Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woody: i didn't sign up for 3-6

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Wrong Woody, Sanchez is your starting QB, he will never be a franchise QB.
    Only a man who thought that Mitt Romney could be elected President of the United States would still think that Mark Sanchez is anybody's Franchise QB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Johnson wouldn’t discuss the job security of coach Rex Ryan or General Manager Mike Tannenbaum beyond this season, saying he never makes “any midseason statements” about personnel issues.

That pretty much clinches it. Both are toast.

Woody always gives a vote of confidence to guys he's keeping around. When he doesn't comment either way, it's bad news for the person in question. He was the same way about Mangini after the Jets didn't make the playoffs in 2008. Right after the loss to Miami he wouldn't comment on Mangini's future. The next day he fired him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCFan View Post
    Only a man who thought that Mitt Romney could be elected President of the United States would still think that Mark Sanchez is anybody's Franchise QB.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    That pretty much clinches it. Both are toast.

Woody always gives a vote of confidence to guys he's keeping around. When he doesn't comment either way, it's bad news for the person in question. He was the same way about Mangini after the Jets didn't make the playoffs in 2008. Right after the loss to Miami he wouldn't comment on Mangini's future. The next day he fired him.
    Let's hope that dunce finally does something right. Get rid of both of these JAG-minuses.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Let's hope that dunce finally does something right. Get rid of both of these JAG-minuses.
    Based on Woody's comments (or lack thereof), I think both will be out once the season is over.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Based on Woody's comments (or lack thereof), I think both will be out once the season is over.
    Know I won't come remotely close to reprising your histrionics after Shoddy's departure , but I'll definitely do cartwheels when Rex, Sparano, and Tanny are gone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Know I won't come remotely close to reprising your histrionics after Shoddy's departure , but I'll definitely do cartwheels when Rex, Sparano, and Tanny are gone.
    I won't. I don't hate them. Just disappointed.

Despite Rex's bravado, I thought in 2009 and 2010 we finally were becoming a respectable organization.