Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: the Obama sell off....congrats

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,161
    Post Thanks / Like

    the Obama sell off....congrats

    To all of you Obama lovers....futures are lower again. It's "risk off" as they say, as billions of dollars will go poof! Again today as our disastrous President is intent on raising tac rates for the top 2% WITHOUT committing to spending reductions....he knows and any other half wit should know It's a spending issue, not a revenue issue, that our country has to deal with....he's happy to take us off the cliff, I am 100% convinced. Thanks again to all u simpletons who voted for him.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,379
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aww. Lower futures? So sad.


    Sent from my 8.6 acre property with 4 bedroom house with waterfront views and low utility costs because of the gas well on my property using fireworks...

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,458
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but that is only b.c Wall Street is evil and investors are the devil.

    The constituents aren't getting off anytime soon.



    One day the milk will go rotten, but that will be because of Bush.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Aww. Lower futures? So sad.


    Sent from my 8.6 acre property with 4 bedroom house with waterfront views and low utility costs because of the gas well on my property using fireworks...
    I bet that there could be a grand bargain that would link tax increases to spending cuts...modest tax increases. BTW raising tax rates would garner approx 850 billion over 10 yrs, while Obama is running annual deficits of 1 trillion. Erskine/Bowles recognizes that spending has to be reduced dramatically....Obama's transformative vision for OUR country includes none if that. No entitlement can out do a robust economy. Obama doesn't know squat about business. Very scary sh*t...

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    806
    Post Thanks / Like

    Suck it up.

    To all the simpleton Fox News watchers who did not vote for him....suck it up.


  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    To all the simpleton Fox News watchers who did not vote for him....suck it up.

    Thanks for the commentary. We are talking about a fiscal cliff here....do u have any idea what that will entail? Guaranteed recession, and huge tax increases for ALL. Obama is a sh*tty legislator, and Reid/Pelosi are like characters from a bad movie...this is a national nightmare on the horizon and your response is "suck it up"??

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you were smart enough to put some money under your mattress a buying opportunity is about to present itself. As an investor for the long run the opportunity to buy good companies at lower prices is a very good thing.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yeah, but that is only b.c Wall Street is evil and investors are the devil.

    The constituents aren't getting off anytime soon.



    One day the milk will go rotten, but that will be because of Bush.
    wow, the Baby Boob Fairy was very generous to her!

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tucker I thought Obama was going to "get his ass kicked" in the election? What up with that homey?

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Hey Tucker I thought Obama was going to "get his ass kicked" in the election? What up with that homey?
    LOLz...Tucker was pretty sure about that wasn't he.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    If you were smart enough to put some money under your mattress a buying opportunity is about to present itself. As an investor for the long run the opportunity to buy good companies at lower prices is a very good thing.
    Invest with teh investment FTW!~

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    If you were smart enough to put some money under your mattress a buying opportunity is about to present itself. As an investor for the long run the opportunity to buy good companies at lower prices is a very good thing.
    I sold most of my equity positions the Wed morning after the election...betting on Obama at this point is not worth it. Up to the election it made sense bc Bernanke's latest round of bond buying in August boosted equities (and therefore consumer confidence #'s)...basically putting equities on steroids. That's over now. Obama's rhetoric on the fiscal negotiations has been enought to cause this "risk off" mentality among investors. Inflation hedges like Treasury tips and commodities are the smart play now IMO...

    FF2, you are a simpleton w a sad life....but u know that already.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,903
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...r-election.htm

    The good news is PA and Ohio are getting hit the hardest.

    A pox on all their houses.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Hey Tucker I thought Obama was going to "get his ass kicked" in the election? What up with that homey?
    He overestimated the intelligence of 51% of Americans....

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...r-election.htm

    The good news is PA and Ohio are getting hit the hardest.

    A pox on all their houses.
    They're getting what they deserve...

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,903
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's time to seriously consider asset relocation:

    http://www.thetribunepapers.com/2012...-going-to-pop/


  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    I sold most of my equity positions the Wed morning after the election...betting on Obama at this point is not worth it. Up to the election it made sense bc Bernanke's latest round of bond buying in August boosted equities (and therefore consumer confidence #'s)...basically putting equities on steroids. That's over now. Obama's rhetoric on the fiscal negotiations has been enought to cause this "risk off" mentality among investors. Inflation hedges like Treasury tips and commodities are the smart play now IMO...

    FF2, you are a simpleton w a sad life....but u know that already.
    No, you're a simpleton if you sold most of your equity position based on the election.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,856
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obama Phones can do wonders with some folks!

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    I sold most of my equity positions the Wed morning after the election...betting on Obama at this point is not worth it. Up to the election it made sense bc Bernanke's latest round of bond buying in August boosted equities (and therefore consumer confidence #'s)...basically putting equities on steroids. That's over now. Obama's rhetoric on the fiscal negotiations has been enought to cause this "risk off" mentality among investors. Inflation hedges like Treasury tips and commodities are the smart play now IMO...

    FF2, you are a simpleton w a sad life....but u know that already.
    Anyone who buys stocks, bonds or other assetts betting on the President of the US is a fool. I bet on the long term growth of companies and earnings based on innovation and long term sanity of the American electorate. Short term trades are simply guesses.

    Most US companies will perform well over time because they have people in place who will drive their companies into the future successfully.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Anyone who buys stocks, bonds or other assetts betting on the President of the US is a fool. I bet on the long term growth of companies and earnings based on innovation and long term sanity of the American electorate. Short term trades are simply guesses.

    Most US companies will perform well over time because they have people in place who will drive their companies into the future successfully.



    We don't always agree, but you are 100% on here.
    I invest in America. I have no equity investments anywhere else. Slightly slower growth is still growth. I have not sold anything in 4 years. Why? Every stock I own grows plus they all have a 3% dividend. Some 5%+.
    I only own boring stuff. And 2/3+ of my money is in bonds.
    If I sell, I have to pay capital gains tax. And where do I put my money then?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us