Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can You Imagine This Place, if Sanchez is Benched for Thanksgiving...

Can You Imagine This Place, if Sanchez is Benched for Thanksgiving...

....and Tebow starts, and win, vs. New England?

Can you even imagine what this place, what Jets Fan Nation, would be like?

At this point, sitting at 3-6 and effectively out of it (once Sanchez ****s the bed one more time, probably vs. the Rams)....I kinda hope it happens.

The drama would almost be worth it, since we have so little else to root for right now.

ESPN would be amazing radio/tv after the game, lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    Knowing the Jets, it'd be an ugly game where they win in spite of Tebow, not because of him. Then we'd have full fledged militia wars for Sanchez and Tebow.

Like the Pennington vs. Clemens days, only 462652 times worse.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Knowing the Jets, it'd be an ugly game where they win in spite of Tebow, not because of him. Then we'd have full fledged militia wars for Sanchez and Tebow.

Like the Pennington vs. Clemens days, only 462652 times worse.
    And then the independent McElroy party comes in and sweeps the election because **** it.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    And then the independent McElroy party comes in and sweeps the election because **** it.
    McElroy is the truth.

naw the earliest we get Tebow'd is Week 13. New England crushed him twice last yr and they're most vulnerable to an actual passing game which Tebow o/c is unlikely to provide.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It could very well happen, and the national (clueless) media would absolutely blow up. At the end of the season though this team will still be in shambles, and Tebow will still be shipped off to Jacksonville, or somewhere comparable like Siberia.

Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    McElroy is the truth.
    I believe in Greg McElroy.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    It could very well happen, and the national (clueless) media would absolutely blow up. At the end of the season though this team will still be in shambles, and Tebow will still be shipped off to Jacksonville, or somewhere comparable like Siberia.
    As discussed last week, it's going to happen.

We are going to lose in St. Louis. There will be 40,000 no-shows on Thanksgiving eve in the cold to watch this pathetic team play our arch rival. To avoid the humiliation of an empty stadium to show his fellow NFL owning friends, Woody Johnson will force Tebow to start, the stadium will be filled by curiosity seekers, ratings will go through the roof.

You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. The competitive phase of this season died at New England last month. We are now into the entertaining phase, and we're positioned to go 7-0 in that division.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I believe in Greg McElroy.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    ...ratings will go through the roof.
    But do you think it would fill the stadium? Otherwise ratings just means more people on TV seeing empty seats.

Seats will be filled with Pats fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

At this point, sitting at 3-6 and effectively out of it (once Sanchez ****s the bed one more time, probably vs. the Rams)....I kinda hope it happens.

The drama would almost be worth it, since we have so little else to root for right now.

Dude, if that were to happen, there'd be quite a few people here on freaking suicide watch.

That said, you won't hear a peep out of most of them, hell, you wouldn't even see them here for a couple of days. When they did come back, doesn't matter what Tebow might have done, he'd get no credit for it. Instead, they'd find something to nitpick about, like they didn't like the way his socks were or something.

Belichick grins at the idea of Tebow starting. We don't know how to stop passing offenses. We do know, however, how to stop Tebow.

No way. Not against the Pats. God that was brutal last year - a sucky rookie game loss to the legendary Pats. I hate the Pats.

To win we need Sanchez AND Tebow, minus the crappy momentum-busting play calling. Bench Sparano and let Soothsayer call the plays. Or just tweet the plays to Rex - we can't be any worse than Sparano.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    No way. Not against the Pats. God that was brutal last year - a sucky rookie game loss to the legendary Pats. I hate the Pats.

To win we need Sanchez AND Tebow, minus the crappy momentum-busting play calling. Bench Sparano and let Soothsayer call the plays. Or just tweet the plays to Rex - we can't be any worse than Sparano.
    Which game?

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Which game?
    The 2nd one, in January. Bleak.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    As discussed last week, it's going to happen.

We are going to lose in St. Louis. There will be 40,000 no-shows on Thanksgiving eve in the cold to watch this pathetic team play our arch rival. To avoid the humiliation of an empty stadium to show his fellow NFL owning friends, Woody Johnson will force Tebow to start, the stadium will be filled by curiosity seekers, ratings will go through the roof.

You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. The competitive phase of this season died at New England last month. We are now into the entertaining phase, and we're positioned to go 7-0 in that division.

SAR I
    And this is exactly why I'm rooting for Sanchez to light it up on Sunday. It will probably be the last time I root for that POS.

I'm praying for a miracle just so Woody has to EAD with Sanchez QBing his team on national TV in front of an empty stadium.

Wasn't there something in the off season where we learned that woody actually requested the Thanksgiving night game?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post

Wasn't there something in the off season where we learned that woody actually requested the Thanksgiving night game?
    Yes, I posted an article just after the schedule came out that Woody specifically requested the Thanksgiving night game.

I'm pretty sure he could not request who the opponent would be, but he did request that the night game be a Jets home game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

I'm rooting for heads on pikes at the end of the season.