Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Giovani Bernard RB from UNC

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    What, no love for Knile Davis of Arkansas

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    What, no love for Knile Davis of Arkansas
    He fits better in the zone blocking scheme, which we don't run.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I'll watch...I am in fact. Tannys watching film of Elon vs Temple.
    Aren't you a Wolfpack fan? What do you think of Mike Glennon?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Aren't you a Wolfpack fan? What do you think of Mike Glennon?
    YES... through my daughter, I on occasion attend NC State functions here and joined the wolfpack club of Charlotte to help support them. I have a duaghter at State and one at Carolina (UNC) but State is my fav.

    Mike Glennon is an average, maybe slightly above average college QB IMO and will be a terrific banker, CPA or lawyer someday.

    He , IMO , will either not get drafted or will be late pick but I simply cant see him on an NFL squad. Perhaps I am wrong.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    YES... through my daughter, I on occasion attend NC State functions here and joined the wolfpack club of Charlotte to help support them. I have a duaghter at State and one at Carolina (UNC) but State is my fav.

    Mike Glennon is an average, maybe slightly above average college QB IMO and will be a terrific banker, CPA or lawyer someday.

    He , IMO , will either not get drafted or will be late pick but I simply cant see him on an NFL squad. Perhaps I am wrong.
    That sucks, I was hoping he could be a developmental QB for the Jets

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    YES... through my daughter, I on occasion attend NC State functions here and joined the wolfpack club of Charlotte to help support them. I have a duaghter at State and one at Carolina (UNC) but State is my fav.

    Mike Glennon is an average, maybe slightly above average college QB IMO and will be a terrific banker, CPA or lawyer someday.

    He , IMO , will either not get drafted or will be late pick but I simply cant see him on an NFL squad. Perhaps I am wrong.
    NFL network has a podcast called NFL Draft Tracker run by two former NFL scouts, they believe he will be the 2nd or 3rd highest qb drafted this year; with Geno Smith 1st and either him or Barkley next.

  7. #27
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    A #Jets scout was at the North Carolina - Virginia game last night, making it the third time a #Jets scout attended a UNC game this year.
    Seems like somebody on UNC has the attention of the Jets.

    Could it be?

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,120
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Seems like somebody on UNC has the attention of the Jets.

    Could it be?
    Like I said, he would be a good fit for the Jets.

  9. #29
    I'm a Carolina fan and grad, and I have had a decent read on their players over the last 7-8 years.

    While they were in school, the two guys who I thought were the best pro prospects were Robert Quinn then Hakeem Nicks. If you don't know who Robert Quinn is, you will sadly know it by the end of Sunday's game. He already has 8.5 sacks this year. I always thought he had All-Pro potential while I thought Nicks had Pro Bowl potential. He had velcro hands and while his timed speed wasn't great, he was never caught from behind in college.

    Gio Bernard is quickly approaching Quinn/Nicks status and would be an ideal fit for this offense. He can run, catch, block, and return punts with the best of them. He just has such amazing balance and vision and always churns his legs. He is a true three down back. The only "knock" is that he plays behind an excellent offensive line.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    I'm a Carolina fan and grad, and I have had a decent read on their players over the last 7-8 years.

    While they were in school, the two guys who I thought were the best pro prospects were Robert Quinn then Hakeem Nicks. If you don't know who Robert Quinn is, you will sadly know it by the end of Sunday's game. He already has 8.5 sacks this year. I always thought he had All-Pro potential while I thought Nicks had Pro Bowl potential. He had velcro hands and while his timed speed wasn't great, he was never caught from behind in college.

    Gio Bernard is quickly approaching Quinn/Nicks status and would be an ideal fit for this offense. He can run, catch, block, and return punts with the best of them. He just has such amazing balance and vision and always churns his legs. He is a true three down back. The only "knock" is that he plays behind an excellent offensive line.
    Agreed. Quinn is a beast, even missing his Jr. year due to suspension didnt hurt his draft status as he went 14th overall. Kid can play.

    I havent watched Bernard as much as you, but have seen him enough to agree with your analysis of him. Kid looks like he could be a good pro.

  11. #31
    I've signed a little bit of Gio, not alot though. Have been impressed when I do see him.

    Tony Pauline called him "Kendall Hunter with a little bit of Curtis Martin"

    Hey if that's the case sign me up immediately lol

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Last I check RB is a real need and has been for 3 yrs and waiting till the 3rd and 4th rd plus is the reason were in this position now.

    This position must be address within in the 1st 2 rds next year.

    Or steal a guy like bush through FA
    +1

    Seems this argument is always made about a particular position, most often RB. "You can always plug in a mid-to-late rounder at RB and be fine." Jets have struck out with three straight picks in the mid rounds.

    There's a reason why guys like Doug Martin typically aren't available in the 3rd round or later, and there's a reason why guys like that change the fortunes of an entire offense.

    If the Jets really like an RB in the draft and take him early, there's really no reason to question the pick unless it's a true reach or a even better fit has slid down the board for some reason. Who's more likely to help Mark Sanchez in 2013 - Doug Martin or Vic Ballard?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by tripside View Post
    NFL network has a podcast called NFL Draft Tracker run by two former NFL scouts, they believe he will be the 2nd or 3rd highest qb drafted this year; with Geno Smith 1st and either him or Barkley next.
    I have heard that and week one , scouts were a plenty. Most are gone now.

    I have an ongoing friendly debate with CMART about drafting.He cites reports etc and I say we should do better than just read reports. That said...am just a simple accountant but IMO Glennon is not an NFL QB. .neither was TJ Yates and he played well for Texans but is not a starter.

    Glennon does not IMO pass the smell test. VLAD doesn't either but he was a 2nd because draft reports said he was a 2 nd. How'd that workout?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I have heard that and week one , scouts were a plenty. Most are gone now.

    I have an ongoing friendly debate with CMART about drafting.He cites reports etc and I say we should do better than just read reports. That said...am just a simple accountant but IMO Glennon is not an NFL QB. .neither was TJ Yates and he played well for Texans but is not a starter.

    Glennon does not IMO pass the smell test. VLAD doesn't either but he was a 2nd because draft reports said he was a 2 nd. How'd that workout?
    What is it about Glennon you don't like? I'm not saying you are wrong, I just respect your opinion because you follow the Pack.

    I watched Glennon's game film against UNC and he looked pretty damn good against them.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URoXVwlayj8

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    What is it about Glennon you don't like? I'm not saying you are wrong, I just respect your opinion because you follow the Pack.

    I watched Glennon's game film against UNC and he looked pretty damn good against them.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URoXVwlayj8
    I May be wrong... I simply don't see leadership. When Russel Wilson played for NC State, you saw IT. Phillip Rivers you saw it.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I May be wrong... I simply don't see leadership. When Russel Wilson played for NC State, you saw IT. Phillip Rivers you saw it.
    I remember when we used to say Sanchez and Pennington had IT

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I remember when we used to say Sanchez and Pennington had IT
    I never said Chad had it, I did say Mark had it.

    I was was sorely wrong.

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,632
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I never said Chad had it, I did say Mark had it.

    I was was sorely wrong.

    Tajh has "it"

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,120
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Tajh has "it"
    Tajh is a poor mans Russel Wilson.

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,632
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Tajh is a poor mans Russel Wilson.

    He absolutely needs another year, but he has all the tools man....6'1.5" 225

    I've heard that he's thinking about going pro, that would be a shame

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us