Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woody: i didn't sign up for 3-6

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I really wish they'd move out of NY/NJ. That way, I can walk away from this franchise without guilt or remorse.
    did you purchase PSLs? Hopefully you didn`t. We chose UD for the first season in the new craphouse they helped pay half of for the Giants. Turned out to be our only season in that stadium. I did the tour prior to buying and to be honest, the entire stadium is crap. Certainly not worth the PSL money they were asking, nor are the ticket prices after paying the PSL. You can walk away from the Jets without guilt or remorse. I did it and it was relatively easy to do, especially knowing seasons like this were coming. Save your money and do something proper with it. Just don`t give it to Woody and his circus.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just the fact that Woody did a press conference opens the door to Tanny and Rex being **** canned as they should be

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Too bad that Woody is immune to the "**** canning"....

He's the most deserving.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    **** Woody.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I really wish they'd move out of NY/NJ. That way, I can walk away from this franchise without guilt or remorse.
    you would never be so lucky

Murderers get less punishment than JETS fans.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn-up-for-a-36

Wasnt he saying not long ago that he was more concerned with Romney than the Jets being successful?

Um, by continuing to let Mike Tannenbaum run your football team, yes, in fact you are signing up for 3-6. And it will get worse.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Wrong Woody, Sanchez is your starting QB, he will never be a franchise QB.
    Frightening that the owner is echoing this as well as the rest of the FO and coaching staff. Which just goes to prove the whole thing stinks from top to bottom.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

Woody is a good owner in the sense that he is willing to spend money. He has invested a lot the team, our facilities are second to none. He wanted to give us our own home but that didn't happen. He just needs to hire smart people that will tell him GFY every now and then when he wants to make a splash with guys like Favre and Tebow.

I think once we get a decent QB, Woody will be fine and will not be so desperate for the Jets to get attention.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

Woody is a good owner in the sense that he is willing to spend money. He has invested a lot the team, our facilities are second to none. He wanted to give us our own home but that didn't happen. He just needs to hire smart people that will tell him GFY every now and then when he wants to make a splash with guys like Favre and Tebow.

I think once we get a decent QB, Woody will be fine and will not be so desperate for the Jets to get attention.

Can't take issue with you defending your owner and team, but "facilities are second to none"? Seriously??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

So he is a good owner because he failed at giving the Jets their own home and hasn't hired any smart people in 13 years? That makes a lot of sense. I guess Mark Sanchez is a good QB because he wants to be able to complete a lot of TD passes. Awesome stuff.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

A) Spending 1.8 billion on a stadium without a retractable roof is borderline demented. NY unions and all that, but still......

B) You facilities can be awesome, but that doesn't mean crap when you fill them with dog****.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    im going to be passing the florham park facility tommorow morning about 4am. i have a 4x8 sheet of plywood and a can of safety orange paint in my work van. i may paint a sign that says WOODY SUCKS and lean it up against something near the entrance of the facility.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody: it's really 3-9 over the last 12 games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Woody: it's really 3-9 over the last 12 games.
    Sure....kick em when he's down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Well, at least he said all the right things, for once.
    What?

Woody said he would not discuss Tebow because he doesnt discuss individual players. (Didnt he say "more Tebow is a good thing?" indirectly putting pressure on his HC to play Tebow)

Woody said he cares about the JETS and its his number one concern to win. (Didnt he say that Romney was his first concern?)

NY fans are not stupid but Woody Johnson thinks we are........

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    im going to be passing the florham park facility tommorow morning about 4am. i have a 4x8 sheet of plywood and a can of safety orange paint in my work van. i may paint a sign that says WOODY SUCKS and lean it up against something near the entrance of the facility.
    please.............

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    please.............
    please............do or dont?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody just doesn't get it.

I'm sure the FP facility is great, but that stadium really is a piece of crap. To not put a roof on that place is absurd. It just kills value, and the ability to enhamce the aesthetics.

PSLs are worth way less. Late season tickets will be dirt cheap, and the weather will likely mean that the stadium is 50% full if that. Numbers all around are drastically different just to go to an NFL game in a comfortable environment.
    Hell if it's 45 degrees and nice open the roof, but beyond that it's beyond stupid.

How they didn't take the time to re-work traffic patterns is also beyond pathetic. The stadium is too big.

The Jets will have to win in spite of him. He's a proven loser. Spends millions on a West Side Stadium effort, gets his ass kicked. Loses. Throws millions at McCain...loses. Gets taken for a ride at the new Meadowlands, for a crap stadium nobody likes. Loses. His co-tenants win a Super Bowl right away as his team implodes...Loses. Throws gobs of money at Romney...loses.

"I didn't sign up for 3-6"

Well....maybe ya did there Woodster.

Can Tannenbaum tomorrow. Start a search to find a real football GM who will right this ship. He gets to decide Rex's fate. Get out of the way. You want your person in place ASAP. Bowl games are coming. The time has come.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    please............do or dont?
    Please do. But don't waste your plywood, just paint it on the ground.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cornjulio21 View Post
    Woody just doesn't get it.

I'm sure the FP facility is great, but that stadium really is a piece of crap. To not put a roof on that place is absurd. It just kills value, and the ability to enhamce the aesthetics.

PSLs are worth way less. Late season tickets will be dirt cheap, and the weather will likely mean that the stadium is 50% full if that. Numbers all around are drastically different just to go to an NFL game in a comfortable environment.
    Hell if it's 45 degrees and nice open the roof, but beyond that it's beyond stupid.

How they didn't take the time to re-work traffic patterns is also beyond pathetic. The stadium is too big.

The Jets will have to win in spite of him. He's a proven loser. Spends millions on a West Side Stadium effort, gets his ass kicked. Loses. Throws millions at McCain...loses. Gets taken for a ride at the new Meadowlands, for a crap stadium nobody likes. Loses. His co-tenants win a Super Bowl right away as his team implodes...Loses. Throws gobs of money at Romney...loses.

"I didn't sign up for 3-6"

Well....maybe ya did there Woodster.

Can Tannenbaum tomorrow. Start a search to find a real football GM who will right this ship. He gets to decide Rex's fate. Get out of the way. You want your person in place ASAP. Bowl games are coming. The time has come.
    All good points. The bottom line is for Woody to ever win, he has to hire the right people to run the organization and stay out of the way. This is what the Mara's and Rooney's do and why they're constantly successful.

Problem is, I don't trust either to ever happen with Woody.