Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woody: i didn't sign up for 3-6

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Woody: i didn't sign up for 3-6

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn-up-for-a-36

Wasnt he saying not long ago that he was more concerned with Romney than the Jets being successful?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    neither did I...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's clueless.

L.A. Jets anyone?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...xperience.html

New York Jets owner Woody Johnson said the team’s season so far has been a “miserable experience” and refused to say whether changes on the field or in the front office would follow.

“I know the fans aren’t happy,” Johnson told reporters today after practice in Florham Park, New Jersey. “We’re not happy. I didn’t sign up for a 3-6 season. We haven’t had one of these in a while.”

Johnson wouldn’t discuss the job security of coach Rex Ryan or General Manager Mike Tannenbaum beyond this season, saying he never makes “any midseason statements” about personnel issues. He supported Mark Sanchez, who has the third-worst quarterback rating of any starter in the National Football League this year.

“He is our franchise quarterback,” Johnson said. “That’s what he is.”

Unidentified Jets players were quoted as criticizing backup quarterback Tim Tebow in a New York Daily News story yesterday. Ryan labeled the comments “cowardly” and said he had addressed the matter with the team.

“Anybody that’s anonymous has no credibility,” Johnson said today. He added that it was the decision of the Jets’ coaches and front office to trade for Tebow.

Johnson also said he wanted to put to rest any notion that he’s more concerned about making moves to sell personal seat licenses than winning games.

“My job 1, 2 and 3 is to win games, that’s why I got into football to begin with,” Johnson said. “It’s not to sell PSLs or anything else. My job is to win games. That’s what my passion is. That’s what I want to do.”

Johnson said he remains optimistic even though the Jets are tied for last place in the American Football Conference’s East Division heading into this week’s game in St. Louis against the Rams.

Since the NFL’s current playoff format was instituted in 1990, only three teams have recovered from 3-6 starts to make the postseason, most recently the 1996 Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jaguars finished 9-7 that season and reached the AFC Championship game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    He's clueless.

L.A. Jets anyone?
    I really wish they'd move out of NY/NJ. That way, I can walk away from this franchise without guilt or remorse.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post

“He is our franchise quarterback,” Johnson said. “That’s what he is.”

Wrong Woody, Sanchez is your starting QB, he will never be a franchise QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    True

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Quoted for truth.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol. no sh!t, Woody.

Perhaps you should do something other than talk about it, starting with dumping the men responsible.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, at least he said all the right things, for once.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Dummy Johnson

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least those comments give me some hope he will ditch someone in the off season.

I do love all of these anonymous comments bashing. If you are not anonymous you are bashed even worse....see Mcelroy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That guy Jared who commented summed it up perfectly.

If you didn't sign up for the circus, why did you hire so many clowns!

Priceless.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    neither did the fans woody especially those who spent so much on psls and season tickets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post

Wasnt he saying not long ago that he was more concerned with Romney than the Jets being successful?
    I like this article because it puts things in perspective for Jets fans. I never believed Woody was solely interested in selling PSL's. I believe he wants to win with all of his heart and soul. I believe in him as the owner and I want him to continue to be the owner.

I also share his thoughts. Who would be satisfied with 3-6?

I don't know that I am as optimistic as he is, but I do believe things can change if the right moves are executed.

Rex Ryan MUST bench Mark Sanchez. I need not go on. It's all been said already about the train wreck that Sanchez is.

I also think they should assign Tim Tebow to the starting lineup as a FB, RB, or TE. Take your pick. I think he would offer us a big play threat that the offense is in sore need of. He's too talented to keep on the bench.

I then believe they should hand the starting QB reigns to Greg McElroy. Tim Tebow isn't a QB. McElroy is. Besides, how could having McElroy start be any worse than 3-6? I don't believe it can. At the very least it gives Jets fans something to look forward to. It will also give the Jets players more enthusiasm. They've been there and done that with Sanchez and they know he sucks. At least with McElroy he's an unknown. He's a wildcard. Just teams not knowing what to expect could get the Jets some unexpected (at this point) wins.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    woody is a 3 face liar.

hes saying this to save his credability.

if woody trully means it fire rex and tanny now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post

And now that Romney wasn't successful in winning the presidency, Woody can turn his attention back to the Jets!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of all the horrible things to have happened and been said and gone down, etc., during the offseason, and since, this may be the most horriblest thing to hear and read. STFU Woody Johnson you clueless *******! YOU are the only person who can do anything about it! You are responsible! Take a page from Mara's book and review what he did and said to the fans after the Giants implosion two years ago - he apologized. Then did something about it, then they won the Super Bowl the NEXT YEAR!

Oh and so he says 'you guys' say all I want to do is sell PSL's and hot dogs? That's gotten back to him? Well, prove 'us guys' wrong, you *******.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Johnson also said he wanted to put to rest any notion that he’s more concerned about making moves to sell personal seat licenses than winning games.

“My job 1, 2 and 3 is to win games, that’s why I got into football to begin with,” Johnson said. “It’s not to sell PSLs or anything else. My job is to win games. That’s what my passion is. That’s what I want to do.”

Your passion? Which is why the Jets are your HOBBY, right?

Woody is so full of sh-t. "It's not to sell PSLs", he says....BULLSH-T!!