Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 99

Thread: Jets schedule favors a playoff berth

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I'm glad somebody still believes in a team that hasn't scored an offensive touchdown in a month and has lost five of their last six games, because I sure as hell don't.

    How can anyone be "easy" or a "sure win" for this team?

    They can't.

    IF the stars align and they get some luck thrown their way, a 5-2 finish COULD happen, but is still unlikely. Indianapolis, Cincinnati or San Diego will be the final WC in the AFC. It will not be the Jets.

    We may have the tie-breaker over Indianapolis, but they'll likely have 9 or 10 wins when their schedule is done. 6-1 finish for our Jets? Keep dreaming.

    Hey why not dream? Doesn't cost us anything to dream does it?

    The Jets have a significantly easier schedule the rest of the way than they did to start the season. They could very well go 6-1 the rest of the way and wind up 9-7. This is a possibility, and no matter what all the negative sportstalk people say it's still possible with the remaining teams on the schedule. If you want to be negative about it that's your choice but as of right now the Jets actually have a chance to turn things around. They don't face any really powerful teams the rest of the way except the Pats, and they'll be playing the Pats at Metlife, and they only lost to the Pats by 3 points up at Gillette, so it's possible the Jets could beat the Pats in two weeks. It's also possible the Jets could go on a 7-0 run and wind up 10-6.

    Just saying, we actually do have something to look forward to and still have a reason to watch these games. Things could turn out much differently than people think right now.
    Last edited by billygreen; 11-17-2012 at 07:45 AM.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Hey why not dream? Doesn't cost us anything to dream does it?

    The Jets have a significantly easier schedule the rest of the way than they did to start the season. They could very well go 6-1 the rest of the way and wind up 9-7. This is a possibility, and no matter what all the negative sportstalk people say it's still possible with the remaining teams on the schedule. If you want to be negative about it that's your choice but as of right now the Jets actually have a chance to turn things around. They don't face any really powerful teams the rest of the way except the Pats, and they'll be playing the Pats at Metlife, and they only lost to the Pats by 3 points up at Gillette, so it's possible the Jets could beat the Pats in two weeks. It's also possible the Jets could go on a 7-0 run and wind up 10-6.

    Just saying, we actually do have something to look forward to and still have a reason to watch these games. Things could turn out much differently than people think right now.
    LOL ROFL LMAO.

    K.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    LOL ROFL LMAO.

    K.

    LOL!

    You seem very set on the Jets crashing and burning here, but please tell us which teams remaining on the Jets schedule would you say are "elite teams"? Here's the rest of teams we play, which ones are "elite"?

    Rams, Pats, Cards, Jags, Titans, Chargers, Bills.


    You don't see any scenario where the Jets could go 6-1 against this schedule? Even the Pats don't present the same threat they used to present, and the Jets could beat them too couldn't they?

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    LOL!

    You seem very set on the Jets crashing and burning here, but please tell us which teams remaining on the Jets schedule would you say are "elite teams"? Here's the rest of teams we play, which ones are "elite"?

    Rams, Pats, Cards, Jags, Titans, Chargers, Bills.


    You don't see any scenario where the Jets could go 6-1 against this schedule? Even the Pats don't present the same threat they used to present, and the Jets could beat them too couldn't they?
    How many years does the Rex Ryan vs. Bill Belichick schtick have to happen before you'll see what happens in their matchups?

    Game 1: Always close, a tough battle.

    Game 2: New England blows us out of the ****ing water.

    No, there is no scenario where I can see the team going 6-1. 5-2 at absolute best, but more likely 3-4.

    The Jets don't just lose to "elite" teams. If they did, they would have beaten a banged up Steeler team, Miami and Seattle.

    Why can't you accept we're an at-best mediocre team? How long have you been a Jets fan? This team is FINISHED.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    How many years does the Rex Ryan vs. Bill Belichick schtick have to happen before you'll see what happens in their matchups?

    Game 1: Always close, a tough battle.

    Game 2: New England blows us out of the ****ing water.

    No, there is no scenario where I can see the team going 6-1. 5-2 at absolute best, but more likely 3-4.

    The Jets don't just lose to "elite" teams. If they did, they would have beaten a banged up Steeler team, Miami and Seattle.

    Why can't you accept we're an at-best mediocre team? How long have you been a Jets fan? This team is FINISHED.

    Okay so you've elected to be negative and that's your choice, but if you settle down for a second you'll realize that the Jets actually do have a chance to beat all those teams. The Pats present the biggest challenge but they only beat the Jets by 3 points up at Gillette a few weeks ago and could very well lose to the Jets at Metlife in two weeks.

    It's starts tomorrow at St. Louis, first the Jets have to win that game, if they can do that then it's a sign of life from this team and considering who they have left to play I still think there's every reason to watch the rest of these games.

    P.S) I've been watching the Jets for over 40 years, so if anyone has a reason to be negative it's me. Still I'm looking at the remaining schedule and I don't see anything there that scares me. No Pittsburgh, no 49ers, no Houston, no Green Bay, no Giants, no Ravens, no Broncos with Peyton Manning, no Bears, no Falcons, no NOBODY to be scared of. It's all right there for the Jets to take. If they can't do it against this schedule then we have something to complain about, so lets see how things go before we decide that this thing is over. That's all I'm saying.

  6. #66
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Here's why:

    What happened to Sanchez' knee that it looks like he has a prosthetic leg?

  7. #67
    I give up. Enjoy getting more pissed off when we continue to lose. I've accepted our fate.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I give up. Enjoy getting more pissed off when we continue to lose. I've accepted our fate.
    Heh heh! Alright maybe it's okay to expect the worst, but it's also okay to SUSPECT the best isn't? I SUSPECT the Jets could win all these remaining games. Do I EXPECT them to do so? Probably not, but I have my suspicions... With this lightweight schedule remaining? I suspect the Jets have a good chance to win them all, and that suspicion is based on the weakness of the teams we have left to play.

  9. #69
    Definitely could? Absolutely could?

    You can say the same for any other 3-6 or 4-5
    team. We aren't better than any of them

  10. #70
    a win against the rams could put us in the direction of a rebound a win against new england puts us in the playoff direction.

    a loss to the rams and its over.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    a win against the rams could put us in the direction of a rebound a win against new england puts us in the playoff direction.

    a loss to the rams and its over.
    A loss to the Rams would mean (most likely) that the Jets would have to run the table with six games left. I think they have a very good chance of beating the Rams and following up with a key game against the Patriots at Metlife, where they could win that game too because the Pats only got by the Jets by 3 points on their own field a few weeks ago.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Heh heh! Alright maybe it's okay to expect the worst, but it's also okay to SUSPECT the best isn't? I SUSPECT the Jets could win all these remaining games. Do I EXPECT them to do so? Probably not, but I have my suspicions... With this lightweight schedule remaining? I suspect the Jets have a good chance to win them all, and that suspicion is based on the weakness of the teams we have left to play.
    I don't think you even believe this deep down. If you did, you would have waited for the Jets to beat the Rams to talk about how they might win all their remaining games, no?

    I think (deep down) you know as well as the rest of us that if the Jets could easily lose this game, and then the bus literally has no wheels. So might as well get one more optimistic post out there before all the optimism is washed away, right?

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,238
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What happened to Sanchez' knee that it looks like he has a prosthetic leg?
    What do you mean, thats his Joe Namath brace.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I don't think you even believe this deep down. If you did, you would have waited for the Jets to beat the Rams to talk about how they might win all their remaining games, no?

    I think (deep down) you know as well as the rest of us that if the Jets could easily lose this game, and then the bus literally has no wheels. So might as well get one more optimistic post out there before all the optimism is washed away, right?
    To be honest, this team has so much heat on it right now coming from every direction I don't see how they will lose this game. The only way to stop the onslaught of negativity in the press and the fan base is to win at St. Louis. They don't want to come home with another "L". The Jets are just the type of team you don't want to face right now, a desperate one. I think they'll win this game, and then the heat will be on for the Patriots at Metlife. We'll see what happens, but I'm not giving up on the season yet, we have no reason to do that right now.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    To be honest, this team has so much heat on it right now coming from every direction I don't see how they will lose this game. The only way to stop the onslaught of negativity in the press and the fan base is to win at St. Louis. They don't want to come home with another "L". The Jets are just the type of team you don't want to face right now, a desperate one. I think they'll win this game, and then the heat will be on for the Patriots at Metlife. We'll see what happens, but I'm not giving up on the season yet, we have no reason to do that right now.
    I can't argue this - just the fact that you can still find a reason to get excited about a Jets game this season makes me a little jealous. Carry on.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    A loss to the Rams would mean (most likely) that the Jets would have to run the table with six games left. I think they have a very good chance of beating the Rams and following up with a key game against the Patriots at Metlife, where they could win that game too because the Pats only got by the Jets by 3 points on their own field a few weeks ago.
    NO. They won't. Not in Foxboro. Jets are 3-9 in their last 12 games and you think they will somehow go 6-1, 7-0 to finish this year? Just wow.

    I say 3-4 at best.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I can't argue this - just the fact that you can still find a reason to get excited about a Jets game this season makes me a little jealous. Carry on.
    Heh! Dude I'm a Jets fan, I'm used to being an underdog... I wanna see the Jets climb their way out of this hole. If I wasn't an underdog type person I wouldnt' be a fan of this team I'd be a Steelers fan or a Giants fan or something. I've seen every Rocky movie like 20 times. I pull for the underdog, and the Jets are the ultimate underdog team. I wanna see them pick themselves up off the canvas and land a knockout punch in the 12th round. The day I don't want to see that is the day I'll switch teams or stop watching football altogether.

    So yes, I think the Jets will beat the Rams. Then they'll beat the Pats. Then beat the Cards to get back to .500. I want see all Jets fans laughing and having fun on that day. That's what I'm pulling for. Thats' why I'm here.

  18. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    I don't see why the Jets couldn't win 6 of their last 7 games based on their very favorable schedule...
    The 30th ranked offense in the NFL is incapable of winning 6 out of 7 games.

    Jets will be lucky to finish 2-5.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The 30th ranked offense in the NFL is incapable of winning 6 out of 7 games.

    Jets will be lucky to finish 2-5.


    "In 2009, at 4-6, the Jets were similarly counted out by many. It was Ryan’s first season, and the Jets, just like now, were on a three-game losing streak. Two of the losses were to Miami and New England, just like in the current skid. That year, the Jets won five of their last six regular-season games, leading to an improbable run to the AFC Championship Game."



    Ahem... You were saying?

  20. #80
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    What do you mean, thats his Joe Namath brace.
    I am beginning to believe that is the reason he wears it.

    He hurt his knee as a rookie. Didn't tear anything. Shouldn't it have healed?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us