Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The reality of climate change can no longer be ignored

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Agreed.

I think we're on the same page here. The environmental alarmists have done a huge disservice to the rational environmental conservationists who simply want a cleaner planet.
    Good posts here (the last few, Trades and Para and Axil).

+1 and agreed to all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Wow, Axil.

Well said.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Agreed.

I think we're on the same page here. The environmental alarmists have done a huge disservice to the rational environmental conservationists who simply want a cleaner planet.
    Absolutely, and the unwillingness of the the "alarmists" to consider solutions other than regulate more, consume less, distracts from real opportunists.

I hate the fact that the US hasn't embraced nuclear energy. It would lower our emissions quite a bit, and in the long run it would make our energy much cheaper. However that's not ok with the politically active environmentalists. We are allowed to use solar and wind (very expensive and inefficient). Geothermal and hydroelectric (expensive and can only be used in limited places). Just nothing that might actually work without huge government subsidies.
    Last edited by Axil; 11-19-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time out.

Trades, Parafly, Axil, Warfish: Great posts in this thread. Thanks for restoring not only this thread, but the board in general. Nice to see intelligent, thought-out posts for a change. This place has been a zoo.

So thank you.

Game on!