Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jets schedule favors a playoff berth

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Since 1968, so I've seen a lot of losing over the years too. I know how you feel. This situation though does have a possible bright side to go along with the like dark side. I say we take it week to week and see what happens over the next 7 games. I would personally give up if I knew we had 2 or 3 very tough opponents remaining, but we don't. So who knows? Maybe there's still some fun to be had this season. If the Jets win this week that will be 1 down and 6 to go. Looking forward to it.
    '68?

I certainly dont know how you feel. '85 here. Pleasure to meet ya.

GO JETS!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozy72 View Post
    I smoke lots of pot and drink daily, but even my judgement is not that cloudy!
    Hahaha! Dude I'll come over and hang out with you and we'll laugh like madmen as the Jets win out! LOL!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    So McElroy who has never played a regular season snap for us "can't throw," but Sanchez who is just about the lowest rated passer in the league can? I'll give you Tebow
    I've seen McElroy play in college and preseason as a Jet. He has no arm strength and doesn't make efficient reads. Think Chad but crappier.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see why the Jets couldn't win 6 of their last 7 games based on their very favorable schedule...

Rams, Pats, Cards, Jags, Titans, Chargers, Bills

The only real strong team you have in there are the Pats, and the Jets usually get up to play them. The rest of these teams are very beatable, and the Jets have a good chance of beating every last one of them. If the Jets were able to do so they would be the first team since the '96 Jags to do it, but it can be done. Since 1990 three teams have made the playoffs after starting 3-6, and the Jets have a very favorable schedule the rest of the way. Could they do it? Absolutely the could do it... Absolutely they could.
    This is the team that was 8-5 at the end of last season and needed to just win 1 of its last 3 games to get in the playoffs.

They lost three in a row.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miami and Seattle are tough defensive teams aren't they? Not exactly pushovers on defense. Among the other games they've played are Pittsburgh (tough defense), San Fran (crazy tough defense), Houston (tough defense), and the Patriots (crazy tough offense).

The Jets have played some tough opponents, all of the above are probably playoff teams themselves. The rest of the schedule has nothing like this waiting for them. Besides the Pats I don't see anyone the Jets should pencil in as a loss, and that means they possibility still exists for the Jets to do something unexpected the rest of the way. It's happened before, why not now?
    I don't care how tough the D's are 6 TD's in 7 games by the O. That is beyond awful.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crazier things have happened. The two teams positioned for the wildcard now aren't that far ahead considering our schedule. Especially since Ben is out a while and they play Baltimore twice soon. While Indi has a young qb and play the Pats this weekend (win for us regardless or how that turns out).

Are the playoffs probable? .. Nope. But definitely not impossible or even at miracle level yet. We lose this week and then it'd take a miracle.

Not even asking for playoffs now. Just to have relevant games in Dec and this Thanksgiving vs the Pats. We win this week and I expect this team to come out psyched vs NE. Like it or not this team seems to be very emo. They get on a roll and they can play with just bout anyone.

Besides anyone really think our special teams is gonna keep killing us? That's been huge and has gotta end soon.
    Last edited by Mike135; 11-16-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would be the first time a team made it on one phase.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The titans just pummeled the dophins in Miami and the bills beat the dolphins who the jets lost too. There is no such thing as easy and the Rams do one thing good and thats play defense so i could see only 44 more wins at most. I hope i am wrong but i have not seen anything from this team to suggest otherwiseQUOTE=billygreen;4686777]What the Jets need to do now is just forget the past games and the standings and just go out and win games against teams they could very well beat. Now is the time to just dig in and win one game at a time. Besides the Patriots I don't see any of the other teams on our schedule as penciling us in as a win, because they're not exactly powerhouse teams either.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I've seen McElroy play in college and preseason as a Jet. He has no arm strength and doesn't make efficient reads. Think Chad but crappier.
    Would still be better than Sanchez probably.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Has a 5-11 team ever made the playoffs?
    lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see why the Jets couldn't win 6 of their last 7 games based on their very favorable schedule...

The only real strong team you have in there are the Pats, and the Jets usually get up to play them. The rest of these teams are very beatable, and the Jets have a good chance of beating every last one of them. If the Jets were able to do so they would be the first team since the '96 Jags to do it, but it can be done. Since 1990 three teams have made the playoffs after starting 3-6, and the Jets have a very favorable schedule the rest of the way. Could they do it? Absolutely the could do it... Absolutely they could.
    You either live in Oregon or Colarado and have smoke a LOT of pot or you are a PATS fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Has a 5-11 team ever made the playoffs?
    I Actually laughed SO HARD..lol is not enough. FUKKIN AWESOME post!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally a positive thread LOL!

Do I think it will happen? Let's take it one game at a time

I have been staying away from this board, newspapers, and espn because it is so brutal the negativity surrounding this team. Depressing actually...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fooling people? I'm not trying to fool people I'm just stating a fact that seems to have gotten lost in all the negativity. Nobody is giving the Jets a chance to do anything at all the rest of the way, but when you look at the rest of the teams on the schedule there is also the possibility Jets fans could be in for an unexpectedly fun ride that could have them all laughing like crazy at the end of it.

This is a possibility, you've got to admit that right?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    We will finish 8-8 or 7-9. Loosing both Revis and Holmes was big even if people don't want to admit it. Any shot we had at the POs went south when we lost to Seattle. That was a must win for us. The only way we can get in is to get better then average QB play out of what may be the worst QBs in the league. Other then that yeah sure we have a shot still. I just don't see us loosing only one more game when our QBs can't even play one average game right now.
    If we finish 8-8, it would be a miracle.

Heck..7-9 is a real stretch at this point.

Also, I may cry(out of frustration) if this happens BECAUSE More wins equals LOWER DRAFT PICK.

Jets NEVER do anything right. NEVER.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    Finally a positive thread LOL!

Do I think it will happen? Let's take it one game at a time

I have been staying away from this board, newspapers, and espn because it is so brutal the negativity surrounding this team. Depressing actually...
    The hard part of the schedule is over, the rest of the schedule (minus Pats) contains very winnable games. The Jets can't let this season end this way, and Ryan and Sparano wont let it. The run begins this sunday. Schottenheimer is the first to fall.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jags is a very likely win, Cards and Bills are probably in our favor too. Chargers and Titans 50/50 or slightly under.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's do it.

Would rather cheer for that than root for losses in the interest of the draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    If we finish 8-8, it would be a miracle.

Heck..7-9 is a real stretch at this point.

Also, I may cry(out of frustration) if this happens BECAUSE More wins equals LOWER DRAFT PICK.

Jets NEVER do anything right. NEVER.
    The only way I see us finishing with less then 7 wins is if Rex is really trying to suck for Barkley. I'd be all in for that really.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad somebody still believes in a team that hasn't scored an offensive touchdown in a month and has lost five of their last six games, because I sure as hell don't.

How can anyone be "easy" or a "sure win" for this team?

They can't.

IF the stars align and they get some luck thrown their way, a 5-2 finish COULD happen, but is still unlikely. Indianapolis, Cincinnati or San Diego will be the final WC in the AFC. It will not be the Jets.

We may have the tie-breaker over Indianapolis, but they'll likely have 9 or 10 wins when their schedule is done. 6-1 finish for our Jets? Keep dreaming.