Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Trade possibilities...

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You won't get anything for Tebow.
    There is ZERO chance the Bucs would trade Doug Martin.
    ZERO chance you would get a 3rd for Holmes or anything for that matter. We gave a 5th and he is more of a malcontent, a worse player, way over paid.
    I would extent Mangolds contract, centers play till they die.
    Then I would make a play for Long & play him at RT (Kind of a Woody move)
    draft the best Guards you can get & build this Oline.
    Dbrick-Young Stud-Mangold-Young Stud- Long

    Gives you veterans at the most important positions teaching young bulls that can punch people in the effing face!
    That right there would go a long way to rectifying the Oline

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    The only way that scenario works is if Tanny's no longer making the picks. As long as he's the one buying the groceries, the Jets are fooked.
    I'm not as down on Jets drafting as you appear to be. Looking back on the past few drafts, Wilkerson looks like a starter with pro bowl potantial, Couples has looked pretty good so far, K. Wilson is a starter, K.Ellis is looking pretty good right now. Can't really judge Hill yet but Kerley looks like an above average talent from a later round. Even big ugly Dukasse is coming around and looks like he will be a full time starter by next season. My big issue with Tanny and the current regime is that we never trade down for extra picks. Bellicheck has a much worse record in the draft but his propensity to trade down and acquire extra picks has helped cushion the blow.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I would extent Mangolds contract, centers play till they die.
    Then I would make a play for Long & play him at RT (Kind of a Woody move)
    draft the best Guards you can get & build this Oline.
    Dbrick-Young Stud-Mangold-Young Stud- Long

    Gives you veterans at the most important positions teaching young bulls that can punch people in the effing face!
    That right there would go a long way to rectifying the Oline
    Yeah, lets pay 3 guys 33 mill a year, that is the way to fix everything. Do you understand that Long will be the highest paid LT in the league next year?

    The jets don't have any money to sign any front line players.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posts
    5,665
    sanchez to san diego.... talent that under achieves for no talent that has over achieved

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...thats OK, everyone on here has ZERO chance to be a GM.
    No way! At least 85% of this board think you can run a real NFL team like a Madden team. And just think I pretty much win the Super Bowl in Madden every year. Sign me up! lol

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Suckchez to the Orlando Predators for a used jock strap and tickets to the Arena Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Suckchez to Indy for nothing!
    Can you stop it already? This is the most childish thing I've ever seen and you do something like this in almost every thread you post in. Whether you like it or not, between Mark and Tim, the only one that can be POSSIBLY traded is Tebow due to contract reasons. This isn't a thread to rip on Sanchez because your upset people are proposing we trade Tebow.

  7. #27
    Trade Tebow for anyone.

  8. #28
    The ONLY player on this team I would not trade is Mangold. I would consider reasonable offers for everyone else. This team needs to be blown up and rebuilt, from GM to the 53rd player.

  9. #29
    I'd trade Tebow for a 7th round pick. If they're not going to use him, it's a waste here. We can't go into another training camp with the hoopla that surrounds us with Tebow for a BACKUP QB.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Can you stop it already? This is the most childish thing I've ever seen and you do something like this in almost every thread you post in. Whether you like it or not, between Mark and Tim, the only one that can be POSSIBLY traded is Tebow due to contract reasons. This isn't a thread to rip on Sanchez because your upset people are proposing we trade Tebow.
    No, he can't, likely because he is a child. Rarely does he offer anything in the way of a mature response/rebuttal when engaged, oftentimes entirely ignoring the more intelligent posts directed at his. I've since stopped responding and now simply report his posts as I would any other troll's. I'd advise you do the same and save yourself the exasperation/keystrokes.

  11. #31

    Red face TANNY AND REX: THE AWFUL DECISIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    The only way that scenario works is if Tanny's no longer making the picks. As long as he's the one buying the groceries, the Jets are fooked.
    ... At This Point, we can really say that Tanny has screwed ouR beloved team-- i.e

    giving up on danny Woodhead, and Jerr. Cotchery, who both play well for other teams now. The foolish signing of 37 year old Derrick Mason, ( also blame Rex), the RT Wayne Hunter fiasco.

    not keeping Robert Turner as a quality backup; overpaying Sant. Holmes....

    get the picture..? Personnel decisions have been a disaster. We had a better and more disciplined team under Mangini.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by STL Jet fan View Post
    The ONLY player on this team I would not trade is Mangold. I would consider reasonable offers for everyone else. This team needs to be blown up and rebuilt, from GM to the 53rd player.
    Why not trade Mangold,he has slipped some the last 2 yrs,If you could get a high 1 ,say top 10 for Mangold I think you would have to consider it. He has a large contract and it seems we are starting a rebuild.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Suckchez to the Orlando Predators for a used jock strap and tickets to the Arena Bowl.
    I don't think you could get tickets... Maybe a ticket but not multiple tix...

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Yeah, lets pay 3 guys 33 mill a year, that is the way to fix everything. Do you understand that Long will be the highest paid LT in the league next year?

    The jets don't have any money to sign any front line players.
    Longs not even having a great year at left tackle?
    What r u talking about?
    A switch to RT would lengthen his career like it did for Damian Woody

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,747
    Tebow for a 5th to whomever will take him.

    That's about it. Nobody else is trade-able. They either have one or more of the following: Injury, horrible contract, want huge money, suck.

  16. #36
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    The only legitimate trade candidate will be the Jets high first round pick that is coming at the end of the season. Trade down to the bottom of the 1st round, pick up an extra 1st in 2014. Maybe trade down again in to the mid second and get another future 1st or second rounder. Then in 2014 after another crappy season with Sanchez or some other neerdowell at QB get another high draft pick to pair with the extra 1st acquired in the trade down. Load up on draft talent in 2014 and build a team for the Bradyless decade that follows.
    This guy "gets it".

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    No, he can't, likely because he is a child. Rarely does he offer anything in the way of a mature response/rebuttal when engaged, oftentimes entirely ignoring the more intelligent posts directed at his. I've since stopped responding and now simply report his posts as I would any other troll's. I'd advise you do the same and save yourself the exasperation/keystrokes.
    Actually he's in his early 70's I think.. I'm late 60's and I know he's older..

  18. #38
    Don't make any trades just select good, solid players at positions we need and sign good mid-level FA's. Get rid of the Tebows and Eric Smiths and clowns taking millions of dollars in cap space who do zippo for us on the field.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Longs not even having a great year at left tackle?
    What r u talking about?
    A switch to RT would lengthen his career like it did for Damian Woody
    He will be the highest paid FA olineman this year.
    Last edited by patman; 11-17-2012 at 06:11 PM.

  20. #40

    let's reset the question

    Very little of trade value,little cap room, do we resign anybody (no big contracts) ; what do we draft (regardless of the coach/gm) - best available athlete or top 3 specific need?
    Does McElroy get a chance on the field?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us