Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can You Imagine This Place, if Sanchez is Benched for Thanksgiving...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I enjoy everyone's opinions and I feel everyone should be allowed to have their own POV. Which is why . . .

One of the most disappointing things for me has been how "fair weather" all of the Sanchez supporters and homers have been. They have basically disappeared. However, the forum has not suffered at all b.c of their absence. It is ironic all the negativity the "optimists" bring here.
    I think most 'rational' Sanchez supporters are seeing the light, myself included. It's been tougher to make excuses for the guy week after week. Of course, there are a few certain noticeable absentees around here..

No way. We'll lose to the Rams, you're right about that. But no way we start Tebow against NE. Their pass defense even makes Sanchez look like a legit NFL QB and he'll do so again, which in turn will give Rex hope that things are gonna get better.

Against last year's NE defense (just as bad), Tebow had 4 completions going into the 4th quarter and ended up with 5 more during garbage time.

The only real score they had was because NE threw an interception on their own 24 yard line.

Tebow was running for his life the entire game. Don't start him. I might choke on my turkey if I laugh too hard.

Sanchez will give you a chance against NE. Tebow will be good for a laugh reel.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I'm a Tebow supporter and have long been calling for him to replace Sanchez (since the Houston game), but to replace him with Sanchez when there's only three days to prepare would be one of the DUMBEST things the coaching staff to do (which makes it highly likely that they will).

If you're going to make a QB change, in my opinion there are two times to do: the Bye Week, which has passed, and in between New England and Arizona, where you have 10 days. After Thanksgiving we'll be 4-7 or 3-8, depending on the Rams outcome, and at that point it's Tebow Time, or McElroy Time, or at least it should be.
    This!

While I am NOT a Tebow supporter they would be hard pressed to install a new offense on a short week...

On the other had since this is purely a media ploy... you never know.... from day 1 this was never a move to win games

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Against last year's NE defense (just as bad), Tebow had 4 completions going into the 4th quarter and ended up with 5 more during garbage time.

The only real score they had was because NE threw an interception on their own 24 yard line.

Tebow was running for his life the entire game. Don't start him. I might choke on my turkey if I laugh too hard.

Sanchez will give you a chance against NE. Tebow will be good for a laugh reel.
    Why coddle Tebow? Playing him only against weak teams is not going to do the team any good. All the guy does is win I thought?

If Tebow started and Tebow time actually occurred in the 4th quarter...thw consequences would not be the same.

It would possibly be the biggest thing to ever happen to the Jets besides winning a Superbowl (in terms of getting attention).

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post

Like the Pennington vs. Clemens days, only 462652 times worse.
    Yea right....nothing in Jets message board history was worse then the back and forth between Pennington supporters and detractors.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Why coddle Tebow? Playing him only against weak teams is not going to do the team any good. All the guy does is win I thought?
    Okay, but when I choke on my turkey dinner, you're to blame.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Okay, but when I choke on my turkey dinner, you're to blame.
    LOL...hopefully you will be done with dinner by game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    McElroy is the Ratliff
    I see what you did there.

It is actually the perfect time to put him in. The Pats have a soft defense, hell even Sanchez threw for almost 300 yards against them. It is a short prep week for New England, and Woody gets the maximum bang for his buck on the national stage. You couldnt pick a more perfect game to start Tebow.
    Did you happen to catch one of the Denver-New England games last season?

Hall Of Fame
    Did you happen to catch one of the Denver-New England games last season?
    So what? Last I checked the Jets play the Pats twice a year every year. IF Tebow is to be the Jets QB as many want him to be, then he has to face the Pats. What are we supposed to do? Not play him against the Pats because he lost to them twice? Why coddle him like that?

happy thanksgiving!

So what? Last I checked the Jets play the Pats twice a year every year. IF Tebow is to be the Jets QB as many want him to be, then he has to face the Pats. What are we supposed to do? Not play him against the Pats because he lost to them twice? Why coddle him like that?
    Just makes no sense to change the entire offense in three days when you can do it in ten, especially when you consider what Belichick has done to Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Just makes no sense to change the entire offense in three days when you can do it in ten, especially when you consider what Belichick has done to Tebow.
    He has been on the team since March. He has played in every game this season. Pats have a soft defense. Perfect time to start him.

He has been on the team since March. He has played in every game this season. Pats have a soft defense. Perfect time to start him.
    They have ran about six different plays with him. You're going to come up with an entire game plan and get players prepared to run that system for 60 minutes in three days?

K.

Glad you're not coaching.

I want the Jets to lose against the Rams. I want them to keep Sanchez in. I want to see the Jets lose on Thanksgiving. I want the Jets to make no off-season moves and keep Sanchez as the QB for 2013. I want to see paid in full PSL owners walk away from the Jets. I want to see a quarter filled stadium next season with 3/4ths opposing fans filling in the rest. Then you`ll have the remaining PSL owners either defaulting to get out of there or selling them off to opposing fans. Then in 2014 the Jets can have 16 away games like they always did. Then, either Woody packs his bags and moves the Jets to LA or sells the team to someone who cares about winning football games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    I want the Jets to lose against the Rams. I want them to keep Sanchez in. I want to see the Jets lose on Thanksgiving. I want the Jets to make no off-season moves and keep Sanchez as the QB for 2013. I want to see paid in full PSL owners walk away from the Jets. I want to see a quarter filled stadium next season with 3/4ths opposing fans filling in the rest. Then you`ll have the remaining PSL owners either defaulting to get out of there or selling them off to opposing fans. Then in 2014 the Jets can have 16 away games like they always did. Then, either Woody packs his bags and moves the Jets to LA or sells the team to someone who cares about winning football games.
    Nice.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Starting Tebow would be the only way to get anything other than Pats fans in the building that day.

So with Woody, that is possible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Dude, if that were to happen, there'd be quite a few people here on freaking suicide watch.

That said, you won't hear a peep out of most of them, hell, you wouldn't even see them here for a couple of days. When they did come back, doesn't matter what Tebow might have done, he'd get no credit for it. Instead, they'd find something to nitpick about, like they didn't like the way his socks were or something.
    Nobody would be on suicide watch, but the JI servers my shut down due to the amount of jism splooged on the board by about a dozen posters.