Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: The Unstoppable Tailspin

  1. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might not seem like it now, but the Jets actually could probably win 6 of the last 7 games...



    St. Louis - Definitely could win this game.

    Patriots - Probably a loss.

    Arizona - Very winnable game.

    Jacksonville - This is a win.

    Tennessee - Absolutely the Jets could win here.

    San Diego - Winnable.

    Buffalo - Already beat em, could beat em again.



    So basically, the Jets could be the first team since the '96 Jags to make the playoffs after starting 3-6. Actually, three teams have done this since 1990 so it can be done, and the Jets have a schedule that favors it.

  2. #42
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Might not seem like it now, but the Jets actually could probably win 6 of the last 7 games...



    St. Louis - Definitely could win this game.

    Patriots - Probably a loss.

    Arizona - Very winnable game.

    Jacksonville - This is a win.

    Tennessee - Absolutely the Jets could win here.

    San Diego - Winnable.

    Buffalo - Already beat em, could beat em again.



    So basically, the Jets could be the first team since the '96 Jags to make the playoffs after starting 3-6. Actually, three teams have done this since 1990 so it can be done, and the Jets have a schedule that favors it.
    Did you think the game against the Fins a few weeks back was most likely a win?

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yep, that "sorry" team is sitting is first place in the AFCE with a 3 game lead.

    How's last place looking for you?
    Just hope Ben is still hurting in that wildcard round or you guys will be 1 and done again

  4. #44
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Did you think the game against the Fins a few weeks back was most likely a win?
    He probably predicted Jets 35 Dolphins 3

  5. #45
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Did you think the game against the Fins a few weeks back was most likely a win?
    Not really, the Fins have a tough defense. I don't remember what I thought at the time, but I think I would have thought it would be a tough game.

  6. #46
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I was a Pats season ticket holder from 1982-1992.

    I sat through that crap in a friggn' high school stadium.

    I don't have to be reminded.
    Never forget the bad times, they make the good times all the more sweet.

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Not really, the Fins have a tough defense. I don't remember what I thought at the time, but I think I would have thought it would be a tough game.
    Well that Dolphin team has since lost to the Colts, Titans, and Bills. Does that change the equation at all?
    Last edited by SONNY WERBLIN; 11-16-2012 at 03:08 PM.

  8. #48
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,067
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Ideal scenario may be to have a top 3 pick and trade down with a team that covets a top 3 player, esp. a QB ... like Washington last year.

    If we really are going into a major clear out / rebuild, quantity beats quality until you have yourself a stable core of good younger players. We do have some young guys already who MAY turn out to be part of that core in a year or two - Kerley, Hill, Davis, Coples, Wilkerson, Ellis all spring to mind straight away. So we aren't starting completely from scratch.

    Scary thing is, I don't see this organisation committing to a long term program of investment, rather a series of short term patch ups. Unless Woody fires the lot of them and brings in a whole new team with exactly that remit. I guess we'll see at season's end how committed he is to building a winning team.
    I agree, but if no one can think of a player we'd covet in the top three, with all our holes, what are the chances that another team would find one? If it was a draft like last year, with luck, rgIII, and richardson, then I could see it. The way this draft is shaping up looks like it might be a good bet to see if the player you want slides out of that position. There will be players that are the best at their positions as in every year, but are there any "once in a decade" type of players as there were last year?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us