Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A sliver lining in Mark Sanchez' clouds?

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Oh I agree. I think Cavanaugh should have been thrown out with Shoddy! why do we not fire an entire staff on offense?
    If your changing OCs, fire the entire group of people that were working with him.
    Shoddy sucked & Cavanaugh sucked.
    What I'm not gonna do yet is throw Sparano under the bus just yet. He had to put in another offense in the offseason & never had everyone healthy.
    Then they lose that TE/Halfback in the last preseason game
    Keller gets hurt
    Hill gets hurt
    Holmes out for the season
    McKnight gets hurt
    Gates gets hurt
    Powell gets hurt
    Cumberland gets hurt
    Greene sucks
    I mean lets face it, on top of all these players getting dinged up, Sanchez has been terrible, skittish in the pocket, indecisive & throwing late all the time. Sparanos getting people open with his schemes, Mark just has sucked! Perfect example was in Seattle in the redzone.
    Then when Mark actually does make a play our WRs & TEs & RBs drop the ball.
    Hill makes that catch in New England we're 4-5 believing we can win some games in the 2nd half.
    I do agree that Sparano hasn't used Tebow properly but Sanchez converts so few 3rd downs, we just don't get enough offensive snaps for him.
    I'm quickly getting to the point of believing that Tony Sparano SUCKS BALLS.

Where do you want to start ? Look at the play designs in our run game. When's the last time you saw this team run a counter or trap ? How rarely do guards or tackles pull ? When's the last time a freaking lineman slipped out and blocked a LB at the 2nd level ?

Then look at the WC. I just read this article and damned near laughed my ass off:

Although the Jets use a week-to-week arsenal of plays for Tebow, those asking him to throw were not among the approximately 15 plays Sparano previously had ready on game day.

Sparano has said Tebow has run only eight “true” snaps of the Wildcat, where runs are designed with no threat of a pass. But before last week in Seattle, the pass had yet to be a threat for Tebow.

“We’ve been working on it for a little while, but it was just something that we felt like in that ballgame there, to get Tim involved early in the game, that was going to be beneficial for us,” Sparano said.

“It worked out well. He kept us in some second and manageables and some of those situations. Tim actually created a couple of first downs for us out there … Some of that stuff was helpful during the course of the game. I think the more of that stuff we can do to gain first downs and gain yardage, the better off we’ll be.”

really ? 10 frakking weeks into the season and Sparano finally gets around to putting in some passing plays from the WC ? 10 god damned weeks ?

FFS, when Tebow was freaking traded to the Jets, Rex pointed out that Tebow gave them the ability to frakking THROW THE BALL from the WC.

Let's go back to an article from a couple of weeks ago.

Tony Sparano: 'I can do a better job' using Tim Tebow

By Matt Brigidi on Oct 26, 1:53p

(Sparano)L "No, I think I have a pretty good feel on how to use him and how to use him best. I don't think I'm still trying to figure that out. I was born on a day, but not yesterday. That one there, I figured that out. I feel like I have a good answer on how to use him best.''

A good answer to how to use him best?

Tony Sparano doesn't have a farking clue how to use Tebow in the WC or how to design plays for the WC. He doesn't know when to bring Tebow in, or when to leave Sanchez in.

Getting away from the WC, Sparano and his coaching staff have no frakking idea how to design or call a running game.

Fark it, I'm no longer indecisive about it. Tony Sparano can dial up a decent play every now and then, but for the most part, he doesn't have a farking clue on how to design or run an offense.

[/quote]

Hall Of Fame
    Just further proof that Sanchez is a complementary player.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Did Chad lead our team to back to back AFC Championships, all while winning 4 road playoff games?

Listen, Mark has absolutely had a horrible season, but Chad Pennington stunk....I remember playing against the Pats where they'd play 8 in the box, knowing Chad couldn't throw it 15 yards down field
    That was post multiple injury chad.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Just further proof that Sanchez is a complementary player.
    And in no way deserves the ridiculous $$$ he is making .,,

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I'm quickly getting to the point of believing that Tony Sparano SUCKS BALLS.

Where do you want to start ? Look at the play designs in our run game. When's the last time you saw this team run a counter or trap ? How rarely do guards or tackles pull ? When's the last time a freaking lineman slipped out and blocked a LB at the 2nd level ?

Then look at the WC. I just read this article and damned near laughed my ass off:

really ? 10 frakking weeks into the season and Sparano finally gets around to putting in some passing plays from the WC ? 10 god damned weeks ?

FFS, when Tebow was freaking traded to the Jets, Rex pointed out that Tebow gave them the ability to frakking THROW THE BALL from the WC.

Let's go back to an article from a couple of weeks ago.

A good answer to how to use him best?

Tony Sparano doesn't have a farking clue how to use Tebow in the WC or how to design plays for the WC. He doesn't know when to bring Tebow in, or when to leave Sanchez in.

Getting away from the WC, Sparano and his coaching staff have no frakking idea how to design or call a running game.

Fark it, I'm no longer indecisive about it. Tony Sparano can dial up a decent play every now and then, but for the most part, he doesn't have a farking clue on how to design or run an offense.

[/QUOTE]

To run a successful offense you first & foremost need to convert 3rd downs!
    Is it Sparanos fault that when he put Tebow in at the one yard line, Keller jumped offside.
    The players have no effing focus & keep making stupid mistakes at the wrong time.
    If I was the coach of his team I'd tell these players to stop looking for excuses & look in the effing mirror for once.
    Then show them a spliced together film of all their freaking blunders over the 1st 9 games & tell them it's time to get their heads out of their azzes!
    This is the NFL which means " not for long" if you can't execute simple f*cking football plays.
    Rex needs to threaten jobs, simple as that!

Yes, Mark Sanchez sucks against elite and good defense and cannot carry a team. He is a game manager. Remind me the last time a team won a Super Bowl with a game manager.

I'll wait.
    Last edited by 124; 11-17-2012 at 07:37 AM.

All Pro
    Sanchez is not a good QB at this point. I don't care about the numbers, but when I can see guys coming open on TV and I'm yelling throw the damn ball, then he double clutches, and then floats an int, I know he's not good. I'm not going to agree that he's never been any good. He was progressing nicely, and had some great games. He's been horribly mismanaged, and now has post traumatic stress disorder. Probably ruined forever.

Sporano is not a good OC, because he makes really stupid decisions. I don't care about the numbers, but he's stupid. He was dealt a bad hand, it's true, but that does not excuse him from making intelligent decisions with the players he has. I don't think he's pretending to be stupid on game day, so I can only imagine the stupid things I see him do are obnly the tip of the iceburg.

This does not vindicate Shotty, who was equally stupid. I feel bad for Mark, and for Rex, being saddled with these guys, along with Cavanough, and Tebow, but they should have imposed their will on Tanny. He's not a football guy, nor a strong personality, and they have no excuse for letting him have control over any football decisions. They allowed an accountant to ruin their careers, and our team. Unfortunately it seems to be too late to reverse this. Even if Tannny is deposed, and a competent talent evaluator,OC, and qb coach are brought in, I'm afraid that Rex, and Sanchez have been irrevocably damaged at this point. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    If you are loooking for a QB who looks like Johnny U against bottom feeders and wets the bed against the best defenses in the league I would like to re-introduce you to Chad Pennington.

Wow, how uninformed of a comment is that? Yes, a guy who only played well against "bottom feeders" somehow led his team to the playoffs in each of the four seasons he was actually healthy. And those same Jet (and Dolphin) teams coincidentally *missed* the playoffs in each of the four seasons Chad was out with injury. He clearly sucked. Want to criticize him for being fragile, that is fair. But what you said is ridiculous.

Here is a Chicago Bears scouting report on Sanchez from 2010.

Bears scouting report: Mark Sanchez, Jets quarterback
    December 25, 2010|By Dan Pompei, Tribune reporter

Information from this report was obtained from NFL scouts.

Mark Sanchez was the fifth overall selection of the 2009 draft, but the second-year quarterback doesn't have the kind of elite ability usually associated with top five picks. He is most effective operating off play action with an effective run game. The Jets play to his strength, giving him a lot of simple reads and quick, easy throws.

The 6-2, 227-pounder usually has a live arm but has a shoulder injury that could affect his throws Sunday. Sanchez is a decent athlete who can move and pass on the run. He can be a little erratic with his accuracy and can't be considered a great passer at this stage of his career. Sanchez can be streaky, and when he's in a bad streak he sometimes shows it in his body language.

The best game plan against him is a diverse one that takes away the gimme throws. He can be rattled with pressure, but he also can struggle to put the ball in tight windows versus zone coverage. The key is to keep him off balance.
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...s-mark-sanchez

And the pitch black which obscures any possible silver lining is that Sanchez is the same QB today as he was 2 years ago. I guarantee the scouting report is unchanged.

The odd thing is that when looking at Sanchez for the NFL all the pro scouts seemed to agree that he was an accurate passer and very good at reading D's. Boy, were they ever wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Here is a Chicago Bears scouting report on Sanchez from 2010.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...s-mark-sanchez

And the pitch black which obscures any possible silver lining is that Sanchez is the same QB today as he was 2 years ago. I guarantee the scouting report is unchanged.

The odd thing is that when looking at Sanchez for the NFL all the pro scouts seemed to agree that he was an accurate passer and very good at reading D's. Boy, were they ever wrong.
    Sonny......if I remember correctly, didn't Sanchez throw an int. at end of that Bears game when we/he had chance to win the game? Just asking.......

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Sonny......if I remember correctly, didn't Sanchez throw an int. at end of that Bears game when we/he had chance to win the game? Just asking.......
    You're correct.

Did Chad lead our team to back to back AFC Championships, all while winning 4 road playoff games?

Listen, Mark has absolutely had a horrible season, but Chad Pennington stunk....I remember playing against the Pats where they'd play 8 in the box, knowing Chad couldn't throw it 15 yards down field
    Sanchez did not lead, he rode the coattails of a talented veteran team. You can just look at the events of this past week and not one statement from him about the backbiting of Tebow. The guy is supposed to take the lead and help Rex calm the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Sanchez did not lead, he rode the coattails of a talented veteran team. You can just look at the events of this past week and not one statement from him about the backbiting of Tebow. The guy is supposed to take the lead and help Rex calm the storm.
    Thank you.

To run a successful offense you first & foremost need to convert 3rd downs!
    Is it Sparanos fault that when he put Tebow in at the one yard line, Keller jumped offside.
    The players have no effing focus & keep making stupid mistakes at the wrong time.
    If I was the coach of his team I'd tell these players to stop looking for excuses & look in the effing mirror for once.
    Then show them a spliced together film of all their freaking blunders over the 1st 9 games & tell them it's time to get their heads out of their azzes!
    This is the NFL which means " not for long" if you can't execute simple f*cking football plays.
    Rex needs to threaten jobs, simple as that![/QUOTE]

Not to derail the thread, but stupid penalties like that are usually the result of coaching/atmosphere. So Rex and tony have blame in that part.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Yes, Mark Sanchez sucks against elite and good defense and cannot carry a team. He is a game manager. Remind me the last time a team won a Super Bowl with a game manager.

I'll wait.
    Ravens with Trent Dilfer, 12 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    ...and Pats* with Brady and video tape eight years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Oh I agree. I think Cavanaugh should have been thrown out with Shoddy! why do we not fire an entire staff on offense?
    If your changing OCs, fire the entire group of people that were working with him.
    Shoddy sucked & Cavanaugh sucked.
    What I'm not gonna do yet is throw Sparano under the bus just yet. He had to put in another offense in the offseason & never had everyone healthy.
    Then they lose that TE/Halfback in the last preseason game
    Keller gets hurt
    Hill gets hurt
    Holmes out for the season
    McKnight gets hurt
    Gates gets hurt
    Powell gets hurt
    Cumberland gets hurt
    Greene sucks
    I mean lets face it, on top of all these players getting dinged up, Sanchez has been terrible, skittish in the pocket, indecisive & throwing late all the time. Sparanos getting people open with his schemes, Mark just has sucked! Perfect example was in Seattle in the redzone.
    Then when Mark actually does make a play our WRs & TEs & RBs drop the ball.
    Hill makes that catch in New England we're 4-5 believing we can win some games in the 2nd half.
    I do agree that Sparano hasn't used Tebow properly but Sanchez converts so few 3rd downs, we just don't get enough offensive snaps for him.
    It is BS to blame so much on a rookies dropped catch. If Miamis Kicker could make a fg the Jets also could be 2-7. It goes both ways. Sparano is a joke and has done nothing to make this team or any other team better.

You are dead wrong in your assessments. Has Sanchez ever elevated the level of play of his teammates? Has he ever had a "wow, Sanchez was the best player on the field today" outing?

Chad did this plenty of times, a total on field leader. He was done in by injury, not because a lack of quarterbacking skill. You shouldn't mention these two players in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    In reality, 11 years ago when the Pats beat the Rams 20-17 for Brady's first SB win.

check that.... 10 years ago the Bucs won with Brad Johnson. That's 3 in a row... Dilfer,
    a green Brady, and Johnson. All game managers.
    Last edited by SONNY WERBLIN; 11-17-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    It is BS to blame so much on a rookies dropped catch. If Miamis Kicker could make a fg the Jets also could be 2-7. It goes both ways. Sparano is a joke and has done nothing to make this team or any other team better.
    Before the Miami kicker missed Sanchez had thrown yet another pick in the redzone.