Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Trade possibilities...

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Trade possibilities...

    Remember this is not fantasy I would like some suggestions.Please add your "idea " to my list :
    1) Tebow to Jacksonville for MJD or two mid round draft picks.
    2) ? your move

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetliner View Post
    Remember this is not fantasy I would like some suggestions.Please add your "idea " to my list :
    1) Tebow to Jacksonville for MJD or two mid round draft picks.
    2) ? your move
    LOL....that trade kind of contradicts the bold statement.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL....that trade kind of contradicts the bold statement.
    Well he does have a major injury and contract issues so is it that far fetched?

    But would it be worth the jets paying a RB coming off major injury .

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,107
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jacksonville wouldn't beat our offer of a 4th round pick last spring, and now suddenly they're giving up 2 mid round picks, or MJD for Tebow?

    Realistically a trade isn't happening with this team. The only guy who it might make financial sense for another team to take is Cromartie. Sanchez, Holmes and Harris all have contracts that makes it impossible to deal them. The Jets can't afford to deal Mangold or D'Brick. Given the rebuilding this team needs to do, it wouldnt be smart to give up our own draft picks for anyone. So um.. yeah. no trades.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Well he does have a major injury and contract issues so is it that far fetched?

    But would it be worth the jets paying a RB coming off major injury .
    No way. The last thing the Jets need right now is a high priced aging veteran RB with a ton of miles on him. Not the direction the Jets need to go in right now.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    No way. The last thing the Jets need right now is a high priced aging veteran RB with a ton of miles on him. Not the direction the Jets need to go in right now.
    I agree ..

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Well he does have a major injury and contract issues so is it that far fetched?

    But would it be worth the jets paying a RB coming off major injury .
    It's far-fetched because they'd be giving up an elite RB for a **** QB. Also, they wouldn't out-bid our offer of a 4th for Tim and now are gonna offer us 2 mid-round picks for him? loooooooool.

    This isn't Madden, breh.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow for a 4-5th. Be lucky to get that. promote mcelroy to 2nd string. Revis for doug martin and a 3rd. Send Holmes anywhere for a 3rd and use all these picks to solidfy the holes that we have. O-line,LB.

    next year:

    possible FA's
    -Jake Long
    -ryan clady
    -fred davis
    -Reggie Bush

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Tebow for a 4-5th. Be lucky to get that. promote mcelroy to 2nd string. Revis for doug martin and a 3rd. Send Holmes anywhere for a 3rd and use all these picks to solidfy the holes that we have. O-line,LB.

    next year:

    possible FA's
    -Jake Long
    -ryan clady
    -fred davis
    -Reggie Bush
    Players like doug martin are too valuable...he makes zero money and looks like a stud.

    As for trading Tebow. The jets have effectively tanked his value so badly, that if we got anything more then a 7th round pick, it would be a miracle.

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow and two first round picks to Indy for Drew Stanton.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis for doug martin and a 3rd.
    im sure tampa is watching the tape and thinking, "we gotta trade this guy."

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    im sure tampa is watching the tape and thinking, "we gotta trade this guy."
    LOL...especially for a CB coming off of ACL surgery and requiring a new huge contract.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only legitimate trade candidate will be the Jets high first round pick that is coming at the end of the season. Trade down to the bottom of the 1st round, pick up an extra 1st in 2014. Maybe trade down again in to the mid second and get another future 1st or second rounder. Then in 2014 after another crappy season with Sanchez or some other neerdowell at QB get another high draft pick to pair with the extra 1st acquired in the trade down. Load up on draft talent in 2014 and build a team for the Bradyless decade that follows.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Tebow for a 4-5th. Be lucky to get that. promote mcelroy to 2nd string. Revis for doug martin and a 3rd. Send Holmes anywhere for a 3rd and use all these picks to solidfy the holes that we have. O-line,LB.

    next year:

    possible FA's
    -Jake Long
    -ryan clady
    -fred davis
    -Reggie Bush
    You won't get anything for Tebow.
    There is ZERO chance the Bucs would trade Doug Martin.
    ZERO chance you would get a 3rd for Holmes or anything for that matter. We gave a 5th and he is more of a malcontent, a worse player, way over paid.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You won't get anything for Tebow.
    There is ZERO chance the Bucs would trade Doug Martin.
    ZERO chance you would get a 3rd for Holmes or anything for that matter. We gave a 5th and he is more of a malcontent, a worse player, way over paid.
    The Jets would give Holmes away for nothing at this point, if some team wants to take on that salary.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You won't get anything for Tebow.
    There is ZERO chance the Bucs would trade Doug Martin.
    ZERO chance you would get a 3rd for Holmes or anything for that matter. We gave a 5th and he is more of a malcontent, a worse player, way over paid.
    Wow. I guess I ZERO chance at becoming a GM

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Wow. I guess I ZERO chance at becoming a GM
    LOL...thats OK, everyone on here has ZERO chance to be a GM.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    The only legitimate trade candidate will be the Jets high first round pick that is coming at the end of the season. Trade down to the bottom of the 1st round, pick up an extra 1st in 2014. Maybe trade down again in to the mid second and get another future 1st or second rounder. Then in 2014 after another crappy season with Sanchez or some other neerdowell at QB get another high draft pick to pair with the extra 1st acquired in the trade down. Load up on draft talent in 2014 and build a team for the Bradyless decade that follows.
    The only way that scenario works is if Tanny's no longer making the picks. As long as he's the one buying the groceries, the Jets are fooked.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetliner View Post
    Remember this is not fantasy I would like some suggestions.Please add your "idea " to my list :
    1) Tebow to Jacksonville for MJD or two mid round draft picks.
    2) ? your move
    Suckchez to the Orlando Predators for a used jock strap and tickets to the Arena Bowl.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Tebow and two first round picks to Indy for Drew Stanton.
    Suckchez to Indy for nothing!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us