Ryan called out the unnamed critics as cowardly, and Tebow expressed sadness at the situation, running back Shonn Greene went the other way, suggesting that maybe the clocks should finally be set to Tebow Time.

ďSomethingís got to change,Ē Greene told Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports. ďWhen you get to the point where youíre 3-6, and losing and losing, a couple of guys are like, ĎOh, what would happen [if Tebow played]? But guys at the same time have faith in Mark, so itís kind of an up-and-down thing.

ďYou feel bad for Mark, but at the same time you want to win games. Weíre not here to protect peopleís feelings. If you want to win games, youíve got to try something. If somebodyís not getting the job done, you see if somebody else can do it. Itís the same with coaching, or any position. You donít mean to belittle someone or say Ďhe sucks.í Thatís just the harsh reality.Ē

The problem is that itís now too late to switch to Tebow. If it works, and if the Jets actually start winning, it likely will be too late to help them get to the playoffs. Which would serve only to invite questions regarding why the Jets didnít make the change sooner.

The bigger problem is that the Jets appear to have the beginnings of a schism. Yes. Schism.

And it possibly wasnít an accident that Greene included coaching in his list of things that may need to be changed for the team to become successful.
    hey Greene, you know what change would nice? you not sucking

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Without making argument, It is not Tebows fault he was brought in.
    Should not all this anti Tebow rhetoric be focused to the GM and Owner?

All Tim has done is shown up, run 12 wildcat snaps,thrown 2 jump passes, and blocked for punts.

Is he somehow inducing anti Sanchez sediment, and i cant see it?

If we are going to criticize and insult every player on the Jets that is not good, there is a line forming to the left
    Where have I criticized Tim? I think he's got a very strong ego with tremendous character. He keeps working and working and I think he'll improve.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Greene is now claiming his quotes were taken out of context and he is not advocating for a QB change.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...mrDbopHr3Q9tSI

LOL, guy woke up and realized that if he burns his bridges in NY this could be his last shot at a starting job in the NFL and quickly recanted his comments. Not only is Greene an awful RB, he is a backstabber and now he is a coward that won't stand behind his own comments. Good luck getting another team to give you much more than the league minimum after this season.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I knew the potential for a disaster was there all along... it always is with the Jets.

But wow. I didn't expect a near nuclear explosion before Thanksgiving.

This is really, REALLY bad. The players don't have any faith in either QB and they have all but given up completely.

Rex absolutely must bench Sanchez. It doesn't have to be for Tebow... but #6 has to sit. If any other player at any other position were performing this poorly, he would be riding the bench -- and those guys will lose all respect for Rex (if they haven't already) if he takes no action with the QB.

I can't even watch these bums anymore -- it's like flushing 4 hours of my life down the toilet every single week. And if they don't care, why should I?
    I believe the outsiders here predicted this scenario when Tebow was acquired. Shouldn't be a big shock to any Jet fan here. Too many here drank the Sanchez koolaid for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Kind of funny coming from Greene, although nothing he said was wrong. I mean, I wonder what his thoughts are on the production out of the RB position though, he can't be too impressed
    That's the thing, isn't it?

We might be hearing more public criticism of Sanchez if guys weren't afraid of the backlash they might receive due to their own poor performance.

Cromartie is comfortable running his mouth because he's having a good year.

Comments from Greene and Slauson only carry so much weight (even though they both claim there comments were manipulated in one way or another).

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    First off, let me say that Shonn Greene shouldn't be talking when he's about to lose his job to Khalil Bell BECAUSE HE SUCKS.

Greene is nothing but a Plodder in the mold of Busts like Ron Dayne(remember him?). It's obvious now that Thomas Jones/LT were the ones who carried his ass.

Now as far this goes :

You would choose Teblow over the only other REAL QB we currently have on the Roster? I weep for you, man.

If anyone is a POS, it's Teblow. Not because he's a bad person but because he just plain SUCKS, Period.

It would be like replacing Mark Sanchez with Mark Sanchez(without an arm or QB'ing skills).

Yeah, but Tebow isn't a pu$$y!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I have never been a Tebow fan I am an FSU fan for the love of god. I even liked the draft pick of McElroy. That said he has done nothing to earn a shot as a starter. He is a POS with a big mouth and very little talent. He is not better then Sanchez or Tebow. He is not a pro QB or athlete in any way. period. He is a lesser version of Brock Berlin who I would rather have right now. He shouldn't be on this team and is just anther example of us holding onto crap that didn't work. No way in hell should he even be considered as our starter IMO. I'll take just about any other option. He just sucks that bad.

Sanchez sucks.

Teblow sucks even more.

We don't really *KNOW* if McElroy sucks also because he never got the chance to even play a down in the NFL!

(and if you think to bring up that Preseason game, DON'T. I'm talking REAL-TIME REAL REGULAR SEASON GAME here)

With Teblow, we know what we get : 56 minutes of suck followed by one solid drive and score.

With Sanchez, we know what we get : PAIN AND SUFFERING.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Doesn't matter if he doesn't have a vagina.....He still sucks just like Sanchez.

What's your point?
    Last edited by Vin; 11-15-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Yeah, at least he doesn't do the QB slide. Reading all these posts is starting to piss me off worse than watching a Jets game. We're worse than the frigging Jets locker room. What was all that crap I read about not personally attacking each other when we disagree? It's getting all stank up in here with bad gay jokes and personal attacks. Nobody says Mark or his fans are gay or suck balls. You won't hear a single Tebow fan call Sanchez a smegma or an anal fissure. Nor will you ever hear me call McElroy a bionic rimmer. How about we agree to disagree and use stats and facts to make our points. I mean, don't make me come over there, dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Yeah, at least he doesn't do the QB slide. Reading all these posts is starting to piss me off worse than watching a Jets game. We're worse than the frigging Jets locker room. What was all that crap I read about not personally attacking each other when we disagree? It's getting all stank up in here with bad gay jokes and personal attacks. Nobody says Mark or his fans are gay or suck balls. You won't hear a single Tebow fan call Sanchez a smegma or an anal fissure. Nor will you ever hear me call McElroy a bionic rimmer. How about we agree to disagree and use stats and facts to make our points. I mean, don't make me come over there, dudes.

Well said!

And you also won't hear me call you a bleepity-bleep either.

(nice sig choice, btw.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Well said!

And you also won't hear me call you a bleepity-bleep either.

(nice sig choice, btw.)
    Thanks Vin! Cro has been busting his a$$ lately on both sides of the ball. Saw your Cro quote and had to have it Our D has been b4lls to the wall and I love them for it. At least there ain't no quit in our D.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Not sure I get your point? Every NFL QB is taught to slide. In fact, in Sanchez's rookie season he was not doing the QB slide and was roundly criticized for it by many. The Jets even brought in Joe Girardi to teach Sanchez how to slide? Sliding or not sliding has zero relationship to being a succesful NFL QB, other than the distinct possibility of avoiding injury by sliding.

That said, ignore the personal attacks. They are made by posters with little else to offer.

BTW, I am firmly in the camp that Tebow simply does not have the skills to be an NFL QB. I'd love to see them teach him to play fullback. I think he could be alot like Mike Alstot or Peyton Hillis if put in the backfield full-time. I am also a firm believer in Tim Tebow as a leader and playmaker. I think some guys just have "it", and he is one of them. Sometimes I say a little prayer for God to tell Tim that he wants him to play fullback and carry the rock for the greater glory of God.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Not sure I get your point? Every NFL QB is taught to slide. In fact, in Sanchez's rookie season he was not doing the QB slide and was roundly criticized for it by many. The Jets even brought in Joe Girardi to teach Sanchez how to slide? Sliding or not sliding has zero relationship to being a succesful NFL QB, other than the distinct possibility of avoiding injury by sliding.

That said, ignore the personal attacks. They are made by posters with little else to offer.

BTW, I am firmly in the camp that Tebow simply does not have the skills to be an NFL QB. I'd love to see them teach him to play fullback. I think he could be alot like Mike Alstot or Peyton Hillis if put in the backfield full-time. I am also a firm believer in Tim Tebow as a leader and playmaker. I think some guys just have "it", and he is one of them. Sometimes I say a little prayer for God to tell Tim that he wants him to play fullback and carry the rock for the greater glory of God.
    I'm not one for Tim playing QB, but I don't understand why people think Tim would be good as a back. Tim is good at running when the play breaks down and things go schoolyard, but that is much different from running designed runs.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm not one for Tim playing QB, but I don't understand why people think Tim would be good as a back. Tim is good at running when the play breaks down and things go schoolyard, but that is much different from running designed runs.
    We'll probably never know, but IMO RB plays to his strengths, not QB. And he's the kind of player you want on the field. Could he really do any worse than Greene?

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    We'll probably never know, but IMO RB plays to his strengths, not QB. And he's the kind of player you want on the field. Could he really do any worse than Greene?
    Probably not, but I doubt he'd be any better. Now, if he'd be just blocking then that would be fine. We've actually seen him passblock and put a guy on the turf, so that lends credence to using Tim that way.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Anybody else longing for Herm or Mangini?

We are such a fargin joke it is sad. No wonder why Greene always runs into Slauson's @ss. He is trying to hurt him for sticking up for Mark.
    Me want herm back...and Shonn Green is right, how can the man run for yards when nobody's blocking. we suck and Revis is not coming back to this team next year mark these words. Revis aint coming back to the jets next season.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Me want herm back...and Shonn Green is right, how can the man run for yards when nobody's blocking. we suck and Revis is not coming back to this team next year mark these words. Revis aint coming back to the jets next season.

Are you serious?

How can a man run for yards IF HE KEEPS RUNNING INTO HIS OWN BLOCKERS????

yeah, exactly.