Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Unstoppable Tailspin

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Unstoppable Tailspin

The Jets have become unraveled, and the Locker room is as bad if not worse than last year. I would not surprised if they lose out the rest of the season.

The team has very little talent with the exception of a select few, which is Tannys fault. The finger pointing is already started, which means there is no way to right the ship at this point in the season.

Pour yourself a stiff drink for the rest of the games, because the Kotite Jets have returned. As Parcells would say, this is a team that does a lot of dumb things, and makes a lot of dumb mistakes.

J-E-S-T! JEST! JEST! JEST!

I'd almost rather watch terrible than mediocre, but they play a ton of other bad teams coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    The Jets have become unraveled, and the Locker room is as bad if not worse than last year. I would not surprised if they lose out the rest of the season.

The team has very little talent with the exception of a select few, which is Tannys fault. The finger pointing is already started, which means there is no way to right the ship at this point in the season.

Pour yourself a stiff drink for the rest of the games, because the Kotite Jets have returned. As Parcells would say, this is a team that does a lot of dumb things, and makes a lot of dumb mistakes.
    Been saying this for months. I dont think its the GM's fault 100%. Tanny showed that he could draft pretty good before Woody Johnson descided to micro-manage and force both Favre and Tebow on the team. We are in trouble for a long time with Woody Johnson. I dont see this ever getting better as long as he is owner.

Long term, the Jets would be better off finishing 3-13, then 6-10. Better draft picks, and a clear signal to clean house in the front office, coaching staff, aging players, and QB. The Jets would clearly benefit from a good, thorough cleansing.

And although Woody is criticized a lot, perhaps people have forgotten just how monumentally bad of an owner Leon Hess was. Woody is patient enough not to make rash decisions and desires to win enough to put his money where his mouth is. The man is no dummy, but it does take some time to gain enough confidence as an owner to recognize guys like Tanny and Rex are blowing smoke up your a$$ when they tell you "Don't worry, I got this" as the team implodes around them.

Hall Of Fame
    Can't blame Holmes this year.

We just plain suck and we have no leadership in the entire organization.

I expect them to finish 5-11, 6-10, based solely on the fact that their December schedule is extremely weak, but as a previous poster said, 3-13 would be a lot better.

Arizona is a mirror reflection of us, Jacksonville is one of maybe five teams worse than we are, Tennessee on the road will be tough, San Diego at home will be tough (always a December team and have the #2 run defense) and we own Buffalo, another team worse than we are.

Still think we enter December at 3-8 though.

All League
    TANK THE SEASON.

I want 3-13, a new GM, a new QB, a new OC and maybe a new HC. 6-10 gets us absolutely nothing, nothing.

Tank the season and go for the highest possible draft pick and clean house.

The Woody Johnson problem, which is our #1 problem isn't going anywhere, so you might as well start clean.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Can't blame Holmes this year.

We just plain suck and we have no leadership in the entire organization.
    Remember when everything was Plaxico Burress' fault, too?

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Been saying this for months. I dont think its the GM's fault 100%. Tanny showed that he could draft pretty good before Woody Johnson descided to micro-manage and force both Favre and Tebow on the team. We are in trouble for a long time with Woody Johnson. I dont see this ever getting better as long as he is owner.
    Not the GM's fault? Wouldn't a REAL GM tell the owner "NO, you hired me to make football decisions and that is what I intend to do, if you want to act like Jerry Jones, fire me and make yourself the GM." So, it is entirely Tanny's fault for deferring to an owner (who may actually know even less about football than Tanny) on personnel decisions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    I'd almost rather watch terrible than mediocre, but they play a ton of other bad teams coming up.
    Other than the Jacksonville game, the Jets will be underdogs in all their remaining games.

How can "a ton of bad teams" be favored over the Jets?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Other than the Jacksonville game, the Jets will be underdogs in all their remaining games.

How can "a ton of bad teams" be favored over the Jets?
    I think the answer can be found within the question.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Long term, the Jets would be better off finishing 3-13, then 6-10. Better draft picks, and a clear signal to clean house in the front office, coaching staff, aging players, and QB. The Jets would clearly benefit from a good, thorough cleansing.

And although Woody is criticized a lot, perhaps people have forgotten just how monumentally bad of an owner Leon Hess was. Woody is patient enough not to make rash decisions and desires to win enough to put his money where his mouth is. The man is no dummy, but it does take some time to gain enough confidence as an owner to recognize guys like Tanny and Rex are blowing smoke up your a$$ when they tell you "Don't worry, I got this" as the team implodes around them.
    They certainly are better off 3-13 long term but it can't be by design, tanking is never a good idea. I'm at the point where I'd accept 3-13 to accelerate the rebuilding process but it has to be an honest 3-13.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    TANK THE SEASON.

I want 3-13, a new GM, a new QB, a new OC and maybe a new HC. 6-10 gets us absolutely nothing, nothing.

Tank the season and go for the highest possible draft pick and clean house.

The Woody Johnson problem, which is our #1 problem isn't going anywhere, so you might as well start clean.
    At this point, this is really all we have to not play for, the highest draft pick we can get. But if Tannenbaum is doing the draft this April, we are royally screwed.

Veteran
    Alot of you are saying tank the season for a high draft pick, 6-10 doesn't help us. Just out of curiosity, who would you take at say 3 overall over 10? I've been hearing it's a weak class for skill players, ie no Luck's or T Richardson type players. Is there really a top 3 player that would help us that much? I'm not trying to stir the pot, just wondering.

Jets Insider VIP
    We get a higher pick in all 7 rounds so its worth it. We need to pull a redskins and take 2 qbs in this draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We get a higher pick in all 7 rounds so its worth it. We need to pull a redskins and take 2 qbs in this draft.
    In the 1965 Draft we took Namath with the 1st pick and the Heisman winner
    John Huarte in the 2nd rd..

Sanchez is chasing more tail????

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Alot of you are saying tank the season for a high draft pick, 6-10 doesn't help us. Just out of curiosity, who would you take at say 3 overall over 10? I've been hearing it's a weak class for skill players, ie no Luck's or T Richardson type players. Is there really a top 3 player that would help us that much? I'm not trying to stir the pot, just wondering.
    Honestly, no clue, but with Tanny at the controls, I'd rather pick 4,5,6 than 12,13,14...that's just me.

TANK THE SEASON.

Quote Originally Posted by extra714 View Post
    They certainly are better off 3-13 long term but it can't be by design, tanking is never a good idea. I'm at the point where I'd accept 3-13 to accelerate the rebuilding process but it has to be an honest 3-13.
    I agree with you. Any player who loses on purpose is not somebody I want on my team. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!