Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: does sanchez need better experienced wrs to be a decent qb?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

does sanchez need better experienced wrs to be a decent qb?

2009-2010 a fluke? i think it could be the calibre of wrs hes been forced to play with this season. last year with plax he was money in the red zone.

why not sign terrell owens plaxico burress or chad johnson and see what he can do with them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just like with any other game manager, you gotta build talent up around him. Sanchez isn't gonna be this guy that elevates the play of those around him, so it's crucial that you give him weapons to work with.

Never put the game in his hands because it will inevitably end up in the hands of a defender. At least now that he's been broken.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Just like with any other game manager, you gotta build talent up around him. Sanchez isn't gonna be this guy that elevates the play of those around him, so it's crucial that you give him weapons to work with.

Never put the game in his hands because it will inevitably end up in the hands of a defender. At least now that he's been broken.
    i agree but why not cut gates and j hill and replace with two of the guys i mentioned and see what he can do with them? i know they are old but they can still run and catch. nothing to lose.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i agree but why not cut gates and j hill and replace with two of the guys i mentioned and see what he can do with them? i know they are old but they can still run and catch. nothing to lose.
    At this point what do you gain? They have to learn the playbook and come with added distractions. Team isn't winning this year. Better off trying to develop Kerley and Stephen Hill. Gates hasn't been terrible either. All could develop with playing time, signing those guys just takes it away from them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    At this point what do you gain? They have to learn the playbook and come with added distractions. Team isn't winning this year. Better off trying to develop Kerley and Stephen Hill. Gates hasn't been terrible either. All could develop with playing time, signing those guys just takes it away from them.
    we are 3-6 we could accomplish 10-6. add some vets and spark. old guys rule!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    we are 3-6 we could accomplish 10-6. add some vets and spark. old guys rule!
    Screw. Play for draft position.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    2009-2010 a fluke? i think it could be the calibre of wrs hes been forced to play with this season. last year with plax he was money in the red zone.

why not sign terrell owens plaxico burress or chad johnson and see what he can do with them.
    He was pretty horrid in 09 too. 2010 wasn't any better then 2011 too. Non of those over aged hacks gives him better targets. The WRs are not to blame this year nor is the OL.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He was pretty horrid in 09 too. 2010 wasn't any better then 2011 too. Non of those over aged hacks gives him better targets. The WRs are not to blame this year nor is the OL.
    i disagree, sanchez needs guys who go up for the ball and battle, guys with some speed and height and long arm spans for all his errant passes he throws. braylon and cotchery made him look good as plax did last year in the red zone.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    2009-2010 a fluke? i think it could be the calibre of wrs hes been forced to play with this season.

Or maybe its not the receivers and its his fault for his awful performance in the red zone this year.

Clean pocket

Receiver wide open in middle of the field

Result of the play is a pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It wouldn't matter who he has at wr.....he sucks....he will always suck....end of story....stop trying to make excuses for the guy.....HE SUCKS!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    Or maybe its not the receivers and its his fault for his awful performance in the red zone this year.

Clean pocket

he knows hill cant catch.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    It wouldn't matter who he has at wr.....he sucks....he will always suck....end of story....stop trying to make excuses for the guy.....HE SUCKS!!!
    i know he sucks im just trying to salvage the season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know Nike, is the sky blue?

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I don't know Nike, is the sky blue?

SAR I
    right now its black. thanks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i disagree, sanchez needs guys who go up for the ball and battle, guys with some speed and height and long arm spans for all his errant passes he throws. braylon and cotchery made him look good as plax did last year in the red zone.
    so your saying no and agreeing with me. how is that disagreeing. Crap or not Mark has never looked good. NEVER. It doesn't matter who his WRs have been.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Clean pocket

Embarrassing, Mark.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Clean pocket

He's missed wide open receivers in the end zone at least twice this year.
    There has been two separate games where the offense scored 0 points.
    The coach says Mark Sanchez gives the team "the best chance to win".

There's no fixing this situation.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's somewhere in between. Not great but not horrible either. He's 25. He will win this week . 2 Tds 1 reall y bad pick

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    He's somewhere in between. Not great but not horrible either. He's 25. He will win this week . 2 Tds 1 reall y bad pick
    What is the "he's 25" mean? He has played over 60 nfl games, 16 preseason games, Three full offseasons, 4 training camps as a NFL QB. The "he's 25" is valid for spending a lot of time on the town and dating 17yo, but that is it.

He is not showing the progression as a QB that he should be at this stage.

Sanchez has shown that he is a complimentary qb. If he has a superior supporting cast at the oline and skill positions, he can and has won some big games. If he does not and has a average or below average he can not do anything to help the team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez gives the Jets the best chance to win....

.... To win a high draft pick.