Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Woody, you got what you wanted.

Hall Of Fame

Congratulations Woody, you got what you wanted.

Well looks like Woody's plan worked. Every sports related show has been talking about the Jets this morning. For a 3-6 team they are the topic of choice across the air-waves. Plus with the Giants bye week, he gets to enjoy a whole week of Jets dominated headlines. After a disappointing loss to the Rams this week, Woody's plan will be complete when he gets to unveil his toy on national TV on Thanksgiving night. Great times.

Jets Insider VIP
    If I bought a PSL, I'd sue.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Psl's almost sold out, that's almost all he ever wanted.

Yup, and I'm one of those suckers locked into a PSL with no way out. To even think that his goal was to put quality product onto the field was very naive of me.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    Yup, and I'm one of those suckers locked into a PSL with no way out. To even think that his goal was to put quality product onto the field was very naive of me.
    This is the down side of the "investment", can't break even on seats or tix, but I didn't get in it for that and anyone who did is an idgiot. However, it is still possible for it to happen.

Well, it's always nice to be the laughing stock of the league. Gotta make this team known in some way....and not the way us fans would like.

I'm in the same boat brother.

We could walk and potentially be sued, but if thousands walked I doubt the Jets would come after you unless your PSL's were in the $10,000 per seat plus range

I'm seriously considering walking after the season. I'm LLEZ, they've received my down payment and now three years of tickets and installments, so I don't think they'd come after. Cancelling the credit card to make sure they don't go that route wouldn't be a problem either.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    This is the down side of the "investment", can't break even on seats or tix, but I didn't get in it for that and anyone who did is an idgiot. However, it is still possible for it to happen.
    Next year Pittsburgh comes to town. I will be there unless the game falls on Week 6 (wedding). Kinda hoping it does so I can make some serious dough. Some serious dough.

My advice to anyone who wants out of a PSL is to get homeless people to sit in your seats for every game until the Jets let you out of your PSL agreement.

Woody the Wood Pecker!

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I'm in the same boat brother.

We could walk and potentially be sued, but if thousands walked I doubt the Jets would come after you unless your PSL's were in the $10,000 per seat plus range

I'm seriously considering walking after the season. I'm LLEZ, they've received my down payment and now three years of tickets and installments, so I don't think they'd come after. Cancelling the credit card to make sure they don't go that route wouldn't be a problem either.
    I'm as pissed as everybody else, and own a PSL, and I'm not walking away. A couple of sub par seasons, and you are ready to pack it in ? That's why New York based teams for the most part, have the most front runners. There is no way when you signed up for the seats that we weren't going to have some down seasons. Tough it out, brother!
    Last edited by Mickey Shuler; 11-15-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    My advice to anyone who wants out of a PSL is to get homeless people to sit in your seats for every game until the Jets let you out of your PSL agreement.
    Mwahaha I love your devious plan

Hall Of Fame
    brilliant.

Let's see Roth is possibly out for the season in Pittsburg, Eli Manning is in a funk and the Eagles who were favored to win it all have a QB who can't win games and has butter on his hands but let's talk about the 3-6 Jets

All League
    **** woody

he'll always be second class to the mara's no matter how much press our team gets
    you know, the owners that don't give a **** about the press, they care more about going for superbowls.

Jets Insider VIP
    Many years ago..a friend backed out on a wedding and the wedding hall said not only will we NOT refund your 10K deposit, we will sue you for the remaining 20K.

He said..fine. I dont want the 10K, you can keep it. BUT if you wont release me from the contract, im gonna march 200 people from the Salvation army in here on Saturday night.

They released him

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler View Post
    I'm as pissed as everybody else, and own a PSL, and I'm not walking away. A couple of sub par seasons, and you are ready to pack it in ? That's why New York based teams for the most part, have the most front runners. There is no way when you signed up for the seats that we weren't going to have some down seasons. Tough it out, brother!
    As much as I say I'll walk, I've been going since '95 so I doubt I will, but it's gotten to that point for the first time in my life that I'm actually considering walking away, and that speaks volumes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    As much as I say I'll walk, I've been going since '95 so I doubt I will, but it's gotten to that point for the first time in my life that I'm actually considering walking away, and that speaks volumes.
    I dont have the financial commitment of PSLs so I am not in your situation BUT..from a fan standpoint, I am as emotionally UN attached now as I was in 1995.

I will always be a fan in waiting.... but this is as bad or worse than the Coslett to Kotite era so I hear you loud and clear.

All the money in the world can't change the fact that Woody is a bonafide loser.

Such pointless melodrama.