Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: does sanchez need better experienced wrs to be a decent qb?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I agree..there arent many of those qbs....As a jets fan, id like to experience that feeling before i die.

I also agree we need a complete team...there are also very few of THOSE in the league. With the Salary cap, i think it is wasteful on spending primo $$$ at QB, WR, O line, AND RB just so we can hope Mark will step up to his lowly performances of yesteryear.

Inserting tons of money to players that can maybe, MAYBE make Mark Sanchez better is just not a good approach imo....

He is making Top Tier QB money, and he is in no way that player.
    I hear what you are saying, I agree.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    2009-2010 a fluke? i think it could be the calibre of wrs hes been forced to play with this season. last year with plax he was money in the red zone.

why not sign terrell owens plaxico burress or chad johnson and see what he can do with them.
    He was one of the lowest rated passers in the NFL in 2009 and 2010. He still is. What was fluky about those years?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree..there arent many of those qbs....As a jets fan, id like to experience that feeling before i die.

I also agree we need a complete team...there are also very few of THOSE in the league. With the Salary cap, i think it is wasteful on spending primo $$$ at QB, WR, O line, AND RB just so we can hope Mark will step up to his lowly performances of yesteryear.

Inserting tons of money to players that can maybe, MAYBE make Mark Sanchez better is just not a good approach imo....

He is making Top Tier QB money, and he is in no way that player.
    The new CBA is the best thing to happen to the NY Jets. Before, if you took a QB in the 1st round & missed (Mark Sanchez) your salary cap gets effed up for 5 years.
    Why Tannenbaum reupped Sanchez will always be a mystery & should be for that reason alone that he gets fired, I mean seriously Mark has been a very poor regular season QB & had a couple of good Playoff games, vs Indy & the Pats (both teams were at the bottom of the league in defense by that time).

We need to keep drafting 1 QB a year until we get it right! It's the only way to win now in this league. The gap has actually gotten wider with the new rules for defenders. Just look at the Pats vs Bills game from last week.
    Brady got 2 PI calls that were total BS, both in the endzone & the Pats ended up with 14 points & won by 6.
    My point though is that Brady throws the ball very accurately & always finds one on one coverage, unlike 70% of the other QBs in this league.
    Look at Indy. 6-3! are you kidding me! that team has less talent than the Jets but they now have a QB extending plays, converting 3rd downs, throwing deep & getting 40 yard PI calls.
    WE NEED AN EFFING QB FOLKS! THAT'S ALL!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The new CBA is the best thing to happen to the NY Jets. Before, if you took a QB in the 1st round & missed (Mark Sanchez) your salary cap gets effed up for 5 years.
    Why Tannenbaum reupped Sanchez will always be a mystery & should be for that reason alone that he gets fired, I mean seriously Mark has been a very poor regular season QB & had a couple of good Playoff games, vs Indy & the Pats (both teams were at the bottom of the league in defense by that time).

We need to keep drafting 1 QB a year until we get it right! It's the only way to win now in this league. The gap has actually gotten wider with the new rules for defenders. Just look at the Pats vs Bills game from last week.
    Brady got 2 PI calls that were total BS, both in the endzone & the Pats ended up with 14 points & won by 6.
    My point though is that Brady throws the ball very accurately & always finds one on one coverage, unlike 70% of the other QBs in this league.
    Look at Indy. 6-3! are you kidding me! that team has less talent than the Jets but they now have a QB extending plays, converting 3rd downs, throwing deep & getting 40 yard PI calls.
    WE NEED AN EFFING QB FOLKS! THAT'S ALL!
    I think it MUST have been to clear some cap space for this SB run we are now encountering.

IMO, there is only one position that commands big $$$, and that IS the QB position.

You are dead on with the cap too.....The Jets took a "top" QB a few years too early, and are financially EFFED for it. Now its a more forgiving risk, and the team has to role the dice next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Dumbest post of the year. Your name is fitting.
    It is so great when a board moderator just insults someone and brings nothing to the table to warrant it. Yeah it is the dumbest post which is why so many poster here agree with it. Bravo moderator bravo.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    Or maybe its not the receivers and its his fault for his awful performance in the red zone this year.

Clean pocket

Receiver wide open in middle of the field

Result of the play is a pick.
    WOW! Never saw how bad that was until this pic.

What are you doing, Mark?

UNLESS......The REF was in the way. Mark is a midget and the ref was probably blocking his view.

THIS IS WHY I WANT A *TALL* QB!!

If the team is going to have to surround him with the best talent to succeed, then how about negotiating your contract down to a reasonable level that represents your ability on the field.

I don't think Mark would agree to be paid only 50 cents, sd.
    Last edited by Vin; 11-16-2012 at 07:59 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    WOW! Never saw how bad that was until this pic.

What are you doing, Mark?

UNLESS......The REF was in the way. Mark is a midget and the ref was probably blocking his view.

THIS IS WHY I WANT A *TALL* QB

I don't think Mark would agree to be paid only 50 cents, sd.
    I dunno....i just spent a few minutes in the "playoff possibility" thread. I still got that twinkle in my eye, and hope in my heart.

Will Mark get his mojo back? (not that it was ever there)
    Can Shonn "Thunderfoot" Greene drop another 150+ yard 3 td game?
    Havent seen a successsfull fake punt in a while??....Make it happen my fellow Christian Wonder+
    Does Rex know Defense? HELL YES
    Patriots riding into a Ckuck Pagano lightning rod...ZING

Oh yeah.....this is Mid November....and the Jets are smack dab in the hunt for some playoff football!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    sanchez is fronting!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    sanchez is fronting!
    Is "there a future in it"?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    this pick will set this team back 4-5 more years,
    So what else is new?

This FRANCHISE has been "set back" since '69. What's another 4-5 more years?