Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64

Thread: Can You Imagine This Place, if Sanchez is Benched for Thanksgiving...

  1. #21
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,513
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    As discussed last week, it's going to happen.

    We are going to lose in St. Louis. There will be 40,000 no-shows on Thanksgiving eve in the cold to watch this pathetic team play our arch rival. To avoid the humiliation of an empty stadium to show his fellow NFL owning friends, Woody Johnson will force Tebow to start, the stadium will be filled by curiosity seekers, ratings will go through the roof.

    You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. The competitive phase of this season died at New England last month. We are now into the entertaining phase, and we're positioned to go 7-0 in that division.

    SAR I
    It may or it may not happen. My point was that it doesn't matter anyway. The season is over and the team will clean house at the end of the year.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Modawg daaaaa bess.

  3. #23
    NE would lick their chops if Tebow were starting... trust me.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    It may or it may not happen. My point was that it doesn't matter anyway. The season is over and the team will clean house at the end of the year.
    No they won't, and that's the real problem.

  5. #25
    I'm a Tebow supporter and have long been calling for him to replace Sanchez (since the Houston game), but to replace him with Sanchez when there's only three days to prepare would be one of the DUMBEST things the coaching staff to do (which makes it highly likely that they will).

    If you're going to make a QB change, in my opinion there are two times to do: the Bye Week, which has passed, and in between New England and Arizona, where you have 10 days. After Thanksgiving we'll be 4-7 or 3-8, depending on the Rams outcome, and at that point it's Tebow Time, or McElroy Time, or at least it should be.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    The fact that you photo shopped an Obama campaign poster to McElroy is enough for me to never want to see him play.

  7. #27
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    The fact that you photo shopped an Obama campaign poster to McElroy is enough for me to never want to see him play.
    lol + infinity

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    NE would lick their chops if Tebow were starting... trust me.
    They are licking their chops no matter who starts. Don't kid yourself.

  9. #29
    Pretty sure they wouldn't bench Sanchez after Sunday with only 3 days to prepare a new offense. If Jets lose next two, and Sanchez sucks, Tebow could start against Arizona. If Sanchez has a good game this week, I think that would put Tebow on ice for at least another couple of weeks.

    THe Jets FO is clearly NOT itching to put Tebow in or else they would have done so already.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    As discussed last week, it's going to happen.

    We are going to lose in St. Louis. There will be 40,000 no-shows on Thanksgiving eve in the cold to watch this pathetic team play our arch rival. To avoid the humiliation of an empty stadium to show his fellow NFL owning friends, Woody Johnson will force Tebow to start, the stadium will be filled by curiosity seekers, ratings will go through the roof.

    You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. The competitive phase of this season died at New England last month. We are now into the entertaining phase, and we're positioned to go 7-0 in that division.

    SAR I
    Sounds like a Jet plan to me. Seriously, its probably the smart thing to do, takes away from the embarrassment that is the Jets. For a couple of days, it would be about Tebow, not the Jets. Then after losing 52-0, we can finally put the whole Tebow joke to bed.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,092
    Only the Jets would put the team in a situation where their quarterback is ineffective and the back-up sucks so bad, they don't want to put him in.

    "The Titanic is sinking... Quick, get on that lifeboat with the gaping hole in the bottom!"

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,120
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I'm a Tebow supporter and have long been calling for him to replace Sanchez (since the Houston game), but to replace him with Sanchez when there's only three days to prepare would be one of the DUMBEST things the coaching staff to do (which makes it highly likely that they will).

    If you're going to make a QB change, in my opinion there are two times to do: the Bye Week, which has passed, and in between New England and Arizona, where you have 10 days. After Thanksgiving we'll be 4-7 or 3-8, depending on the Rams outcome, and at that point it's Tebow Time, or McElroy Time, or at least it should be.
    It is actually the perfect time to put him in. The Pats have a soft defense, hell even Sanchez threw for almost 300 yards against them. It is a short prep week for New England, and Woody gets the maximum bang for his buck on the national stage. You couldnt pick a more perfect game to start Tebow.

  13. #33
    If we lose Sunday to the Rams, and Shotty, I will post all week about wanting to see Tebow Start. A line must be drawn in the sand, and if Sanchez ****s the bed against the Rams.....thats enough for me.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    If we lose Sunday to the Rams, and Shotty, I will post all week about wanting to see Tebow Start. A line must be drawn in the sand, and if Sanchez ****s the bed against the Rams.....thats enough for me.
    Dont you think it really doesnt matter at this point? Both guys do not appear to be the future at QB for the Jets. We both know Sanchez is going to be here anyway next season due to the economic issues. Starting Tebow at 3-7 may satisfy some immediate need to just see a different QB behind center, but the long term issue is that the Jets are yet again needing a franchise QB.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Dont you think it really doesnt matter at this point?
    Of course it matters.

    It matters that the Jets realize that Sanchez is not the answer, and consciously move on from him rather than force him on us again in 2013.

    It matters that I get to watch an entertaining and enjoyable game with a chance to win.

    It matters, IMO, to get past the deeply ingrained traditionalism within the NFL and give Tebow a shot IF AND ONLY IF Sanchez has **** the bed enough to have EARNED losing the job. Which he has IMO.

    It matters to see what Tebow can do here, and then (if needed) what "Media Mouth" McElroy can do (other than talk to journalists as an unnamed source).

    Of course it matters. A losing season does not mean all apsets stop and we just wallow in **** you know. Evaluation in live-fire situations can be a great benefit of a down year. Get the kids in, get them playing time. get the other QB's in, see what they have. Give guys a chance (like if he's healthy, McKnight at RB for more than 1 carry a game).

    Make the most of a bad situation, and entertain me while you do it. Thats what I want from the Jets the remainder of 2012.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,818
    Let me preface this by saying I enjoy everyone's opinions and I feel everyone should be allowed to have their own POV. Which is why . . .

    One of the most disappointing things for me has been how "fair weather" all of the Sanchez supporters and homers have been. They have basically disappeared. However, the forum has not suffered at all b.c of their absence. It is ironic all the negativity the "optimists" bring here.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,120
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I enjoy everyone's opinions and I feel everyone should be allowed to have their own POV. Which is why . . .

    One of the most disappointing things for me has been how "fair weather" all of the Sanchez supporters and homers have been. They have basically disappeared. However, the forum has not suffered at all b.c of their absence. It is ironic all the negativity the "optimists" bring here.
    I think that even the blindest and most optimistic homers would have trouble finding positives in this season so far.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,164
    If Tebow starts on Thanksgiving Eve, I will be rooting for a draft pick.

    Hate to say it, but I hope he'd fall on his face. If somehow Tebow looks competent, the next few years of this franchise is in trouble... so better to quell any of Woody's delusions about Tebow right off the bat.

  19. #39
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,773
    WF.....

    I know you dont think Tebow is a good QB, but are you in favor of benching Sanchez to see what the other 2 guys have to offer?

    Its a lil tough to decipher your position on this...

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    McElroy is the truth.
    McElroy is the Ratliff

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us