Thread: Any chance this whole thing was planned?

Lightbulb Any chance this whole thing was planned?

Clearly this team has potential to be great. The defense obviously has the parts in place, and on offense we have a bunch of raw talents that are not playing to their potential.

Greene, Hill, Kerley, Keller, Sanchez... these guys all have Pro Bowl potential but just aren't playing as they should.

So, my question:

Is there any chance that they threw these games on purpose? Maybe 10-6 was planned all along, and they knew they had the talent to win the late games so they started 3-6 on purpose? Could you imagine the momentum you'd have going into a wild card game on a 7 game winning streak?

So, what do you think? Is there any chance that this has all been for show to get everyone to think poorly of us, and we're going to come out and destroy our next 7 opponents? I do.

notsureifsrs.jpg

this is almost as good as the cadaver x-ray post.

All League
    Obviously this was not the plan. And this team is likely horrible. But there is still some credence to the notion this team can go 9-7.

a) they've done this before
    b) the back end of the schedule is horrible

We have now entered the "Eternal Champion" zone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    Clearly this team has potential to be great. The defense obviously has the parts in place, and on offense we have a bunch of raw talents that are not playing to their potential.

Greene, Hill, Kerley, Keller, Sanchez... these guys all have Pro Bowl potential but just aren't playing as they should.
    The Jets have one of the weakest rosters in the NFL.

They have zero playmakers on both sides of the ball, no depth whatsoever and a HC who doesn't have a clue.

Not too mention they also have the worst starting QB in the entire NFL.

Outside of that, where do you see the potential for the Jets to be a "great" team?

I'm not sure why everything has to have 10 levels of deception. Maybe it's just as simple as poor preparation in the offseason and the regular season.

I see this everywhere and not just the Jets BTW... people come up with these elaborate schemes that only Kaiser Soze (Usual Suspects movie) could dream up.

Why was this moved?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Jets have one of the weakest rosters in the NFL.

They have zero playmakers on both sides of the ball, no depth whatsoever and a HC who doesn't have a clue.

Not too mention they also have the worst starting QB in the entire NFL.

Outside of that, where do you see the potential for the Jets to be a "great" team?
    This coupled with the fact that we don't have 1 back that gets the most out of an opportunity when there is good blocking is killing this team.
    It was funny watching the Saints last week & I'm thinking, holy chit, they have 3 RBs better than the Jets starter! Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram & Ivory are all better than Greene!
    Steelers too have 3 backs better than Greene.
    Shane Vareen is probably better than Greene.
    The NY Giants have 3 RBs better than Greene.
    Wow, the more I look around the league this is pretty sad.