Thread: Rex never regained the lockeroom from last year

Rex never regained the lockeroom from last year

According to Wayne Hunter, Rex still employs an open locker room. Which obviously explains why all these comments are coming out of the woodwork and into the possession of the media.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1202326

“I got sick of guys doing that,” Hunter said. “I spoke about that. That sucks.”

Hunter, who was traded to the Rams for Jason Smith in August after struggling with the Jets last year and again in preseason games, paused for a moment.

“But then Rex (Ryan) gives an open locker room,” said Hunter, who has played in seven games this season while battling a back injury. “He knows the personalities.”
    I'm starting to miss the Mangini induced gag orders he had on the players. I never thought I'd say that.

This bullsh!t that Rex fed us in the offseason that he was going to clamp down and repair the lockeroom issues....turned out to be a bag of hot air.

All League
    He NEVER HAD THE LOCKERROOM AND HE NEVER WILL.

That strategy works well as long as teams are winning and facing no adversity, the moment tough times hit all hell breaks loose.

Jets Insider VIP
    This was the same problem in Baltimore. The lockerroom was split between offense and defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    He NEVER HAD THE LOCKERROOM AND HE NEVER WILL.
    Ummm this!!!!

I can't even imagine if this stuff was going on with Edwards and Mangini as the HC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    This was the same problem in Baltimore. The lockerroom was split between offense and defense.
    Except there were players like ray lewis, suggs, ed reed, etc who were TRUE LEADERS who kept everyone in line.

Unfortunately for his career, Rex bet on bart scott, holmes, and sanchez providing leadership in our lockerroom

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Except there were players like ray lewis, suggs, ed reed, etc who were TRUE LEADERS who kept everyone in line.

Unfortunately for his career, Rex bet on bart scott, holmes, and sanchez providing leadership in our lockerroom
    Lewis, Reed, Ngata and Suggs made Rex's career. He's been absolutely average without them.

I have an honest question-Rex has been here for 4 years now, can anyone once recall a moment in a game where you remember a strategic defensive call that really made a difference in the game at the moment?I'm talking like a well hidden zone coverage, or a cb blitz, something of an actual chess like moment during the heat of the game? I sure can't.

Rex's defense is predicated on one thing-players. Really good players. He runs a straight up man defense, no strategy except an occasional overload blitz on one side or the other. As our players have declined, so too has our defense and he has made zero adjustments at all.

I know Rex is a football guy and has been around it all his life. I'm not trying to say he's clueless, but IMO he's far less the genius we'd all like to think he is and far more a beneficiary of some really great players in both BAL and here.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I have an honest question-Rex has been here for 4 years now, can anyone once recall a moment in a game where you remember a strategic defensive call that really made a difference in the game at the moment?I'm talking like a well hidden zone coverage, or a cb blitz, something of an actual chess like moment during the heat of the game? I sure can't.

Rex's defense is predicated on one thing-players. Really good players. He runs a straight up man defense, no strategy except an occasional overload blitz on one side or the other. As our players have declined, so too has our defense and he has made zero adjustments at all.

I know Rex is a football guy and has been around it all his life. I'm not trying to say he's clueless, but IMO he's far less the genius we'd all like to think he is and far more a beneficiary of some really great players in both BAL and here.
    to sum up your post, Rex shouldn't be a HC.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post

Not one particular play call but the game plan for the NE playoff game in 2010 was brilliant... his finest moment... seems like a lifetime ago

Quote Originally Posted by OneTime View Post
    Not one particular play call but the game plan for the NE playoff game in 2010 was brilliant... his finest moment... seems like a lifetime ago
    too bad he sh!t the bed the very next week against the steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    to sum up your post, Rex shouldn't be a HC.
    And if I'm reading it right, he's really not a good DC either without a bunch of all-pro players.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    too bad he sh!t the bed the very next week against the steelers.
    Not sure missed tackles, dropped INTs and dumb penalties are all on the HC... these guys are paid professionals they shouldn't need motivation from the coach in a Championship game

I remember in 2009, I couldn't wait to see our defense get on the field. We were that good. But as it's trending here in Jetland, Rex is nothing more than a bag of hot air, the air is chilly now, and that bag is slowly descending back down to earth beaten and torn from elemental damage.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    And if I'm reading it right, he's really not a good DC either without a bunch of all-pro players.
    You may be right with both our coach & our QB

But in this league tell me what coaches have success unless they have 1st, a talented QB & 2nd, some talented players.
    Look at the Pats
    It starts with TB12
    Packers
    Aaron Rogers
    Falcons? They sucked until Matty Ice got there
    Saints? Imagine how bad they would be without Brees, I think their D is worse than the Pats
    Steelers? Lets see how they look over the next 3/4 weeks
    Broncos? Imagine that, Payton Manning shows up & they are Bowl contenders

You can't have a SHUT DOWN defense anymore because the rules are so slanted to the offense, which makes it even worse for a team lacking at QB. The rules have actually given teams with top QBs even more distance from an average team with an above average defense.
    Last weeks Pats vs Bills game was a perfect example with 2 really bad PI calls that put the Pats on the 1 yard line twice.
    Passing downfield results in a lot of PI calls nowadays.

Rex can't control his bowel movements let alone a locker room.