Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Unstoppable Tailspin

If we're gonna be bad, we might as well be "diarrhea after eating at an all you can eat mexican restaurant" bad. Let's go winless the rest of the way and get that #1 overall pick.

Who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Other than the Jacksonville game, the Jets will be underdogs in all their remaining games.

How can "a ton of bad teams" be favored over the Jets?
    Underdogs at home to the Cardinals who will probably be coming in here on a 7 game losing streak?

Just because your sorry team lost to them at home...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by extra714 View Post
    They certainly are better off 3-13 long term but it can't be by design, tanking is never a good idea. I'm at the point where I'd accept 3-13 to accelerate the rebuilding process but it has to be an honest 3-13.
    A 3-13 we can be proud of, so to speak.

I hate to rain on the "we're going 3-13" or those hoping we do crowd, but this team could still finish like 7-9. The majority of our remaining opponents are as no-hope as we are and Rex's D will be the best unit on the field in a lot of those matchups. We might even win this week. You think Sanchez is having a bad career? Sam Bradford says hi... as far as I can tell his career highlight is a win and you're in playoff game against the 6-9 Seahawks where he embarrassed himself. After that injuries, mediocre play, and a lot of losses. And he went #1! If we do win, it'll be like 13-10 and no one will be pumping their chests, but still... Rex's D even in a down year should dominate that terrible offense and several others we play the rest of the way.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    I agree with you. Any player who loses on purpose is not somebody I want on my team. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!
    I'm not sure there's a winner between "I care so little I gave up" vs "I tried my utmost and still sucked".

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Alot of you are saying tank the season for a high draft pick, 6-10 doesn't help us. Just out of curiosity, who would you take at say 3 overall over 10? I've been hearing it's a weak class for skill players, ie no Luck's or T Richardson type players. Is there really a top 3 player that would help us that much? I'm not trying to stir the pot, just wondering.
    Ideal scenario may be to have a top 3 pick and trade down with a team that covets a top 3 player, esp. a QB ... like Washington last year.

If we really are going into a major clear out / rebuild, quantity beats quality until you have yourself a stable core of good younger players. We do have some young guys already who MAY turn out to be part of that core in a year or two - Kerley, Hill, Davis, Coples, Wilkerson, Ellis all spring to mind straight away. So we aren't starting completely from scratch.

Scary thing is, I don't see this organisation committing to a long term program of investment, rather a series of short term patch ups. Unless Woody fires the lot of them and brings in a whole new team with exactly that remit. I guess we'll see at season's end how committed he is to building a winning team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post

Just because your sorry team lost to them at home...
    Yep, that "sorry" team is sitting is first place in the AFCE with a 3 game lead.

How's last place looking for you?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Yep, that "sorry" team is sitting is first place in the AFCE with a 3 game lead.

How's last place looking for you?
    At this point in the season, we certainly don't need the likes of you digging the knife in deeper.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    SEVERAL OF US....Been saying this for months and were brow beaten for it. I dont think its the GM's fault 100%. Tanny showed that he could draft pretty good before Woody Johnson descided to micro-manage and force both Favre and Tebow on the team. We are in trouble for a long time with Woody Johnson. I dont see this ever getting better as long as he is owner.
    FIXED.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    At this point in the season, we certainly don't need the likes of you digging the knife in deeper.
    True, my apologies.

You guys are doing a decent job yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Not the GM's fault? Wouldn't a REAL GM tell the owner "NO, you hired me to make football decisions and that is what I intend to do, if you want to act like Jerry Jones, fire me and make yourself the GM." So, it is entirely Tanny's fault for deferring to an owner (who may actually know even less about football than Tanny) on personnel decisions.
    Really? In this economic times he is going to quit his high priced salary and sacrifice the well being of his family? Dont see anyone in his position ever doing this unless money was not an issue in that person's life.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    FIXED.

True, my apologies.

Think Pats 1987 to 1993. 36 wins, 75 losses. 5 straight seasons of double digit losses. Marc Wilson, Hugh Millen, Rod Rust, Dick McPherson, ..... Have you broken out into a cold sweat yet? Because, my friend, unless the Pats pull a Manning/Luck or Montana/Young at QB, the dark days of meandering through the desert in search of a franchise QB will return as sure as the minutes tick by second by second.

Jets Insider VIP
    True, my apologies.

LMAO!

Really? In this economic times he is going to quit his high priced salary and sacrifice the well being of his family? Dont see anyone in his position ever doing this unless money was not an issue in that person's life.
    You make my point better than me. Tanny so lacks confidence in his abilities (for good reason) that he knows if Woody fires him no other NFL team would want him.

And I completely disagree that you don't see anyone in his position taking a stand against the boss unless he's already independently wealthy. It happens all the time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Think Pats 1987 to 1993. 36 wins, 75 losses. 5 straight seasons of double digit losses. Marc Wilson, Hugh Millen, Rod Rust, Dick McPherson, ......
    I was a Pats season ticket holder from 1982-1992.

I sat through that crap in a friggn' high school stadium.

I don't have to be reminded.

Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    The Jets have become unraveled, and the Locker room is as bad if not worse than last year. I would not surprised if they lose out the rest of the season.

The team has very little talent with the exception of a select few, which is Tannys fault. The finger pointing is already started, which means there is no way to right the ship at this point in the season.

Pour yourself a stiff drink for the rest of the games, because the Kotite Jets have returned. As Parcells would say, this is a team that does a lot of dumb things, and makes a lot of dumb mistakes.
    If we haven't hit rock bottom yet, this is gonna be a long scary ride...

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    If we're gonna be bad, we might as well be "diarrhea after eating at an all you can eat mexican restaurant" bad. Let's go winless the rest of the way and get that #1 overall pick.

Who's with me?

Not me, I wouldn't be able to handle the record amount of ridicule we would get from the national and local media, I would be too miserable, the #1 pick wouldn't be worth it to me and somehow we'd fvck it up anyway...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Been saying this for months. I dont think its the GM's fault 100%. Tanny showed that he could draft pretty good before Woody Johnson descided to micro-manage and force both Favre and Tebow on the team. We are in trouble for a long time with Woody Johnson. I dont see this ever getting better as long as he is owner.
    Favre was a GOOD thing until he got hurt and the injury was mishandled. The Jets were 8-3 and just beat a previously undefeated Titans team. Why do people spin Favre as a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Favre was a GOOD thing until he got hurt and the injury was mishandled. The Jets were 8-3 and just beat a previously undefeated Titans team. Why do people spin Favre as a bad thing?
    Because he didnt win, set back the team, was a cancer in the lockeroom, and was a part of the downfall of a promising young HC....