Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

Thread: Did any of you really think we would be even decent?

  1. #1

    Did any of you really think we would be even decent?

    It never fails to amaze me how many fans can be so positive when all signs point to a horrible season. Did all of you who were predicting 9 and 10 win seasons really believe that? As soon as we signed Tebow I knew it was over. Sure they threw me for a little loop when we played the Bills but it has been all down hill from there. So the question is did you really really think we would be good or did you just wish and hope?

  2. #2
    What we didn't expect was Mark going downhill so fast this year.....


    What we didn't expect was all the INJURIES that plagued this team this year...


    What we didn't expect was Shonn Greene being a huge pile of worthless crap this year....





    You know what we DID expect, though?


    REX RYAN BEING A COMPLETE MORON.

    SPARANO BEING A COMPLETE MORON.

    TANNY BEING A COMPLETE BALD-HEADED BUFFOON.

    WOODY BEING A SILVER-SPOON-STUCK-UP-HIS-ASS RICH BOY.


    and


    THE JETS ONCE AGAIN KILLING US AND RIPPING OUR SOULS FROM OUR BODIES.

  3. #3
    I at least thought the defense would be stellar.

  4. #4
    ^ okay....you have to be another poster who was banned or something.

    I mean....Smellyfarts? REALLY?

  5. #5
    I'm glad **** is hitting the fan ... Only way to inspire regime change.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,835
    I thought we had a chance to win 9-10 games.

    Looking at the additions on D, I thought we would easily be a Top 5 Defense. Then was expecting Mark to step up and build on last year, where he has improved slow but steadily up until this year. Hoped Sparano would get the run game going, Tebow play the Brad Smith role well and Sanchez would quiet the Tebow Lovers by playing half decent at least and win more than we lose. Add in our usual top tier Special Teams and I thought we would be between 7-10 wins.

    We lost Revis, Holmes, and Sanchez confidence. Sparano was a move I have to kill Rex for, and I am a Rex supporter......but that might of sealed his fate unfortunately, in my opinion.

  7. #7
    With all the drama Tebow brings to any team he plays for you knew it was only a matter of time before things got really really bad.
    Here is what we knew going in to this season.

    We have a QB who is young could not win games by himself.
    Shonn Greene is horrible
    Holmes is a piece of crap
    Even our D when very very good never could make the big stop.
    Our Oline has been overated for years.
    Still could not cover TE


    Of course every single thing on this list went from bad to horrible but when you looked at our talent early on you knew we had no chance. This is not the least bit surprising to me.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,349
    Quote Originally Posted by SmellyFarts View Post
    I at least thought the defense would be stellar.
    Yeah same here. Looked good on paper and Rex hasn't ever coached a defense worse than 6th.

    I knew the offense would suck though, the skill players are the worst in the league. There's not another team without at least one very good receiver, runningback or TE. Didn't expect Sanchez to come unglued though.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    What we didn't expect was Mark going downhill so fast this year.....


    What we didn't expect was all the INJURIES that plagued this team this year...


    What we didn't expect was Shonn Greene being a huge pile of worthless crap this year....





    You know what we DID expect, though?


    REX RYAN BEING A COMPLETE MORON.

    SPARANO BEING A COMPLETE MORON.

    TANNY BEING A COMPLETE BALD-HEADED BUFFOON.

    WOODY BEING A SILVER-SPOON-STUCK-UP-HIS-ASS RICH BOY.


    and


    THE JETS ONCE AGAIN KILLING US AND RIPPING OUR SOULS FROM OUR BODIES.
    take it easy on the bald headed thing...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I'm glad **** is hitting the fan ... Only way to inspire regime change.
    Agreed. The worst thing that could happen is for us to go 9-7 and have Woody think, "Hmm...we're not so bad, I guess! Onward!".

    Losing out would help not only in regime change, but draft position as well.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Agreed. The worst thing that could happen is for us to go 9-7 and have Woody think, "Hmm...we're not so bad, I guess! Onward!".

    Losing out would help not only in regime change, but draft position as well.

    Problem is Woody is a major part of the problem. No way Rex and Tanny wanted to bring in Tebow. They all need to go. I think they need to blow this entire team up and start again. We can all wish Woody would sell the team but thats not happening. So it would be nice to bring in a guy who wont take crap from him and tell him to draft or trade for.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,207
    I thought as long as Sanchez played like he did in the first 13 weeks of 2011, and the issues with Holmes appeared straightened out, that with our schedule, 9-10 wins was probable.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,835
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    With all the drama Tebow brings to any team he plays for you knew it was only a matter of time before things got really really bad.
    Here is what we knew going in to this season.

    We have a QB who is young could not win games by himself.
    Shonn Greene is horrible
    Holmes is a piece of crap
    Even our D when very very good never could make the big stop.
    Our Oline has been overated for years.
    Still could not cover TE


    Of course every single thing on this list went from bad to horrible but when you looked at our talent early on you knew we had no chance. This is not the least bit surprising to me.
    While they have given up GW drives they have also held it down when it mattered most as well, its just not as memorable because its expected.

    2009
    Pats within 7 points or less all 4th qtr, still we won
    Titans within 7 or less all 4th qtr, won by 7
    2nd Bills game same story, all 4th down less than 1 score we win still
    SD Playoff game we had HUGE stops with game on line, in a 1 score game (Rhodes fumble, Leonhard pick to lead to our first TD)

    2010
    Held Pats scoreless in 2nd half, ended up scoring a TD in 4th to extend to 2 score lead
    Stopped Miami on their chance to tie the game on final drive
    Stopped Minnesota with a Pick 6 when they were down less than a TD final drive
    Stopped Denver on final drive with forced fumble when up 4
    HUGE final drive stop at Pitt with them down 5
    Indy Playoff game had HUGE D stops, and held them to FGs in their own building, setting the O up for the W
    NE playoff game was a D masterpiece......still we held them on a long drive that resulted in no points midway through 4th qtr when looked like NE was gonna take momentum

    2011
    Dallas game HUGE stop multiple occasions in 2nd half, including game winning pick to set up FG
    Big stops vs SD, including a INT by Wilson on final drive
    Stopped Bills on final drive, ya whats his face should of caught a potential GW pass, should of would of could of
    GW play by Maybin to sack and put Washington away



    Yes there are plenty of examples of other teams getting GW drives as well, but to say we never come up big is just looking at it one sided. In todays NFL, the D is always at a disadvantage, but still didnt stop them from coming up big in the 4th atleast 3-4 times a year minimum
    Last edited by PaPZ187; 11-14-2012 at 10:48 PM.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,117
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    I thought we had a chance to win 9-10 games.

    Looking at the additions on D, I thought we would easily be a Top 5 Defense. Then was expecting Mark to step up and build on last year, where he has improved slow but steadily up until this year. Hoped Sparano would get the run game going, Tebow play the Brad Smith role well and Sanchez would quiet the Tebow Lovers by playing half decent at least and win more than we lose. Add in our usual top tier Special Teams and I thought we would be between 7-10 wins.

    We lost Revis, Holmes, and Sanchez confidence. Sparano was a move I have to kill Rex for, and I am a Rex supporter......but that might of sealed his fate unfortunately, in my opinion.
    Agree, except easily and top tier.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,289
    I have to admit, things are worse than I expected but only slightly. I predicted 5-11, 6-10 before the season.

    Fully expected the offense to be bad. Yes, this bad. Sparano sucked in Miami, making him a Jet would not change things. Expected Sanchez to be inaccurate and make poor decisions, he has shown that his entire career. Doesn't just change b.c it is Year 4.

    I expected the run D to suck. It has never been great, no matter what the stats say. Teams have always hurt us on the edges, now everyone knows about it and exploits it. I will say we have done a better job on the TE than I have expected. But the TEs have hurt us in crucial situations. I don't get caught up in Overall Rankings so whether we are #1, #5 or #15 doesn't bother me. This defense has rarely come up big when we needed them to. Didn't expect Harris to age in dog years. Oy, THAT contract .

    Only thing I didn't expect were the struggles on STs. Although I did say that having Tebow as PP would come back to bite and it did on the blocked punt.

    Another thing I didn't expect was for Rex to show absolutely ZERO GROWTH as a HC. He has proven that he learned NOTHING from last year. He is as ignorant as ever towards this team's problems. My expectations were never high but I did expect to see some growth.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 11-15-2012 at 09:33 AM.

  16. #16
    Yes, I believed this team could win 9 or 10 games, otherwise I wouldn't have said it. I did however also could see this team only winning 5 or 6 games. This season was poised to go in one of two directions, and it's obviously going the latter.

    I feel sorry for those who actually thought this team had a chance of winning 11-12 games.

    I had them at 8-8 or 9-7, with an outside shot of 10-6.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post

    I feel sorry for those who actually thought this team had a chance of winning 11-12 games.
    I know one poster who "guaranteed" 12 wins.

  18. #18
    I thought that if all went right the team could be a playoff team. I thought getting Coples would generate more sacks watching him in pre season. I thought the safety position was upgraded.

    I approved of the Tebow move because I thought A) They were going to run enough wildcat as to make it a good part of our offense thus taking pressure off of sanchez and B) That Tebows work ethic and winning attitude would rub off on sanchez.

    The team is a major disappointment and the most disappointing part is the head coach and gm. I can't tell if they are lying to our faces each time they open their mouths or if they really are that stupid when defending certain parts of the team.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I know one poster who "guaranteed" 12 wins.
    LOL.

    Me too.

  20. #20
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    260
    Just based on the what appeared to be a weak second half schedule I thought 8-8 possible... now all bets are off

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us