Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: That's some 16th birthday party

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I'm chuckling at your story, but deep down still scared I'm gonna get whacked for it. All of us who went through those schools have similar stories.

The one which put the fear of God into us at my high school involved a brother who flew over his desk to grab a kid, then hang him by his ankles out a window. All this for having the gumption to "answer back". This was from the third story of the building.

Like you, I never got the whole Christian Brother concept. You're not a fully fledged priest, but you still can't marry? WTF?

I'ts like voluntarily neutering yourself, but with less power and less clout. Maybe they just hate them selves. They certainly hated kids - or at least that's what it felt like. It was like a reign of terror.

Of course, all of the 'troubled' kids got sent there, in hopes that Catholic School would 'straighten them out'. It never worked, and it was always the same kids getting into trouble all the time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I'm applying for a position locally, bought a new belt.

-
    Make sure Sears has the cheapest black suit they import from Estonia in stock.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I'ts like voluntarily neutering yourself, but with less power and less clout. Maybe they just hate them selves. They certainly hated kids - or at least that's what it felt like. It was like a reign of terror.

Of course, all of the 'troubled' kids got sent there, in hopes that Catholic School would 'straighten them out'. It never worked, and it was always the same kids getting into trouble all the time.
    Without a shred of exaggeration, the amount of insanely violent/crazy kids in my school dwarfed those of neighboring public schools. Always tons of fights, car break-ins, etc.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Without a shred of exaggeration, the amount of insanely violent/crazy kids in my school dwarfed those of neighboring public schools. Always tons of fights, car break-ins, etc.
    But not you two miscreants, right?

Pot meet kettle?

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOLz...was thinking the same thing.

All those "others" kids.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Pot meet kettle?

-

Comparatively speaking, I was one of the more 'normal' ones.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any Catholic school abuse I got was at the hands of nuns, who are pure evil incarnate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    one word or phrase can be the difference between a very good post and a great post.
    Agreed, if bauxite was actually found within coal ore and not really aluminum ore, which is a completely separate entity and nowt to do with coal ore.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

You had pencils? Our school day began at sunup with us trapping, killing, and de-feathering local birds to begin the arduous quill fashioning process.

Plus, all our computers were coal-fired, so you had to make sure you had enough bauxite rich coal available, and were able to stoke it constantly during your program run. If not, pffft, your program was lost and you received a failing grade.
    Great post.

But of course we had it rough. Ours wasn't one of those bauxite rich boy schools. Our school day began at midnight, half an hour before we went to bed. Every day we had to catch and kill grizzly bears with our bare hands. Then we rendered the fat to fuel the computers. If one of our programs failed, our teachers. would kill us and dance on our bones.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 11-16-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Agreed, if bauxite was actually found within coal ore and not really aluminum ore, which is a completely separate entity and nowt to do with coal ore.
    I'll give you one of comedy's secrets: Certain words sound funny, especially those with a hard "c" or "x". As an example, "catch the ketchup" has more comedic weight than "grab the mayo".

In this case, even though I understood bauxite's uses, I thought it wise to take a bit of poetic license (So you understand, it's not really a license all, but a way for all writers (aspiring or seasoned) to "fudge the facts" in order to make a piece function for the intended purpose(s), as it were) and incorporate its use for the reason I specified above.

Second comedy secret: Never explain a joke. Folks get it or not. You don't.

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Great post.

But of course we had it rough. Ours wasn't one of those bauxite rich boy schools. Our school day began at midnight, half an hour before we went to bed. Every day we had to catch and kill grizzly bears with our bare hands. Then we rendered the fat to fuel the computers. If one of our programs failed, our teachers. would kill us and dance on our bones.
    LOL. Much like beef tallow, getting the stench of the behemoth-sized carnivore's rendered fat from one's clothes is a monumental feat.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope that certain age is over 8.

-
    Actually I think 13 but it could be younger lol

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    And that we're talking about sons, not daughters.
    lol Sons only the daughters get harassed outside of their junior highs by old pedophiles

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have Chinese dentist, what time is the appointment?

2:30

Tooth Hurtee

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post

lol Sons only the daughters get harassed outside of their junior highs by old pedophiles

So everybody wins!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post

Just wow on the new avatar image.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wow on the new avatar image.
    Tim Tebow is not good enough a QB to get a series running the offense.

But he is good enough to run square out patterns as a primary receiver.

All you need to know about the Tanny/Rex/Tony brain trust.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Tim Tebow is not good enough a QB to get a series running the offense.

But he is good enough to run square out patterns as a primary receiver.

All you need to know about the Tanny/Rex/Tony brain trust.
    LOL. WTF?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll give you one of comedy's secrets: Certain words sound funny, especially those with a hard "c" or "x". As an example, "catch the ketchup" has more comedic weight than "grab the mayo".

In this case, even though I understood bauxite's uses, I thought it wise to take a bit of poetic license (So you understand, it's not really a license all, but a way for all writers (aspiring or seasoned) to "fudge the facts" in order to make a piece function for the intended purpose(s), as it were) and incorporate its use for the reason I specified above.

Second comedy secret: Never explain a joke. Folks get it or not. You don't.

LOL. Much like beef tallow, getting the stench of the behemoth-sized carnivore's rendered fat from one's clothes is a monumental feat.
    Well that was tejious. As my writing skills far exceed all others read here, I don't require any tips. Others may hungrily welcome tips at every opportunity.

I have a very low tolerance for people passing off bauxite as coal willy-nilly, joking about it then accusing me of not getting the joke. Take it ore leave it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Any Catholic school abuse I got was at the hands of nuns, who are pure evil con carne.
    With or without beans?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well that was tejious. As my writing skills far exceed all others read here, I don't require any tips. Others may hungrily welcome tips at every opportunity.

I have a very low tolerance for people passing off bauxite as coal willy-nilly, joking about it then accusing me of not getting the joke. Take it ore leave it.
    Frazier and Niles in the hampur. Who woulda thunk it?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a very low tolerance for people passing off bauxite as coal willy-nilly, joking about it then accusing me of not getting the joke.
    God, you must be fun at parties.