Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jets schedule favors a playoff berth

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    "In 2009, at 4-6, the Jets were similarly counted out by many. It was Ryan’s first season, and the Jets, just like now, were on a three-game losing streak. Two of the losses were to Miami and New England, just like in the current skid. That year, the Jets won five of their last six regular-season games, leading to an improbable run to the AFC Championship Game."

Ahem... You were saying?
    I hope we get two teams to lay down for us again.

If the jets play as well as the did against the Texans and Pats, they should win at least 5 of those games. Most of those teams are in the same situations as the jets.

And, fans that only see the team winning 2-3 more games are realists not negative.

Banned
    "In 2009, at 4-6, the Jets were similarly counted out by many. It was Ryan’s first season, and the Jets, just like now, were on a three-game losing streak. Two of the losses were to Miami and New England, just like in the current skid. That year, the Jets won five of their last six regular-season games, leading to an improbable run to the AFC Championship Game."

Ahem... You were saying?
    Are you RahRah's brother?

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Not necessary. There is no Peyton Manning between here and there, there are only teams like the Jags and the Cards. Should be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Are you RahRah's brother?
    His new username.

Fooling people? I'm not trying to fool people I'm just stating a fact that seems to have gotten lost in all the negativity. Nobody is giving the Jets a chance to do anything at all the rest of the way, but when you look at the rest of the teams on the schedule there is also the possibility Jets fans could be in for an unexpectedly fun ride that could have them all laughing like crazy at the end of it.

This is a possibility, you've got to admit that right?
    Probable no , possible absolutely. Wasn't long ago Rex thought we were dead and we went to the AFC championship game or was that two different seasons? Either way it isn't over till it's over, this is a funny league things can change quickly. One injury to a key player changes everything,it's happened before. Keep the faith and have some fun billygreen.

Hall Of Fame
    Suppose the Jets beat the Rams? Let's say the Jets win 24-13 or something like that. I'd say if they can beat the Rams, who have hung tough with some good teams this season so far, then they certainly have a shot at beating the Cards, Jags, Titans, Chargers, and Bills too.

Basically the season might seem like it's over, but maybe... just maybe... it's NOT.
    I love Acid!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Not necessary. There is no Peyton Manning between here and there, there are only teams like the Jags and the Cards. Should be fun to watch.
    Except for opening day, what Jets game this season has been fun to watch.

Enjoy your delusion, but the Jets have no playmakers. At all.

Will be lucky to win 3 more games this season.

All League
    Does it look promising or probable? NO

Is it possible? YES

As long as there's a chance I will not give up on this team. I have seen a 1-4/2-5 Jets team win the division and a playoff game in blowout fashion against Manning's Colts. I have seen a 4-6 Jets team coached by Rex make the playoffs and was 2 qtrs away from the SB.

We only get 16 of these games a year (not counting playoffs). Im not willing to count them out until its official.

Sent from my LG-P999

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Jags is a very likely win, Cards and Bills are probably in our favor too. Chargers and Titans 50/50 or slightly under.
    After watching the Bills on thursday night,it seems the are starting to play good football. Mario Williams is healthy and was a beast. The secondary seemed much improved since opening day and spiller is a nightmare. They have our problem though a dud of a qb

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Jets at Indianapolis (Week 16)

At halftime the Jets were only down 9-3, and the 2nd half opening Kick Off was taken back 105 yards by Brad Smith to give us a 10-9 lead. Peyton responded with a 9 play, 81 yard drive to go up 15-10 (2 point attempt failed). Sanchez and the O were driving on the next possession against Indys starters, but ended up stalling. Weatherford and the punt coverage unti pinned Indy at their own 10, and from then on out Indy pulled their starters with about 5 mins left in the 3rd quarter, up 15-10, in a highly competitive, one score game.

Yeah we were given a gift by facing their second team for the last 20 minutes of the game, but it's not like we wouldn't of had a reasonable chance at getting the W if Peyton and co didn't sit since we battled and were well within reach prior to them resting their starters.

Cincinnati at Jets (Week 17)

The Bengals played every single healthy starter (other than Benson) for the whole first half and into the start of the 3rd quarter. Palmer had all his wideouts (Ocho, Coles, Caldwell, etc), and finished 1/11 with an INT, with his team down 30-0 when they were pulled after the first series of the 2nd half. Cinncy could of played everyone and their mothers for the remaining 20-25 minutes of that game, there was NO WAY THEY WERE BEATING THE JETS THAT DAY!!!

Now I will not pretend like if Indy played Manning and co the final 20 mins of the game it would of made a HUGE difference, and more than likely they end up winning the game. But EVERY TEAM benefits and is HURT by not only who you play, but also when you play them. For a comparison, lets use the Pats that same year.

Houston

Jets played them Week 1, on the road with their rookie QB and HC making their NFL debuts at each respective position. The Pats played them Week 17 in a meaningless game for NE, as they already had the division and playoff spot clinched.

Carolina

The Jets played them Week 12, with the Panthers having 10 days to rest and prepare for the game since the previous week they played the Thursday Night game. The Panthers also had their Starting QB for that game, where when New England played them in Week 14 without their starting QB.

Jets also lost BOTH their biggest Offensive threat in Leon and Dominant Defensive player in Jenkins for the season in back to back weeks against Buffalo and Oakland. Every team has games that they benefit from depending on what time of the year they play that team, and every team has a disadvantage going into a game depending on when they play an opponent as well.

We were helped out tremendously with Indy sitting starters the last 20 mins of the game......but it's not like we didn't have a chance to win the game outright if they didn't rest starters since it was 15-10 when it happened. We were NOT helped out by the Bengals sitting starters AT ALL since it was a BLOW OUT by the time they did take out Palmer, Ocho, etc.

Lets get the facts straight, and keep perspective. The Jets aren't the only team to benefit by when they play a certain opponent.

Undrafted Free Agent
    This Makes The Rams Game A One & Done If We Lose

I don't see why the Jets couldn't win 6 of their last 7 games based on their very favorable schedule...

Rams, Pats, Cards, Jags, Titans, Chargers, Bills

The only real strong team you have in there are the Pats, and the Jets usually get up to play them. The rest of these teams are very beatable, and the Jets have a good chance of beating every last one of them. If the Jets were able to do so they would be the first team since the '96 Jags to do it, but it can be done. Since 1990 three teams have made the playoffs after starting 3-6, and the Jets have a very favorable schedule the rest of the way. Could they do it? Absolutely the could do it... Absolutely they could.

Well here we are guys, 4-6... just like 2009.

One down, six to go, Patriots coming up on thursday. Critical game! Need this game at Metlife! No remaining tough teams left except the Pats. WE NEED THIS GAME ON THANKSGIVING!

LET THE RUN BEGIN!!!

GO JETS!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Well here we are guys, 4-6... just like 2009.

One down, six to go, Patriots coming up on thursday. Critical game! Need this game at Metlife! No remaining tough teams left except the Pats. WE NEED THIS GAME ON THANKSGIVING!

LET THE RUN BEGIN!!!

GO JETS!
    RAH! RAH!

When the Jets were 4-6, did they have Braylon at that point or no?

Groundhog day. Every time over the past 30 years we've seen a glimmer of hope after a horrendous start Jet fans start penciling in a big run to end the season.

Only time I can remember it turning out the right way was after the Herm rant.

<Edit: just saw the post about 2009.>

Still, I'll stay bearish on this one fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    Does it look promising or probable that I'll have a threesome this evening with members of the Flight Crew? NO

Is it possible? YES

;-)

I'm not saying that they are going to the playoffs, but New England on Thursday is the last winning team the Jets play this year. You can safely predict, however unlikely it is, that they can run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I'm not saying that they are going to the playoffs, but New England on Thursday is the last winning team the Jets play this year. You can safely predict, however unlikely it is, that they can run the table.

Now we're talkin'... The Pats are the only team left on the schedule that concerns me, and we were up on them in the 4th quarter at Gillette and only lost by 3 in overtime. The Metlife game should prove to be different because now the Jets are behind the 8-ball and simply can't lose the game. The desperation level of the Jets will be maxed out, the Pats are really under no pressure to win the game.

I hate playing desperate teams don't you?