Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: obama's presser

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,145
    Post Thanks / Like

    obama's presser

    He inflated the debt in this country with an almost trillion dollar stimulus that hasn't worked, pushed through Obamacare on a party line vote that will only add to the deficit and throw our nations health plan into an abyss, and his answer for his 2nd term is 1.6 trillion in tax hikes...money that will be taken out of the private sector and given to the govt for redestributive purposes. This is insane. Since his reelection, the markets are rolling over...the dow is down over 600 points and the credit mkts are illiquid and down substantially. People with money to invest will take their ball and go home...we are seeing it already. God help us.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vorwarts!

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Entitlement spending has us drowning in debt, not tax rates.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Entitlement spending has us drowning in debt, not tax rates.
    All spending has drowned us in debt. It all needs to be on the table from the piddly amount given to PBS, to the duplicate nature of multiple government agencies doing the same jobs, to entitlements, to Obamacare, to massive defense spending and gross government waste. If someone would do something about the ridiculous spending issues our government has I wouldn't be against reasonable tax hikes. The problem is that there is no realistic reason to believe that higher taxes will not mean higher spending.

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    He inflated the debt in this country with an almost trillion dollar stimulus that hasn't worked, pushed through Obamacare on a party line vote that will only add to the deficit and throw our nations health plan into an abyss, and his answer for his 2nd term is 1.6 trillion in tax hikes...money that will be taken out of the private sector and given to the govt for redestributive purposes. This is insane. Since his reelection, the markets are rolling over...the dow is down over 600 points and the credit mkts are illiquid and down substantially. People with money to invest will take their ball and go home...we are seeing it already. God help us.
    Just imagine how great everything would be today if the Mittster had pulled it out.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Just imagine how great everything would be today if the Mittster had pulled it out.
    I believe a robust economy is the best antidote...Mitt was the man for that. Oh well.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    All spending has drowned us in debt. It all needs to be on the table from the piddly amount given to PBS, to the duplicate nature of multiple government agencies doing the same jobs, to entitlements, to Obamacare, to massive defense spending and gross government waste. If someone would do something about the ridiculous spending issues our government has I wouldn't be against reasonable tax hikes. The problem is that there is no realistic reason to believe that higher taxes will not mean higher spending.
    Totally agree...I believe Simpson Bowles...Obama's deficit commission, had the same ideas. He called their recommendations "a framework for a conversation". So he ignored them...

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Totally agree...I believe Simpson Bowles...Obama's deficit commission, had the same ideas. He called their recommendations "a framework for a conversation". So he ignored them...
    before or after Paul Ryan led a group of house Republicans to kill it?
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-15-2012 at 10:34 AM.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    805
    Post Thanks / Like

    It is just to damn bad ain't it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    He inflated the debt in this country with an almost trillion dollar stimulus that hasn't worked, pushed through Obamacare on a party line vote that will only add to the deficit and throw our nations health plan into an abyss, and his answer for his 2nd term is 1.6 trillion in tax hikes...money that will be taken out of the private sector and given to the govt for redestributive purposes. This is insane. Since his reelection, the markets are rolling over...the dow is down over 600 points and the credit mkts are illiquid and down substantially. People with money to invest will take their ball and go home...we are seeing it already. God help us.

  10. #10
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    The most interesting moment of that press conference was what Obama said in response to McCain and Graham criticizing Susan Rice over Benghazi -- "That's outrageous; you come after me!"

    I'm pretty sure Romney did go after him in the 2nd debate on that very issue, and he deflected his argument by insisting that just asking him about it was "insulting." Can't have it both ways, Mr. President.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us