Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 99

Thread: Jets schedule favors a playoff berth

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The '96 Jags had a prime Mark Brunell, prime Jimmy Smith, and prime Keenan McCardell, to go along with a strong running game. Want to compare the Jets counterparts?

    Nothing wrong with being positive, but there are a lot of smart, realistic football fans on this board, and you're not gonna fool people... just saying
    Fooling people? I'm not trying to fool people I'm just stating a fact that seems to have gotten lost in all the negativity. Nobody is giving the Jets a chance to do anything at all the rest of the way, but when you look at the rest of the teams on the schedule there is also the possibility Jets fans could be in for an unexpectedly fun ride that could have them all laughing like crazy at the end of it.

    This is a possibility, you've got to admit that right?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Yes but those playoff chances change week to week. If the Jets beat the Rams then the probability goes up to like 10%, if they beat the Pats they go up more, and so on. Again, the Jets can't think about any of that right now, all they can do is dig in and fight for a win each and every week. With the remaining schedule they could very well do what the '96 Jags did. No question they could do it.
    The problem with your reasoning is that the same held true for the past two games against Miami and Seattle. And the Jets stunk up the house in both games. I'm not saying that it is "impossible" for them to pull it together and make some kind of run. What I am saying is that I have seen ZERO evidence that they are capable of doing so. They've played 9 games and the O has scored 9 TD's against Indy and Buffalo, and only 6 TD's in the other 7 games. I don't care what kind of D they were playing against, that is beyond pitiful.

  3. #23
    Everyone knows we have a soft schedule, so the fact that we are going to miss the playoffs with this sched shows just how craptastic this team is. I'll say one thing, if they don't win the 1st one on the list they are 100% toast.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Suppose the Jets beat the Rams? Let's say the Jets win 24-13 or something like that. I'd say if they can beat the Rams, who have hung tough with some good teams this season so far, then they certainly have a shot at beating the Cards, Jags, Titans, Chargers, and Bills too.

    Basically the season might seem like it's over, but maybe... just maybe... it's NOT.
    Even if we won 46-0 people would say our O isn't good enough to win 5 more games.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Even if we won 46-0 people would say our O isn't good enough to win 5 more games.
    Exactly, a win this week is not even anything to get excited about, like us the Rams have been waxed several times this year, have a bad QB, almost no talent on offense, and a D that tries but eventually quits. It's actually a pretty pitiful game, I wonder which sad-sack announce team CBS is sending, and what angle they'll try to play up to draw viewer interest (probably Schotty v. old team)

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Suppose the Jets beat the Rams? Let's say the Jets win 24-13 or something like that. I'd say if they can beat the Rams, who have hung tough with some good teams this season so far, then they certainly have a shot at beating the Cards, Jags, Titans, Chargers, and Bills too.

    Basically the season might seem like it's over, but maybe... just maybe... it's NOT.
    I agree with you. Jets win the next game then we all start talking about being "spoilers" vs the big bad Patriots.
    Crazier things have happened in the NFL, the step from @Steelers, Texans, 49ers,
    @ Patriots, @Seahawks is huge when your talking Cards, Jags, @Titans, Chargers, @ Bills.
    Jets get up on any of these teams their chances of winning are pretty high.

    But being a Jet fan what WILL happen is that the last game vs Bills will be a win & in scenario & well, we all know how that will turn out,lol.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    The problem with your reasoning is that the same held true for the past two games against Miami and Seattle. And the Jets stunk up the house in both games. I'm not saying that it is "impossible" for them to pull it together and make some kind of run. What I am saying is that I have seen ZERO evidence that they are capable of doing so. They've played 9 games and the O has scored 9 TD's against Indy and Buffalo, and only 6 TD's in the other 7 games. I don't care what kind of D they were playing against, that is beyond pitiful.
    Miami and Seattle are tough defensive teams aren't they? Not exactly pushovers on defense. Among the other games they've played are Pittsburgh (tough defense), San Fran (crazy tough defense), Houston (tough defense), and the Patriots (crazy tough offense).

    The Jets have played some tough opponents, all of the above are probably playoff teams themselves. The rest of the schedule has nothing like this waiting for them. Besides the Pats I don't see anyone the Jets should pencil in as a loss, and that means they possibility still exists for the Jets to do something unexpected the rest of the way. It's happened before, why not now?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Everyone knows we have a soft schedule, so the fact that we are going to miss the playoffs with this sched shows just how craptastic this team is. I'll say one thing, if they don't win the 1st one on the list they are 100% toast.
    Well yeah, but I mean the Rams are only 3 point favorites at home, which is basically a push for oddsmakers. Personally I'm thinking the Jets win this one.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,355
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Miami and Seattle are tough defensive teams aren't they? Not exactly pushovers on defense. Among the other games they've played are Pittsburgh (tough defense), San Fran (crazy tough defense), Houston (tough defense), and the Patriots (crazy tough offense).

    The Jets have played some tough opponents, all of the above are probably playoff teams themselves. The rest of the schedule has nothing like this waiting for them. Besides the Pats I don't see anyone the Jets should pencil in as a loss, and that means they possibility still exists for the Jets to do something unexpected the rest of the way. It's happened before, why not now?
    SOJF here.....

    YEah, sorry to be a jerk, but its just not probable man.
    That being said, it IS possible, and I for one appreciate your enthusiasm.
    Even as an SOJF, i keep the spark alive in the back of my head. Its fun.

    How many years you been doin?

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,261
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Fooling people? I'm not trying to fool people I'm just stating a fact that seems to have gotten lost in all the negativity. Nobody is giving the Jets a chance to do anything at all the rest of the way, but when you look at the rest of the teams on the schedule there is also the possibility Jets fans could be in for an unexpectedly fun ride that could have them all laughing like crazy at the end of it.

    This is a possibility, you've got to admit that right?

    What is a more likely possibility in your eyes, winning 6 of 7 or losing 6 of 7?

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,150
    Their schedule might favor the playoffs, but the play on the field favors 3-13.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Everyone knows we have a soft schedule, so the fact that we are going to miss the playoffs with this sched shows just how craptastic this team is. I'll say one thing, if they don't win the 1st one on the list they are 100% toast.
    I would guarantee you that as of 9 games into the season the Jets have had the toughest schedule in the league.
    Not only that but we have played
    @ Steelers (undefeated at home)
    @ Patriots (1 loss at home)
    @ Seahawks (undefeated at home)
    Also having played the 49ers & Texans
    Not an excuse, my excuse is that we are just an average team without Revis & Holmes & that first half schedule was a KILLER with all the injuries we have dealt with.
    Hard to be cohesive when there really is no cohesion.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Miami and Seattle are tough defensive teams aren't they? Not exactly pushovers on defense. Among the other games they've played are Pittsburgh (tough defense), San Fran (crazy tough defense), Houston (tough defense), and the Patriots (crazy tough offense).

    The Jets have played some tough opponents, all of the above are probably playoff teams themselves. The rest of the schedule has nothing like this waiting for them. Besides the Pats I don't see anyone the Jets should pencil in as a loss, and that means they possibility still exists for the Jets to do something unexpected the rest of the way. It's happened before, why not now?
    If a bad 4-6 Dolphins team can blow us out, we are capable of losing to anyone, even the Jags. The only team that has ever been blown out as much as we have this season and still made the playoffs that I can recall is the 7-9 Seahawks.

    Do you not realize how bad Sanchez is right now? Opponents view him in the same light as a Blaine Gabbert type player. He is like a laughingstock. If you rooted for the Rams, you would be calculating your playoff run right now starting with an easy win over the Jets.

    Others may applaud your optimism, but I think it's insulting. After week 1 was the time for that. After the Colts game (maybe). Not right now off 2 blowout losses. Let the team win a game first before starting up the blind optimism.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    SOJF here.....

    YEah, sorry to be a jerk, but its just not probable man.
    That being said, it IS possible, and I for one appreciate your enthusiasm.
    Even as an SOJF, i keep the spark alive in the back of my head. Its fun.

    How many years you been doin?
    Since 1968, so I've seen a lot of losing over the years too. I know how you feel. This situation though does have a possible bright side to go along with the like dark side. I say we take it week to week and see what happens over the next 7 games. I would personally give up if I knew we had 2 or 3 very tough opponents remaining, but we don't. So who knows? Maybe there's still some fun to be had this season. If the Jets win this week that will be 1 down and 6 to go. Looking forward to it.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    If a bad 4-6 Dolphins team can blow us out, we are capable of losing to anyone, even the Jags. The only team that has ever been blown out as much as we have this season and still made the playoffs that I can recall is the 7-9 Seahawks.

    Do you not realize how bad Sanchez is right now? Opponents view him in the same light as a Blaine Gabbert type player. He is like a laughingstock. If you rooted for the Rams, you would be calculating your playoff run right now starting with an easy win over the Jets

    Yes but the Jets blew out the Bills, then Miami blew us out, then the Bills beat Miami last night. So how can anyone draw any conclusions about any team from one week to another? lol

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I would guarantee you that as of 9 games into the season the Jets have had the toughest schedule in the league.
    Not only that but we have played
    @ Steelers (undefeated at home)
    @ Patriots (1 loss at home)
    @ Seahawks (undefeated at home)
    Also having played the 49ers & Texans
    Not an excuse, my excuse is that we are just an average team without Revis & Holmes & that first half schedule was a KILLER with all the injuries we have dealt with.
    Hard to be cohesive when there really is no cohesion.

    THIS...

  17. #37
    1. Stick with 1 QB (prefereably one that can actually throw which automatically rules out both Tebow and McElroy)

    2. Win the games you're supposed to win.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    I don't see why the Jets couldn't win 6 of their last 7 games based on their very favorable schedule...



    Rams, Pats, Cards, Jags, Titans, Chargers, Bills



    The only real strong team you have in there are the Pats, and the Jets usually get up to play them. The rest of these teams are very beatable, and the Jets have a good chance of beating every last one of them. If the Jets were able to do so they would be the first team since the '96 Jags to do it, but it can be done. Since 1990 three teams have made the playoffs after starting 3-6, and the Jets have a very favorable schedule the rest of the way. Could they do it? Absolutely the could do it... Absolutely they could.
    I smoke lots of pot and drink daily, but even my judgement is not that cloudy!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    1. Stick with 1 QB (prefereably one that can actually throw which automatically rules out both Tebow and McElroy)

    2. Win the games you're supposed to win.
    So McElroy who has never played a regular season snap for us "can't throw," but Sanchez who is just about the lowest rated passer in the league can? I'll give you Tebow

  20. #40
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,467
    Whatís that? Ah ó Playoffs? Donít talk about ó playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us